FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fc.net Bbq Video Production Has Resumed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I intend to make the most of tomorrow as a day off... I'll be installing a Linux image on a donated box for the FC.net Folding@Home team, and I'll be working on editing the DVD.

The entire length of footage survived the data catastrophe of last month, but I'll be re-compiling all the photos again. PLEASE tell me that most of the photos in the BBQ thread are still there.

Just an update.

Speaking of the FC.net F@H team - where are the rest of our contributors? I'm a sole spirit on the team stats page!
Holy crap.///it's been over 4 weeks now....

you suck monkey balls...your fired from this project

:angry:
Well bunny if you fire him it mean's you gotta do it U know that right.
Mason,Jul 31 2005, 07:44 PM Wrote:Well bunny if you fire him it mean's you gotta do it U know that right.
[right][snapback]126618[/snapback][/right]

On further analysis and several high-profile meetings and phone-calls, I've decided that perhaps I was too harsh and I'd like to say Adam, you are re-hired!

..your doing a great job buddy...
Lol I love this place some times. :P :D :lol:
Mason,Jul 31 2005, 08:16 PM Wrote:Lol I love this place some times.  :P  :D  :lol:
[right][snapback]126623[/snapback][/right]

Really, I don't!
hurry - i need - i need!! :blink: :( :) :angry: :o :rolleyes: :lol: :blink: :blink:
Mega Sic!
don't forget to finish it off with a star wipe.
*cries because he has no idea what a star wipe is*

I worked through the majority of the footage yesterday, I'll have that auto-chaptered to 5 minute intervals... so 4 chapters :lol:

Now it's just importing the pics to movie-slideshow format, then auto-chaptering that, and then re-adding the pictures to the disc in plain JPEG format.

Create the menus... and done.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 2 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:*cries because he has no idea what a star wipe is*

I worked through the majority of the footage yesterday, I'll have that auto-chaptered to 5 minute intervals... so 4 chapters :lol:

Now it's just importing the pics to movie-slideshow format, then auto-chaptering that, and then re-adding the pictures to the disc in plain JPEG format.

Create the menus... and done.
[right][snapback]127083[/snapback][/right]

Gee, you make that sound so easy. Your instructions read like mine did when trying to help someone setup a PC from scratch with XP & the driver discs over the phone :rofl:

Needless to say I had to go over to the persons house to finish the job :rolleyes:

Seriously though, we appreciate all the hard work you're putting into this.

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Aug 2 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote:don't forget to finish it off with a star wipe.
[right][snapback]127052[/snapback][/right]

Exactly.

Why have hamburger when you can eat steak.
We're in the HUNDREDS of pictures here, guys. I spent a vastly unproductive portion of my morning right-clicking and Save As... getting the last 50-60 or so on the laptop so I can take them home tonight. I'll try to have something on the laptop for all concerned to see at the dyno day. After that it's just menus and chaptering, and dumping the photos on in raw format as well.

Seriously, WTF is a star wipe? It sounds like something hollywood-types have someone else do for them after they're done ejecting dinner :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:We're in the HUNDREDS of pictures here, guys. I spent a vastly unproductive portion of my morning right-clicking and Save As... getting the last 50-60 or so on the laptop so I can take them home tonight. I'll try to have something on the laptop for all concerned to see at the dyno day. After that it's just menus and chaptering, and dumping the photos on in raw format as well.

Seriously, WTF is a star wipe? It sounds like something hollywood-types have someone else do for them after they're done ejecting dinner :lol:
[right][snapback]127892[/snapback][/right]

It;s when the frame opens from the middle in the shape of a star.

It's tacky.

Like sliding frames.
A Simpsons episode

DRyanC
HAHA alright, good to know.

In case I didn't mention it before... I lost my 200-ish photos I took of the BBQ. Actually I lost about 1500 photos to that lack-of-backup last month. That's why this is so delayed. We're back around 230 right now, and I'll grab a few more tonight off my blog. They'll be downsized but at least they're viewable.

I'm figuring 3-3.5 seconds per photo, no monkey business. Simple title on the opening of the "video"... and I'm just crediting the entire FC.net community for the photos as I'll never remember everyone.

Sound good?
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:HAHA alright, good to know.

In case I didn't mention it before... I lost my 200-ish photos I took of the BBQ. Actually I lost about 1500 photos to that lack-of-backup last month. That's why this is so delayed. We're back around 230 right now, and I'll grab a few more tonight off my blog. They'll be downsized but at least they're viewable.

I'm figuring 3-3.5 seconds per photo, no monkey business. Simple title on the opening of the "video"... and I'm just crediting the entire FC.net community for the photos as I'll never remember everyone.

Sound good?
[right][snapback]127908[/snapback][/right]

Computer crashes suck
Just in case anyone's curious, the video / audio streams are rendering RIGHT NOW.

I've elected to leave out titles / credits, but they can always be added in at no real time cost after the weekend. I just wanted something to show you guys.

The recorded video is unedited, 16 minutes long / or so. The photos are set to music and are about 10 minutes long in total. I picked 3 good tracks (or so I thought), but again that can be voted on and swapped easily before the final cut.