FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Screeched In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone!

I'm back from my trip to Newfoundland. Just got back yesterday. Got home a little earlier due to flight and fairy problems. The land down there is absolutely beautiful, but wow... there is not much entertainment down there! They didn't have too many Foci's down there, and they only sell Foci's in Sedan and Wagon style, no Hatchbacks down there :/

I did get Screeched in. If no one knows what Screeching in is... its just a welcome into NFLD. I had to wear a rain outfit, put my feet in a bowl of fish guts, say a Newfie poem, eat an inch thick of bologna, drink "Screech" from a rubber boat, kiss a cod fish, and dance to a Newfie song. Not bad at all! Thought it would be much worse. I will put some pics of the land up later.

All in all, had a good trip, but glad to be home.
Hope everyone is doing well. :)
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 27 2005, 12:41 AM Wrote:Hey Everyone!

I'm back from my trip to Newfoundland. Just got back yesterday. Got home a little earlier due to flight and fairy problems. The land down there is absolutely beautiful, but wow... there is not much entertainment down there! They didn't have too many Foci's down there, and they only sell Foci's in Sedan and Wagon style, no Hatchbacks down there :/

I did get Screeched in. If no one knows what Screeching in is... its just a welcome into NFLD. I had to wear a rain outfit, put my feet in a bowl of fish guts, say a Newfie poem, eat an inch thick of bologna, drink "Screech" from a rubber boat, kiss a cod fish, and dance to a Newfie song. Not bad at all! Thought it would be much worse. I will put some pics of the land up later.

All in all, had a good trip, but glad to be home.
Hope everyone is doing well.  :)
[right][snapback]125640[/snapback][/right]

Welcome Back to the mainland. Did you by any chance get to St. John's and do a stint down George St? :beer:
welcome back.

Someone was driving your car on Sunday.
HAHAHA AWESOME! Glad you had a great time. Being screetched in ends up ok since everyone there has so much fun... it's just the initial thought of doing all that at first lol. Can't wait to see some pics
Welcome back dude :) Glad to hear you had a good time!
Someone was driving your car on Sunday
...most likely my dad. He loves my car, but I won't let him drive it, but it looks like he got to it :angry: Thanks for letting me know, haha!

Did you by any chance get to St. John's and do a stint down George St?
No, we stayed around the Port-aux-Basqux, Isle-aux-Morts, Grand River, The Valley, and Cornerbrook area. I wanted to go to George St but couldn't get there :/

Thanks for the welcome homes!
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 27 2005, 04:41 AM Wrote:Hey Everyone!

[right][snapback]125640[/snapback][/right]

Holy hell, you thoughtit was going to be worse??!?
I thought all you had to do was drink a s**t load of the stuff, and then go to the hospital...glad i was to young to be doing what you did, when i went there.

PICS PICS PICS

glad your back, the place went to s**t cuz you were gone, we needed a woman to regulate us... :ph34r:
what is screech exactly
scoobasteve,Jul 27 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:what is screech exactly
[right][snapback]125799[/snapback][/right]
a million proof alcohal :D :lol: ;) B)
is it like the swish they talk about on trailer park boys... lol
scoobasteve,Jul 27 2005, 08:19 PM Wrote:is it like the swish they talk about on trailer park boys... lol
[right][snapback]125817[/snapback][/right]

haha yes...go grab a bottle of pure rubbing alcohol, take a swig, and youll get a good idea of what it is
What FociPhil said, ScoobaSteve... it stings a little and it definitely hits you hard. It went throughout my nose! Very powerful...

I should be getting pictures tonight, so I'll upload them tonight.

glad your back, the place went to s**t cuz you were gone, we needed a woman to regulate us
lol... well glad to be back! Happy to hear!
crazikev,Jul 27 2005, 08:16 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]125816[/snapback][/right]

Uh, no. It's a form of Jamaican Rum. Very similar proof and almost the same taste. The newfies thought they would change the name of the s**t and we would all be fooled.
meford4u,Jul 27 2005, 05:45 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Jul 27 2005, 08:16 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]125816[/snapback][/right]

Uh, no. It's a form of Jamaican Rum. Very similar proof and almost the same taste. The newfies thought they would change the name of the s**t and we would all be fooled.
[right][snapback]125850[/snapback][/right]
darn newfies, wheres the copyright laws?
meford4u,Jul 27 2005, 06:45 PM Wrote:Uh, no.  It's a form of Jamaican Rum.  Very similar proof and almost the same taste.  The newfies thought they would change the name of the s**t and we would all be fooled.
[right][snapback]125850[/snapback][/right]

...or what meford said! :lol: