FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Happened To My Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here it is:

On friday afternoon, I was travelling solo to Markham to get my roll call done on my hood before Darknights to apease the great sponsor gods.

Anyway, I'm stuck in traffic on the 401 leading into toronto, anyhoo, I'm stuck doing the typical stop & go as many of you commuters into Toronto must be used too. So, I'm sitting there listening to my tunes minding my own business, and I am staring at the ass end of a black dodge stealth. So out of nowhere, I see this red blur FLYING towards me, I remember screaming FUCCK really loud, grabbed the steering wheel, stomped the brake pedal down the floor, and braced for impact.

*WHHHHHHAM*

I'm physically fine, my seat flew back (the back support gave out when I hit back into it) and I look for traffic and get out of my car and go and expect the worst.

1. hatch is bent right below the glass, like to the point where I can see into the hatch and it's still somewhat closed.

2. the bumper and wings west rear lip is just mashed to bits.

3. the driver side rear quarter pannel buckled due to the impact.

I just LOST it on this guy. I don't even care about his car being totalled. I start screaming my head off, about how I was on my way to Darknights and how he pretty much just ruined my car. He is telling me to calm down and I just lost it even more, there was an MTO officer who saw the entire thing and sorta pulled me back cause when he told me to calm down I started running at him. I yelled at the officer to get him the fack away from me before I knocked his stupid ass out.

There was a LOT of profanity that I recall screaming at the dumb ass, but the officer told me to chill out, and that hitting him would only make things worse.

His car: early to mid 90's Pontiac sunfire, blew both airbags, windshield was smashed, bumper crushed/falling off, headlights smashed, rad fluid EVERYWHERE.

he tried to tell me he could pay me how ever much the damage was and didn't want to go through insurance, I told him to get the fack back in his car before I threw his face through his windshield. He quickly left me alone.

OPP arrived a few min later, took our statements, talked to the MTO officer, and charged the driver with Careless driving (6 pts!) and let me go.

On the good side, the car is already being fixed, I have the green light to get everything fixed, the claim has been approved and everything is a-go.

The judges at DKN were really cool about it, I drove to DKN right after the accident and talked to the show co-ordinater and explained everything and he said it should be cool.

WOO HOO! First place! I will post pics of the car after it comes back from the shop.
It sucks when that s**t happens, bonus is your rear end mods are paid for and so is a paint job.......I'll admit i'm not a fan of the silver w/ black carbon front...

If this ever happens to me, I'll be making sure I get the added benefits of recieving some massage therapy while my car is being fixed to perfection.....

If his airbags blew there must be some more damage to your car.....I'd be under there checking everything out.....did you take it to ford to get fixed?
Glad everything is ok!

Sounds like a reason to get that cf hatch, which for some reason i thought you already had.

And i agree with hardc0re, you need to blend the cf in to the silver a bit. Like having the "vents" on your fenders painted silver, the one that opens behind the front wheels towards the doors. i dunno might look good might not

I DO like how you have your HIDs tinted though, looks very slick. But the green ford emblem has to go!

Good job on #1!

wish i didn't have to work that weekend or i would've entered too
Holy s**t Tony, that's completely insane!

Did the asspirate actually have insurance? Something tells me he's doing the "occasional driver two-step".

I fackin hate morons like that... absofackinlutely hate them. :angry:

I'd be getting checked out from head to toe, as well as the car. Getting hit like that doesn't let you just "walk away", especially when you're hit from behind.
haha, Tony getting all up in some doods face. Wish I could have saw that. :lol:

Good to hear its already being fixed....
sorry to hear Tony.

Are you sure there is no frame damage? Sounds like the guy hit you pretty hard.

I would double triple check. You don;t want to be driving around a crooked car.

If the back tires wear poorly, you'll know your car is twisted.

I hope it all works out man. :(
Great news on winning number one.
Bad news about taking it in the bumb.
Hope all works out well for you.
And your insurance company isn't just like a J.....

And the rhyme ends.
geez Tony, I just can't beleive your car woes this year alone. Really happy you're ok... and yeah, check out that ride to make sure it's straight still.

Congrats on #1 bro... you put lots of work into it I know! ;)
meford4u,Jul 27 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:Great news on winning number one.
Bad news about taking it in the bumb.
Hope all works out well for you.
And your insurance company isn't just like a J.....

And the rhyme ends.
[right][snapback]125695[/snapback][/right]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I hate how much s**t your car has gone thru, Tony... with the break in, now an accident.. it's just stupid. Glad it's getting fixed. I meant to msg you on MSN to congradulate you on your first place win but I fell asleep :P

I got hit on the hwy last year... cracked my already damaged bumpers (because I flew into the guy in front of me when the asshole rear ended my car) and gave my g/f whiplash, but I wasn't properly insured at the time so I just let it go. Drag this fvckers ass over hot coals, man. Get anything you can out of him.
Congrads on your 1st place man, knew you were gonna get something. And about the bump, sorry to hear, but think of it this way, he could have pushed you into that stealth, and then screwed up your CF...but it's still a piss of to have it happen, especially before DKN7
Hands down if he had pushed me into the stealth and broken my front end, I would be in jail for manslaughter. I would have lost it on him and slit his throat with the broken shards of carbon fiber from my bumper.
its the curse of modded foci...its back
Sounds like how I would react if someone hit my stang.
:blink: Wow the seatback gave out behind you from the impact? What was that idiot doing, looking at pr0n while driving? Hope you did get checked out by a doctor though, accidents that severe tend to leave reminders that show up later.

Yeah, I'd have been in Mister Jerkoff's face too... except I have a cane and I would have pulled an Obi Wan on his ass :P

Congrats that you still managed to win despite your car getting re-arranged :)

NefCanuck