FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Random Pictures From Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well I got a new blackberry bold a few weeks ago, and I've been able to snap a few photos of some interesting cars that come to my work, for those that don't know I work for Adesa Auto auctions. most of the cars I took photos of I drove to where they are before I took the pictures or noticed them on the lot. I have not taken any photos of corvettes, or mustangs as well they are not as rare as these are, so enjoy.

1997 DB7 75,000 kms
[Image: IMG00008-20090324-0922.jpg]
[Image: IMG00009-20090324-0923.jpg]

2004 Maserati Quatra-portea 62,000 kms
[Image: IMG00011-20090421-1012.jpg]
[Image: IMG00012-20090421-1012.jpg]

2004 Lotus 6,000 kms (going on the block tomorrow)
[Image: IMG00033-20090526-1618.jpg]
[Image: IMG00035-20090526-1619.jpg]
[Image: IMG00034-20090526-1619.jpg]

1991 Nissan Skyline 85,000 kms
[Image: IMG00022-20090520-1218.jpg]
[Image: IMG00023-20090520-1219.jpg]
[Image: IMG00024-20090520-1219.jpg]

1985 Nissan HiJet Cargo 59,000 kms
[Image: IMG00028-20090526-1557.jpg]
[Image: IMG00030-20090526-1557.jpg]
[Image: IMG00029-20090526-1557.jpg]

1965 Mercury Meteor 63,000 miles
[Image: IMG00031-20090526-1558.jpg]
[Image: IMG00032-20090526-1558.jpg]

Original Mini Cooper (dealer car)
[Image: IMG00017-20090508-1105.jpg]
[Image: IMG00019-20090508-1105.jpg]
[Image: IMG00018-20090508-1105.jpg]
How far do you get to drive them?

How much 2006 STi's are going for with decent milege?

Any Ferrari's/Lambo's?

Cool cars by the way.
well there was a ferrari earlier this year, but there usually around durring the summers, and STi's are cheap..

I think we had about 2 or 3 lambo last year. almost every week or so there is a vette or some type of mustang for the record.

and I've seen a 2008 STi Import for the usa, go for $18,200 at auction, it had 10,000 miles, but yeah all the stuff I heard about it was not good.
Cool cars indeed ... no offense intended Philip ... but how the fawk did you fit into that Lotus or the Mini :unsure:
never drove that mini, as it's a dealers car, but I have driven one before, like the new ones but I'd never buy one after working there unless it was 2008 or newer.

the lotus I learned the best way to get into it was from top gear, but wow... it's soo cramped inside for tall people... and the doors don't open all that well or wide as you'd expect.

I have some random wild life photos of some of the nests from the geese and sand pippers, that nest near the ponds on the lot.

[Image: IMG00014-20090427-1110.jpg]
mama goose looking at me lol....
[Image: IMG00015-20090427-1111.jpg]
[Image: IMG00016-20090504-1005.jpg]
Frost__2001,May 26 2009, 04:45 PM Wrote:well there was a ferrari earlier this year, but there usually around durring the summers, and STi's are cheap..

I think we had about 2 or 3 lambo last year. almost every week or so there is a vette or some type of mustang for the record.

and I've seen a 2008 STi Import for the usa, go for $18,200 at auction, it had 10,000 miles, but yeah all the stuff I heard about it was not good.
[right][snapback]288138[/snapback][/right]

Do you have or can get a list of cars are gonna be selling there (with starting prices maybe)?
I saw the DB7 in Milton, i wonder why its there now :)

As for others, i have seen most with the exception of pickup truck. Is that one going on Adesa dealerblock?
I seen that truck in Brampton around 5:00pm today lol look so out of place.
mo_focus,May 26 2009, 06:07 PM Wrote:I saw the DB7 in Milton, i wonder why its there now :)

As for others, i have seen most with the exception of pickup truck. Is that one going on Adesa dealerblock?
[right][snapback]288157[/snapback][/right]

That DV7 has good tires on too. Bridgestone KDW's!!
BTW can you please let me know when you get a 06 TDI with 80-120K's on it and it should be Auto.

Thnaks.
that hijet cargo is SICK!!!! max out the rim size (like 18s LOL) and do a custom bed, ballin!
Okay that '65 Mercury Meteor.... nice...

Any idea what it went for? :huh:

NefCanuck
I was wondering why there are so many cars in that huartz parking lot of where you work, and it was untill i read your post instead of glancing at all the pictures then I realized where you dont work. Woah when did you leave tim hortons dude? I never knew you work at a car auction place. thats pretty cool. one question though, can u still get deals on coffees?
ive always wanted to know:

- why cars end up there?
- isnt there something majorly wrong with them?
There's a HiJet in North Bay. What a sick little truck!

