FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Know Nobody Cares But...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 100_0184.jpg]

[Image: 100_0229.jpg]

760.8km on 45L ! :o
WOW!

DOUBLE what I get :P
hardk0re,Jul 26 2005, 10:16 PM Wrote:WOW!

DOUBLE what I get :P
[right][snapback]125588[/snapback][/right]

God bless the SPI. Kay you're gonna have to give some details here:

Ave speed?
City or Hwy? (I'm guessing highway)
Mods (if any)?
Octane level?
Manual or Automatic?
Any big time ICE?
Ave. speed: 80-120 so prolly 100, started driving 90-95 around half when i noticed it was gonna be a record, and after a quarter mostly 88km/h
City or Hwy: 1- 340km trip from Niagara Falls to Apsley, All Hwy, with half the roads 80km, and the other half 100km/h roads
Mods: new windshield
Octane: 84? the cheap synoco
Auto
Any big time ICE: nope
Nice, good to see a fellow SPI owner pulling off what we did last summer.

I think I can still get 700ish or so from most of a tank, and that's before the UDP.
:huh:

You have aTDI? :lol:
I got 640 once.
ANTHONYD,Jul 27 2005, 08:52 AM Wrote:I got 640 once.
[right][snapback]125669[/snapback][/right]

In teh Zetec? wow.

I thought I was golden with my 525 <_<
Flofocus,Jul 27 2005, 08:53 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jul 27 2005, 08:52 AM Wrote:I got 640 once.
[right][snapback]125669[/snapback][/right]

In teh Zetec? wow.

I thought I was golden with my 525 <_<
[right][snapback]125671[/snapback][/right]

I used cruise control just about everywhere I could.
I think my best was 600 ish or a lil bit over but not by much. I guess that's not too bad for a 2.0. In my Audi I could easily get 800k on the hwy at an average of 130k, it actually had a red line on 130 and if I set cruise there the trip computer gave me the best kms to tank distance.... wierd eh
how big was the tank in the audi?
sheesh lol how do you drive 88km/h :P I"m doing that in second :ph34r:

bah... I think svt really stands for Start Violating Throttle :D
here is the best I got

560ish km per 41L
Condition
130-140km non stop up and down the hill to Delaware with AIR on.

Never have touch 600km before.
BrooksZX3,Jul 27 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:sheesh lol how do you drive 88km/h  :P  I"m doing that in second :ph34r:

bah... I think svt really stands for Start Violating Throttle  :D
[right][snapback]125707[/snapback][/right]
traffic on a long road with only 2 lanes helps a lot
The SVT is a HOG on gas, and I'm still breaking it in so fuel economy is an oxymoron to me. :(
I WANNA CRY!!!! i do alot of city driving and i just hit 300km for a tank... mind you i am very heavy footed.
don't feel bad, the only time i see more than 300kms/tank is if i spend more than 40kms on the highway! :rolleyes:

heal-toe shifting is probably the biggest gas mileage killer. i can get an extra 30-40km out of a tank by not heal-toe shifting.
ZX3TUNING,Jul 28 2005, 12:03 AM Wrote:heal-toe shifting is probably the biggest gas mileage killer. i can get an extra 30-40km out of a tank by not heal-toe shifting.
[right][snapback]125910[/snapback][/right]

So that (and the supercharger) is why I have only gotten about 380 max to the tank. I never realized that a few blips of the throttle when downshifting can chew up so much gas.

I am going to have to try that to see if I can save some gas. It's going to be hard to resist the urge to use all three pedals at the same time when braking into a corner. I get as much fun out of braking into a corner with heal-toe downshifting as I do accelerating out of a corner.
Flofocus,Jul 27 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:how big was the tank in the audi?
[right][snapback]125690[/snapback][/right]

70 litres :)

but mind you it also was a quattro so that in turn does use up more fuel. In the city it was not that great but on the HWY damn it was a dream, it was totally geared for HWY driving.

02ztsian

All this talk about km/tank means nothing! The only stat that means anything is mpg or L/100 km. Look, I have been unable to put more than 40 L in a tank ever, probably due to a fault (?) in Ford's design of the fuel fill tube and venting system ( I read this thread
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...ght=fuel+filler
a while back to see if I could find a solution). I don't mean to harsh anyones buzz but so many things play a part in fuel economy that litres per tank is a real ballpark kinda figure. Lets have anyone who posts about fuel economy (good or bad!) show us figures: litres and klicks. Since we are on the subject, does the SPI get better mileage than the Zetec? I seem to get 34 mpg (Imp.) whether or not I drive in the city or on the highway. Wierd.
Pages: 1 2