FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Bout Selling The Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys, was just wondering what all of u think bout this,
i'm thinking bout selling the focus and gettin a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX turbo.
i'm thinkin bout selling the focus for bout $12,500. you guys think that's too much?

its an 03 , fully loaded with power everything, sunroof, its been lowered, got the TYC taillights, custom exhaust, short shifter, intake. The only thing is that it has bout 87,000 kms on it, but 95% of it is ALL highway

what do u think??? too much or what...............???
Not that the Focus is the best car in the world, but going from the Focus to a Mitsu is a step down IMO. That car company has a lot to learn in terms of quality of product they sell. They are not the safest automoblie maker in the world either. I would never recommend a Mitsu to anyone. As far as the price goes, check autotrader.ca
Get a new 2006 Eclipse////they are stinkin hott!!!

But really...mitsu sucks!! stick with the focus or pick something that isnt a mitsubishi
Gotta love DSM LOL You will end up with more problems then anything in the end. I got a few buddies with DSMs and there always fixing something.

Either way Im a huge fan of older DSM's. Lazers, Talons. All the 1g and anything with the TD05 turbo.

PS. The 2006 Eclipse had break recalls the 1st week they came out.
meford4u,Jul 25 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:Not that the Focus is the best car in the world, but going from the Focus to a Mitsu is a step down IMO.  That car company has a lot to learn in terms of quality of product they sell.  They are not the safest automoblie maker in the world either.  I would never recommend a Mitsu to anyone.  As far as the price goes, check autotrader.ca
[right][snapback]125112[/snapback][/right]

I truly wish people would stop talking out of their ass on this site. It's unbelievable how much misinformation there is here. Have you ever owned a Mitsubishi? Or are you going by what every other internet parrot says?

I've owned two turbo talons -- 1G, and 2G, and a mitsubishi galant. I like to think I'm qualified enough to give an opinion. Any modified car will have reliability problems if its not done right, and beaten to s**t -- which unfortunately -- most DSMs are.

Stock for stock, the mitsubishi will win over the focus in EVERY SINGLE QUALITY -- reliability, fit and finish, performance, resale value, handling, features, aftermarket support, all except interior appearance -- i think the Focus takes that hands down.

If you have a chance to get a CLEAN UNMODIFIED UNMOLESTED eclipse -- I STRONGLY recommend jumping on the deal because there are very few left that are in desirable condition.
Fingers,Jul 25 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jul 25 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:Not that the Focus is the best car in the world, but going from the Focus to a Mitsu is a step down IMO.  That car company has a lot to learn in terms of quality of product they sell.  They are not the safest automoblie maker in the world either.  I would never recommend a Mitsu to anyone.  As far as the price goes, check autotrader.ca

I truly wish people would stop talking out of their ass on this site. It's unbelievable how much misinformation there is here. Have you ever owned a Mitsubishi? Or are you going by what every other internet parrot says?

I've owned two turbo talons -- 1G, and 2G, and a mitsubishi galant. I like to think I'm qualified enough to give an opinion. Any modified car will have reliability problems if its not done right, and beaten to s**t -- which unfortunately -- most DSMs are.

Stock for stock, the mitsubishi will win over the focus in EVERY SINGLE QUALITY -- reliability, fit and finish, performance, resale value, handling, features, aftermarket support, all except interior appearance -- i think the Focus takes that hands down.

If you have a chance to get a CLEAN UNMODIFIED UNMOLESTED eclipse -- I STRONGLY recommend jumping on the deal because there are very few left that are in desirable condition.
[right][snapback]125145[/snapback][/right]

Wow....2 Talons and a Galant!!! :blink:

I BOW DOWN AT YOUR FEET OH GREAT DSM WARRIOR! PLEASE SHOW ME THE ERROR OF MY WAYS AND REDIRECT ME TO GREATNESS!!!
if you can get almost 13k for your car and can find a mint turbo dsm.. i say go for it
LMAO!!!!!!! :rofl:

Your studying to be an engineer? :huh: :lol:

Noticed how meford said IMO. You know what that stands for heh? ;) Just like you just gave yours.

You gotta start laying back on the attitude. ;)

You to bunnyboy. :o

B)

SDPZX3,Jul 25 2005, 05:31 PM Wrote:hey guys, was just wondering what all of u think bout this,
i'm thinking bout selling the focus and gettin a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX turbo.
i'm thinkin bout selling the focus for bout $12,500.  you guys think that's too much?

its an 03 , fully loaded with power everything, sunroof, its been lowered, got the TYC taillights, custom exhaust, short shifter, intake. The only thing is that it has bout 87,000 kms on it, but 95% of it is ALL highway

what do u think???  too much or what...............???
[right][snapback]125111[/snapback][/right]

03 Focus with that much mileage you're probably looking at 10g's max, just remember the fact that Ford is practically giving away there cars with incentives and employee discounts means that the resale value of your Focus is going to be lower.

