FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Did It!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I just got back from my workout at the gym and decided to step onto the scale for the first time this month. Unfreaking believable 229LBS!!!!! I knew I was still dropping because I just bought a new suit and the regular 46Tall pants had to be taken in almost 3". I never would have believed that in less than 8 months I could drop 81lbs and not be sick all the time.

My trainer is now changing my workout to focus more on conditioning and toning before the winter comes he figures I should drop another 10-15lbs the goal now is to get my body fat % down since I'm still a bit flabby.

Plyometrics + Running + sensible eating + basic resistance training + lots of motivational help = real weight loss.

Jan 1st I was 310lbs with a 44” waist.
July 28th I’m at 229 with a loose 36” waist.

I'm so happy I think I'm going to go make a celebratory chocolate shake!
WOW!!!! that's awesome man! congrats!

I've been sort of stuck for a while... about time I catch up!

darkpuppet,Jul 28 2005, 01:54 PM Wrote:WOW!!!!  that's awesome man!  congrats!

I've been sort of stuck for a while... about time I catch up!
[right][snapback]126006[/snapback][/right]

Thanks man it feels sooo great! I just look at it like for every 10lbs I loose my car gets 1hp faster yahoo I got 8 free HP!! :lol: :lol:
That's awesome. Good Job.

Hmmm makes me think about getting back in shape again now that I have all my education behind me and more free time again.

Hmmmm maybe I won't have that cheeseburger afterall at the BBQ.
Thats awesome man, congrats.

i wish i had the motivation to do something like that. :blink:
scoobasteve,Jul 28 2005, 02:06 PM Wrote:Thats awesome man, congrats.

i wish i had the motivation to do something like that.  :blink:
[right][snapback]126009[/snapback][/right]

Guys it wasn't that hard really. I started playing indoor soccer last winter which got me running around for 45mins even if it was just once a week. I didn't really change what I ate just cut out eating anything between meals. I still drank when I went out I still enjoyed food but just in moderation. I go to the gym for just about an hour 3-5 times a week depending on my schedule usually first thing in the morning to get it out of the way. Other than that I just kept at it, because it wasn't a huge change to my life and I still got to eat things that I liked it never felt hard. At the moment I play soccer and volleyball twice a week so my gym time is cut way down once or twice a week max.

If I can do it anyone can.

My GF helped keep me motivated as well which was a big help.
Simon!

Great news!

I'm actually starting weightwatchers this weekend.

I've signed up at the gym here in Toronto and am ready to start losing the flab.

These stories are motivation indeed!

Thanks.
People dont realize its easier than you think. I always tell people its aprrox. the first 2 weeks that the hard aprt, after that, its all down hill. Since new years ive lost 41 lbs, and 12% BF. For the last 2 months ive been eating okay, but not right, and only working out 3 times a week, and i still lost 2% BF, and i felt like i slacked it huge.

Id have to agree Simon, its awsome not being sick, i havent been sick in over a year. Thats probly the best part, is feeling healthy, not always looking it.

Ive been stuck at this 164-165 plateau for a while, and its pissong me off, im thinking that switching up the workout, more cardio, will help.

Congradulations man, thats a huge lifestyle change, and its probly going to be for the rest of your life. Got any before and afters?
I'm with fociphil and EFF, it's easy to lose the weight.. it's a matter of making the changes that will keep you on track for the longrun.

I've admitedly been slacking a bit this summer, but I'm back at it, riding more, playing vball twice a week, and working out at home whenever I can. You also find that the more time you spend doing things is less time you spend eating... I eat just enough to keep going, not enough to keep me occupied.

well, except for those nights out with the boys... been a few too many of THOSE nights lately.
Congrats man! I hope I will do as well as you. I started back at the gym last night and it felt good.
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 28 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:That's awesome.  Good Job.

Hmmm makes me think about getting back in shape again now that I have all my education behind me and more free time again.

[right][snapback]126008[/snapback][/right]

Come down to my office, we'll talk.

That's awesome news, Simon, and quite the way to come. Well done.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 28 2005, 03:45 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 28 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:That's awesome.  Good Job.

[right][snapback]126008[/snapback][/right]

Come down to my office, we'll talk.
[right][snapback]126021[/snapback][/right]

:wub:
All I can do is applaud you. Awsome news.
Thats fuggin incredible Simon!!! Great work! B) Watch your track times will be even lower now :P

-P@
I really need to get back on a proper eating schedule. In March I was down to 155 lbs... I'm since back up to 165 just because of lack of discipline... Just really need to concentrate on getting started again and making some headway..

Good work Simon.
Raine,Jul 28 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:I really need to get back on a proper eating schedule. In March I was down to 155 lbs... I'm since back up to 165 just because of lack of discipline... Just really need to concentrate on getting started again and making some headway..

Good work Simon.
[right][snapback]126025[/snapback][/right]

You need to clean out your mouth foul-ball...

that's what you need to do. :lol:
I need to loose some weight and stories like that is what i need to start :) Awesome job man keep it up
Congratulations! Very happy for ya!
Congrats, yeah I know how it is myself after a year and a half of an exercise regieme that includes 25 minutes of cardio work 4 days a week, except I'm not losing any serious weight really (Still around 185lbs on a 6'2" frame) just slimming down.

Went from a tight 38 to a comfortable 36 and my 16" neck shirts are wearable again.

Biggest thing to remember is *why* you're doing it, whatever the reason, that's the best motivator I've found :) In my case it was a rather pointed speech from my GP pointing out that my weight had hit 212lbs as of Jan 03 and that more weight = bad things for a wrecked knee that's braced as is.

NefCanuck
Euro Ford Fan,Jul 28 2005, 01:44 PM Wrote:Well I just got back from my workout at the gym and decided to step onto the scale for the first time this month.  Unfreaking believable 229LBS!!!!!  I knew I was still dropping because I just bought a new suit and the regular 46Tall pants had to be taken in almost 3".    I never would have believed that in less than 8 months I could drop 81lbs and not be sick all the time.

My trainer is now changing my workout to focus more on conditioning and toning before the winter comes he figures I should drop another 10-15lbs the goal now is to get my body fat % down since I'm still a bit flabby.

Plyometrics + Running + sensible eating + basic resistance training + lots of motivational help = real weight loss.

Jan 1st I was 310lbs with a 44” waist.
July 28th I’m at 229 with a loose 36” waist.

I'm so happy I think I'm going to go make a celebratory chocolate shake!
[right][snapback]126005[/snapback][/right]

Congrats, as someone who has lost 45lbs in the last year I know from experience that it's a great feeling when you check that scale :)

Laterz :)
Pages: 1 2