FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zonealarm, Is It Any Good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this program any good? my brother wants to buy it.
Run the free version, it's not worth paying for the "extras".
zone alarm is the shizzy... there's other stuff like black ice and all that, but zone alarm seems to be one of the more popular ones and it works well enough.

the free firewall is probably no better than window's built in firewall with SP2 tho..
darkpuppet,Jul 25 2005, 06:11 PM Wrote:zone alarm is the shizzy... there's other stuff like black ice and all that, but zone alarm seems to be one of the more popular ones and it works well enough.

the free firewall is probably no better than window's built in firewall with SP2 tho..
[right][snapback]125089[/snapback][/right]

My bro wants the whole thing and it's like 120 bucks or something i think he is nuts.
Garbage!
ZX3TUNR,Jul 25 2005, 07:48 PM Wrote:Garbage!
[right][snapback]125143[/snapback][/right]

What do you suggest?
Kool_ZX3,Jul 25 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:Is this program any good? my brother wants to buy it.
[right][snapback]125063[/snapback][/right]

I had major hassles with Zone Alarm way back (Version 4) that turned me off te product bigtime. I suggest Norton Firewall (I'm running 2005). It behaves nicely and doesn't get in your way unless it has to.

NefCanuck
Black Ice.
if you have DSL with PPPoE... have fun with zonealarm. if you have DSL with DHCP or cable... you're fine

definatly suggest mcafee and spybot...
or... AVG... smallest fotprint of em all.. and it's free
The free version of Zone Alarm is good, just don't waste 120$ for the full kit.