FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stupid Ignition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So yah, got in my car at school today, couldn't turn the key in the ignition. So as i'm typing this my car is at ford, i'm waiting to here what this is gonna cost me, but from reading other posts around here i'm think $400.

You'd think after having this happen on sooo many cars it would be a recall by now.
they did mine under warranty ?? :huh:
Ya mines a 2000, and after asking they said it wasn't covered under warranty. Which sux balls!
habmann,Jul 29 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:So yah, got in my car at school today, couldn't turn the key in the ignition. So as i'm typing this my car is at ford, i'm waiting to here what this is gonna cost me, but from reading other posts around here i'm think $400.

You'd think after having this happen on sooo many cars it would be a recall by now.
[right][snapback]126208[/snapback][/right]

No recall I'm afraid but if you're on Focusfanatics.com as well, you'll see several threads dedicated to "The Self Destructing Ignition cylinder"

NefCanuck
sucks!
your not a true focus owner until your 2000 focus eats the key :lol:
mine attempted to eat my key, couldn't turn the iginition, spent a long time fiddling with it, upwards of two hours, once I got the key to turn, I left it in for about a month LOL, and then it was fine this was a year to two years ago.
Mine use to not want to give the key back when I could turn the car off. Or it wouldnt take the key when I wanted to start it.

All I did was screwed with the key untill the driver door open chime stoped working and it gave me the key back. Now if I put the key just right now matter what its doing ( Off, Accessorie, Ignition ) I can allway's stop the door chime.

lol But yea, My key use to get stuck to.
Ate mine too!
I guess i got lucky... My 2001 never did.