FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Buyer/seller Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I was just thinking about something. What if we had a feedback area (sticky) in the buy or sell items area. It would be much easier to look there to see if the buyer/seller can be trusted refrences... etc. especially now that this site is getting bigger.
scoobasteve,Jul 29 2005, 06:25 PM Wrote:Hey guys,

I was just thinking about something.  What if we had a feedback area (sticky) in the buy or sell items  area.  It would be much easier to look there to see if the buyer/seller can be trusted refrences... etc.  especially now that this site is getting bigger.
[right][snapback]126304[/snapback][/right]

2003_svt suggested this as well..it's a good idea.

and i have been thinking about it a bit...

Not sure if a 'sticky' thread is a good implementation tho... I'd be willing to maintain one if buyers and sellers want to PM me their comments on each other. strickly confidential, and I won't keep records of people's remarks. If that's fine for people as an interim measure, I'll post the sticky along with rules on submitting buyer/seller feedback.
What good is it if other's can't read the remarks?
i agree, a sticky in the buy sell would be awsome
I dunno how difficult it would be to implement, but how about an ebay style rating system? IE good feedback = +1 point, negative feedback = -1 point, neutral = 0 points.
I think this is a bad idea...

well, maybe not bad but just pointless...cause what one person thinks of another person could be totally different from someone elses point of view.

I personally would not go on the recommendation of a few memebers on this board when making a purchase...sorry but, I don't trust many peoples opinions on here anymore!

Ok So 1 Jackass dosent like you Or they Turnout to Be completey Retarted about something, They Give you a Bad name.

Bad Idea
Chromey,Jul 29 2005, 10:02 PM Wrote:Ok So 1 Jackass dosent like you Or they Turnout to Be completey Retarted about something, They Give you a Bad name.

Bad Idea
[right][snapback]126345[/snapback][/right]

yeh man, some folks on here are shady like that...sorry but, its the truth!

I vote NO on this deal!
Chromey,Jul 29 2005, 10:02 PM Wrote:Ok So 1 Jackass dosent like you Or they Turnout to Be completey Retarted about something, They Give you a Bad name.

Bad Idea
[right][snapback]126345[/snapback][/right]

Howard Forums is a huge site, and heavily relys on member feedback for their buy/sell area to prevent fraud because theyre so freaking huge. They dedicated an entire sub-forum where people can leave comments on the transaction, and have full time moderators investigating possible fraudulant sellers.

I agree on your point, but.. then again, I also think that people should know how to sell and represent themselfs and stand behind what theyre selling, or they will suffer negative feedback. I've been doing online transactions for years, I know what works and what doesnt.
darkpuppet,Jul 29 2005, 06:40 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jul 29 2005, 06:25 PM Wrote:Hey guys,

I was just thinking about something.  What if we had a feedback area (sticky) in the buy or sell items  area.   It would be much easier to look there to see if the buyer/seller can be trusted refrences... etc.  especially now that this site is getting bigger.
[right][snapback]126304[/snapback][/right]

2003_svt suggested this as well..it's a good idea.

and i have been thinking about it a bit...

Not sure if a 'sticky' thread is a good implementation tho... I'd be willing to maintain one if buyers and sellers want to PM me their comments on each other. strickly confidential, and I won't keep records of people's remarks. If that's fine for people as an interim measure, I'll post the sticky along with rules on submitting buyer/seller feedback.
[right][snapback]126309[/snapback][/right]

you could always check out how its done on other forums FIRST, such as torontocivics, clubsir, honda-acura, vwvortex, etc.. and see if they have any problems with their buy/sell. for example, HowardForums is pretty f'n huge, they have a feedback forum which a buyer posts feedback on a transaction.
I like it. If it's good enough for Ebay, it's good enough for me. And I can't stand Ebay, but like the idea of seller ratings.
meford4u,Jul 29 2005, 06:46 PM Wrote:What good is it if other's can't read the remarks?
[right][snapback]126311[/snapback][/right]

confidential doesn't mean that people can't read the comments... If you've ever had a peer feedback system at work, I'd implement something similar.

this is a simple question, if you guys want a feedback sticky, I'll work on implementing one that will be as fair as I can make it. This isn't a vote on the exact implementation.. and there's no obligation to use it... only that it's made available..
I like the buyer rating on focusfanatics.com, gives a number in paratheses in their user info, clicking that opens a popup listing transaction details with a line for comments.
Sound like a good idea.
guilty,Jul 29 2005, 11:30 PM Wrote:I like the buyer rating on focusfanatics.com, gives a number in paratheses in their user info, clicking that opens a popup listing transaction details with a line for comments.
[right][snapback]126378[/snapback][/right]

That sounds perfect.

Personally I don't see why anyone would be opposed to this. It's your liability to make sure the other person is legit. If they leave you bad feedback, message the mods with your side of the story and see what's said, or have it like ebay where they can leave a comment and you post a followup.
Its good and bad.

How ever I feel some of us know each other on here good enough we can trust each other. Not every sale can be smooth and 100%. Things happen.

Like some one mentioned. Some one else could have a much better experience with them then another person had.

Good idea and I had thought of it a while ago. How ever even some one with good comments can even rip you off.
Despite that, I think it's safe to say most people would feel more comfortable buying from someone with a higher rating. Granted the regular posters on here know most anyone that would be selling stuff, and can vouch for or against them, but nonetheless..
Raine,Jul 30 2005, 04:59 AM Wrote:Personally I don't see why anyone would be opposed to this. It's your liability to make sure the other person is legit. If they leave you bad feedback, message the mods with your side of the story and see what's said, or have it like ebay where they can leave a comment and you post a followup.
[right][snapback]126406[/snapback][/right]

I'm opposed cause I've seen what happens when there are differences of opinions and many people not involved in particular dealings get involved and start bad-mouthing and making comments. Whats to stop friends from giving tons of bogus good feedback or vice-versa...I dont think it would be a very accurate reflection of someones 'goodness or badness' as a seller. No matter what, you are going on other people experiences and say I sold you a cardboard box and you were very unhappy with it, you give me negative feedback and then people think I'm a scammer or bad seller when I want to sell another cardboard box that someone else would be totally happy with. A bad sale is totally in the eyes of the buyer.

Some people are bad at communication and very impatient and that doesnt warrant bad feedback, you didnt do anything wrong!!!
It would turn into a big fight all the time. Say if someone were to post that a seller backed out, then the seller calls the poster a liar and so on. This is the potential downside. It's a good idea. Not to ward away people but to keep them informed as to potential problems arising from past dealings. Maybe a 1 post/1 response style. There haven't been enough problems on here to make it a priority.

Since were all voting I say yes. Not a priority though.
FocusFanatics has a buy/sell rating on every members profile, might wanna check that out.

Im on the fence with this one.
Pages: 1 2