And the Skyline... mmmmmm. *drool*
StreetEdition,May 27 2009, 02:35 AM Wrote:ive always wanted to know:

- why cars end up there?
[right][snapback]288191[/snapback][/right]

Street Edition: most of the cars that come to my work are from the manufacturers like ford, mazda, BMW, Mercedes benz, GM, Dodge etc... and they are all lease returns, or least trade in. we get special dealer cars from mercedes benz canada from their dealer network, and they can be anything often very well taken care of cars that were traded ins on new mercedes, other wise it's Ex Rentals, repos, and dealer cars (ie. the cars the dealers can't sell on their lots or have been on them a while) Sometimes, yes there can be some major issus with the cars but often it's dealer cars or repos that have the issues, it's rare for the lease retuns to have major issues unless they are theft recovered, or had the odos rolled back.

MO: yes the Lotus is going on dealer block today I think in A lane. I'd check the GE stack of cars as they often have random cars in there, I've seen a few VW TDI's in there with 60 - 200,000 kms, often 06 - 08. otherwise check B, and D lane as they swap between those 2 lanes with random VW's. I'll be in H lane today if you want to swing by, just look for some brown POS mailbu as that's my shuttle, and I could take a look round for one for you. I'll be wearing a green high visibility vest, (I run H lane btw)

Nick: I could get some prices for what the floor prices is, but it could sky rocket up depending on what kind or how rare the car is, plus you'd not be able to buy as your not a dealer.

Nef: they '65 Mercury is going on the block today so donno yet.

Paolo: I have not worked at tims in like 4 years. I could as I still know a few people that work at the old location I worked at.
Those are some very cool cars Philip. I am sure you get to see quite a few unique autos. When are you coming out to a Monday Meet again? My daughter doesn't come out anylonger so you don't need to worry about your shorts. LOL
Frost__2001,May 27 2009, 11:13 AM Wrote:

- why cars end up there?

Street Edition: most of the cars that come to my work are from the manufacturers like ford, mazda, BMW, Mercedes benz, GM, Dodge etc... and they are all lease returns, or least trade in. we get special dealer cars from mercedes benz canada from their dealer network, and they can be anything often very well taken care of cars that were traded ins on new mercedes, other wise it's Ex Rentals, repos, and dealer cars (ie. the cars the dealers can't sell on their lots or have been on them a while) Sometimes, yes there can be some major issus with the cars but often it's dealer cars or repos that have the issues, it's rare for the lease retuns to have major issues unless they are theft recovered, or had the odos rolled back.

MO: yes the Lotus is going on dealer block today I think in A lane. I'd check the GE stack of cars as they often have random cars in there, I've seen a few VW TDI's in there with 60 - 200,000 kms, often 06 - 08. otherwise check B, and D lane as they swap between those 2 lanes with random VW's. I'll be in H lane today if you want to swing by, just look for some brown POS mailbu as that's my shuttle, and I could take a look round for one for you. I'll be wearing a green high visibility vest, (I run H lane btw)

Nick: I could get some prices for what the floor prices is, but it could sky rocket up depending on what kind or how rare the car is, plus you'd not be able to buy as your not a dealer.

Paolo: I have not worked at tims in like 4 years. I could as I still know a few people that work at the old location I worked at.
[right][snapback]288195[/snapback][/right]

SOrry Phill, didnt make it out there today. Something else came up.

Let me know if you see a clean 06 TDI.

thannks, Mo
mo_focus,May 27 2009, 09:42 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,May 27 2009, 11:13 AM Wrote:

- why cars end up there?

[right][snapback]288195[/snapback][/right]

SOrry Phill, didnt make it out there today. Something else came up.

Let me know if you see a clean 06 TDI.

thannks, Mo
[right][snapback]288284[/snapback][/right]

the only 06+ Vw's I've seen was a 2009 Golf / Rabbit (ex rental) and a 2007 Jetta GLi, but there are a few city models of each here too, about 3 or so. but if I see on I'll let you know, often there are a few GE Jettas, but GE will not be running until june 10th.

FYI that lotus sold for $36,000.
I like that Meteor...it's like a Continental, but wouldn't pay the Continental premium for it. It'd look so awesome with some elbow grease put into compounding and waxing the body, polishing the chrome, and put some chrome rims on it and just drive it.