As for the 99 Mitsu like everyone has said so far if you can find a unmolested example that is for sale jump on it otherwise look elsewhere.

Laterz :)
Damaged
Since
Manufacture

Driver
Slash
Mechanic

Needless to say, damn near all of my friends own a DSM... some have luck and some don't. It's just a pick from the hat. I love them and they can become unbelieveably fast. So just pick what you want and make yourself happy.

PS- AWD IS FUN!!!!
a buddy used to have one....never heard nothing bad about it..and it was fast as hell
Fingers,Jul 25 2005, 11:52 PM Wrote:

Wow, you jump on me for giving my opinion, but your last statement agrees with what I said? Let me restate what you said. "There are very few left that are in desirable condition." That says it all.
I think i might be a little more qualified than some as I work in the auto industry. Not the most qualified, but I make a point of checking out the competition.. And this car , in fact, was one that my son took an interest in before he bought the Focus. We took 2 for a test drive. Why 2? The first one overheated after 10 minutes and we had to walk back to the dealer. Brand new. Nice.

You have your experiences and I have mine. The Mitsu dealer in town, is a crook. Flat out crook.

Now, maybe if we can get you to take your Fingers out of your ass long enough to understand that I was giving my opinion from personal experience, then you could add to the conversation.

We make alot of fun of the Focus, but it won car of the year for what, 6 years running. I didn't see any Mitsu products accomplish that. Or am i missing a finger?
meford4u,Jul 26 2005, 12:47 AM Wrote:
Fingers,Jul 25 2005, 11:52 PM Wrote:

Wow, you jump on me for giving my opinion, but your last statement agrees with what I said? Let me restate what you said. "There are very few left that are in desirable condition." That says it all.
I think i might be a little more qualified than some as I work in the auto industry. Not the most qualified, but I make a point of checking out the competition.. And this car , in fact, was one that my son took an interest in before he bought the Focus. We took 2 for a test drive. Why 2? The first one overheated after 10 minutes and we had to walk back to the dealer. Brand new. Nice.

You have your experiences and I have mine. The Mitsu dealer in town, is a crook. Flat out crook.

Now, maybe if we can get you to take your Fingers out of your ass long enough to understand that I was giving my opinion from personal experience, then you could add to the conversation.

We make alot of fun of the Focus, but it won car of the year for what, 6 years running. I didn't see any Mitsu products accomplish that. Or am i missing a finger?
[right][snapback]125258[/snapback][/right]

Nicely said.
The auto week forums are giving this car grief as well.MISTSU CRAP

Agood place for info.

MISTSU SUCKS.

Apparently these cars are notorious for rim problems.....

ECLIPS RIMS.

This was all 30 seconds worth of searching.... there are a plethora of Mitsu problem sites out there.

(As well as a whack of them for the Focus.)
microbunny,Jul 25 2005, 09:05 PM Wrote:

Wow....2 Talons and a Galant!!! :blink:

I BOW DOWN AT YOUR FEET OH GREAT DSM WARRIOR! PLEASE SHOW ME THE ERROR OF MY WAYS AND REDIRECT ME TO GREATNESS!!!

[right][snapback]125168[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

haha, one of my buddies has a talon that was driven by his aunt . 92... 5spd.

110km...

within 2 weeks of his ownership..

alternator = fried.

starter motor = dead

timing belt... snapped

sounds reliable to me... or do we reallly wanna go into all of the chrysler mitsubishi problems of the early 90s...

like the

3.0v6 :lol:
Flofocus,Jul 25 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:Your studying to be an engineer?  :huh:  :lol:

Noticed how meford said IMO.  You know what that stands for heh? ;)  Just like you just gave yours.

You gotta start laying back on the attitude.  ;)

You to bunnyboy. :o

B)
[right][snapback]125217[/snapback][/right]

Start laying back on the attitude? Okay, I'll ease off...I was gonna call you a monkey-faced cock-suckin mother-fuk but, I'll lay off!!

See, I can cooperate :)
:lol:

bunny, you so cray-zay!
FociPhil,Jul 26 2005, 06:54 PM Wrote::lol:

bunny, you so cray-zay!
[right][snapback]125518[/snapback][/right]

Phil, you're allllrigght
drama drama drama... Where's my tub of ice cream and box of kleenex.
Pages: 1 2