FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Late 60's Project Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know of a late 60's muscle car (preferably a mustang) thats beat up (not too badly) thats for sale? I am looking for a project car, i've always wanted a muscle car and i've figured if I start out while i'm young I can have a good start for when I settle down. I've been looking around but all I have seen is really really beat up cars, gutted cars or $20,000+ fully restored cars. I am looking for something that needs work but is still in a relatively ok condition. Thanks guys! :)
Don't know of any muscle cars for sale, but a good place to start would be at Street Classics they host a classic car cruise every Saturday evening starting at 5:00 pm at the Canadian Tire Store at 1608 The Queensway at East Mall in Etobicoke South, allways a ton of Mustangs, Camaros and Vettes, about every 2 weeks my brother and I show up as well to show off the Mini's.

Laterz :)
Also try the ones on Wed. night at Mapleview in Brlington. There are always a few cars for sale there too.
Theres a guy down the street that had a sweet 67 camaro in his driveway for sale. He also had a 60's mustang but looked like it needed lots of work.

He lives at the corner of Trim & St. Jospeh in Orleans if you want to go check it out (if your local)
Flofocus,Jul 26 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:Theres a guy down the street that had a sweet 67 camaro in his driveway for sale.   He also had a 60's mustang but looked like it needed lots of work.

He lives at the corner of Trim & St. Jospeh in Orleans if you want to go check it out (if your local)
[right][snapback]125393[/snapback][/right]

:o *Drops Jaw* Is it a SS? RS? Z28? Colour? Engine size? Condition? Do you know what he is asking for it?

That would be my ultimate project car.
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 26 2005, 01:01 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 26 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:Theres a guy down the street that had a sweet 67 camaro in his driveway for sale.   He also had a 60's mustang but looked like it needed lots of work.

[right][snapback]125393[/snapback][/right]

:o *Drops Jaw* Is it a SS? RS? Z28? Colour? Engine size? Condition? Do you know what he is asking for it?

That would be my ultimate project car.
[right][snapback]125398[/snapback][/right]

I have no clue....lol.

Its a beautiful sheet metal color (needs paint job)

He stares at my car and I stare at his cars when I drive by, thats about it.

If you want to know more, I could go and ask more about it....
I would like to know details lol

I've gone to a car cruise up at haugens, north of whitby, nice cars but not much for sale. I didn't know about the cruises listed above, I will definately check them out! Thanks guys, if anyone else has any info dont be shy lol
my uncles friend was selling an old mustang like that, i dunno if hes still selling it though, that was last october i heard about it, ill find out tommorrow if its still avaliable
Thanks crazikev, i'm hoping for good news lol
You Mean a Car Like this :P ??

[Image: 100_0133.jpg]
[Image: 100_0134.jpg]
[Image: 100_0132.jpg]
[Image: 100_0137.jpg]
[Image: 100_0136.jpg]
[Image: 100_0135.jpg]
[Image: 100_0138.jpg]
[Image: 100_0012.jpg]
[Image: 100_0141.jpg]
[Image: 100_0142.jpg]
[Image: 100_0140.jpg]

And HELLO !!!!!
It was in the for sale section for a while last year People !!!!!!
my dad was asking round the $30,000 for it because it's from BC and has no rust, but offer him around the $ 25,000 - $ 20,000 for it and he'll hand you the title for it. But Pm me if you want more of the details.
Frost__2001,Jul 27 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:You Mean a Car Like this  :P ??

And HELLO !!!!!
It was in the for sale section for a while last year People !!!!!!
my dad was asking round the $30,000 for it because it's from BC and has no rust, but offer him around the $ 25,000 - $ 20,000 for it and he'll hand you the title for it. But Pm me if you want more of the details.
[right][snapback]125796[/snapback][/right]

Well I wasn't here last year dude. :P

Looks like a 1965 (maybe 1964-1/2) Ford Mustang. Guessing a 302 (maybe a 289) Small Block V8 with automatic. Probably pushing around 240hp at the wheels? <_<
I think I need to crawl up on the hood and hump the hood scoop.

That car is MINT. And not a showpiece in some fat rich guy's garage.

Very nice.
well I will admit it dose need some work, mainly to the hood for body work, and I know my dad has been working on it for months with the electrical issues it's had ( it eats car batterys ) and I know the bumpers need to be recromed. but it's 85% finished, and no rust other then on the bumpers.

It's a 1966 Mustang coupe, Criuse-o-matic ( Auto ) and has a 289 V8 engine with a few tweeks to it ( well over the 300 hp ), loads of modern upgrades ( ie. the brakes, steering etc.... )
Frost__2001,Jul 27 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:well I will admit it dose need some work, mainly to the hood for body work, and I know my dad has been working on it for months with the electrical issues it's had ( it eats car batterys ) and I know the bumpers need to be recromed. but it's 85% finished, and no rust other then on the bumpers.

It's a 1966 Mustang coupe, Criuse-o-matic ( Auto ) and has a 289 V8 engine with a few tweeks to it ( well over the 300 hp ), loads of modern upgrades ( ie. the brakes, steering etc.... )
[right][snapback]125841[/snapback][/right]

I noticed though that it was the standard dash (ripped from the Falcon as is) and not the dual cowl one and unless I miss my guess that tach is an add on right?

As to the electrical gremlins, lemme see if my dad remembers what he did to tackle that on his '67 sedan at the time (T'was but the 200cid 6 cylinder, still sounded mean though :P )

NefCanuck
Okay, so hears the deal

This guy MIGHT still be selling it or it has sold within the past couple of months , thats the part i dont know

The car is a 66-68 Mustang(dont know which one) but it is not a fastback

The guys name is Dave, and he works at Bill Perrin Motors in Beamsville (905) 563-8218. Thats his work #.

I believe his asking price is around the $8,000 range(but im not sure)

LOL, um i wish i could got some better sources, i talked to my aunt because my uncle is gone, but he will be back in a couple weeks if ya want some better details <_<
Cool, i'll guess I will be waiting a few weeks then lol

Frost: Thats a nice stang but that is too finished for me (complete opposite of what most people say lol) i'm looking for something thats near 45-50% done and needs work. I was hoping for around or under 5 grand, a decent body and good frame, the others are fixable without too much money invested.
sorry, it has been sold
I'll admit this to you Random hero, with the price your looking to spend, ( ie. 4g - 6g ) all you'll get is a rotted out shell with a motor ( if it comes with one ) that will not be running. Really In Ontario to find a Vintage Mustang for that price, you'll be lucky if you get anything other then something that will cost you more then what the car will be worth in the long run.
am I alone in wanting an old school T-bird convertable?

[Image: Jim%20Chesley's%2055%20T-Bird.jpg]

pimp
Go to Kelowna BC, Nass................ I saw 2 of them for sale needing minor work going for 10g. Minor for BC meaning need interior work, a windshield, and a top and some body work, by Ontario standards.
Pages: 1 2