FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Seeing As Radioshack.ca Is Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for a Kill-a-watt tester, to measure watts consumed at the appliance level.

I'm trying to see how many of the distributed computing boxes I can host at the house before I need to start co-locating them at my buddy's store.

The funny / sad part is, Circuit City is completely PWNING us Canadians. There's no Canadian website anymore to find parts / look up prices for those stores.

I'm going to one tomorrow just to bitch / get a phone number to bitch to.

Might look for a tester while I'm there, too.

Anyone know where to find a kill-a-watt tester?
Here's the new site
http://www.thesourcecc.com/

as for a kilowatt meter, if you can find out how many amps each computer uses, then multiply that by the outlet voltage (should be 120V) that will give you the watts. But in a household situation the main concern is amperage, not watts so much.
Well, the supply's rated for X amps draw at 120VAC, but it doesn't always pull that much current. A lot of good tech sites use Kill-a-Watt testers to measure total power consumption by the entire PC, and I'd love to have one.

I've found some online e-tailers, but I'm looking for a store / seller I can trust. Might have a line on one in North Bay IIRC.
Definately a kilowatt meter is definately a better way to measure it.
Adam, I'm going to say one word and one word only. MESCO. Call me and I will tell you more.