FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Adding A 2nd Auto Power Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay, has anyone done this yet..

I like the auto-power window on the focus so you just press and release the button and it goes down..automatically...!

But, as ya'll know, it is only on the driver's window! I wonder about rigging up a 2nd switch for the front passenger window too!

Anyone done this? Any info?
There was discussion of this on the Jet.

I'd check for you but I'm banned. :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,Jul 28 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:There was discussion of this on the Jet.

I'd check for you but I'm banned. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]126119[/snapback][/right]

I'd check myself but I'm banned too! :lol:
Should be relatively easy tho... it's a two-stage switch that allows for that... just find a wrecked focus with power windows and take the drivers side switch, replace your own with the new one and you're done
or you could be fancy like me and have your car windows controlled by your keyless remote.

a buddy of mine made it so i can open or close my window from my keyless remote. It is good on hot days i can roll down the windows while walking to the car
Raine,Jul 29 2005, 03:58 AM Wrote:Should be relatively easy tho... it's a two-stage switch that allows for that... just find a wrecked focus with power windows and take the drivers side switch, replace your own with the new one and you're done
[right][snapback]126142[/snapback][/right]

It won't work like that. The switches, passenger and driver, are actually one sealed unit. You can't take them apart without damaging the switch.
so coudlnt you put another set of driver AND passanger window controls on the passangers side...only problem with that is your passanger can control your window now...
the wiring for that would suck immensly.
ok..well...

this thread and some further investigation has led me to the conclusion that I no longer am interested in this...

thanks guys...
would a UK (left hand drive) switch work? since the driver side is on the right of the car, so the auto touch down button should be reversed? you could fit it in the same switch panel, no? i have no idea.