FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Latest Edition To My Wagon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a couple of pics of my latest edition to the wagon:

[Image: FocusPowerPlant-0001.jpg]

[Image: FocusPowerPlant-0003.jpg]

Pick this unit up for $250.00 on clearance about a month back. Similar units from Honda run around $1,000.00, so I figured it was a pretty good deal. A friend of mine pitched in with the trailer hitch attachment.

Portable power wherever I go, without stinking up the car.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Nice, but be careful: you've done something USEFUL that might be outside the realm of thought for some of the users here. The only way you'll get away with it is because it's on a Focus. Maybe a F-150 would pass muster.

Nice mod man! I like it a lot!
imack,May 25 2009, 08:04 PM Wrote:Here's a couple of pics of my latest edition to the wagon:
Pick this unit up for $250.00 on clearance about a month back.  Similar units from Honda run around $1,000.00, so I figured it was a pretty good deal.  A friend of mine pitched in with the trailer hitch attachment.

Portable power wherever I go, without stinking up the car.

Ivan MacKenzie.
[right][snapback]288016[/snapback][/right]

Cool ... so that's what ... a buck a watt? Good deal - just don't forget you've got it attached backing into a parking spot.
I'm not sure I understand the logic behind this but cool I guess. Do you drive around with that thing on?
oh wow.. seeing your wagon brings back memories.. a street edition wagon was my first focus :D
yaa so anymore explaination on what it is? Is it a generator?
ZX3_2NV,May 26 2009, 09:12 AM Wrote:yaa so anymore explaination on what it is? Is it a generator?
[right][snapback]288067[/snapback][/right]

Looks like one of those 250 watt portable gas powered generators ... probably using it as a remote 120 volt power source for one of these.
Nice chute!
ZTWsquared,May 26 2009, 10:40 AM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,May 26 2009, 09:12 AM Wrote:yaa so anymore explaination on what it is? Is it a generator?
[right][snapback]288067[/snapback][/right]

Looks like one of those 250 watt portable gas powered generators ... probably using it as a remote 120 volt power source for one of these.
[right][snapback]288094[/snapback][/right]
950W actually, Ken. And we use it to recharge the battery packs for our electric- powered RC airplanes.

Ivan MacKenzie.
NOW it makes sense :)
cant someone just grab that suit case thingy and walk off with it? wouldnt it be better to have it inside your trunk or something and only take it out when you need it? not sure why youd want that thing sticking out of the back of your car 24/7 but to each was own, and im not arguing, just sayign its unique and cool, never seen that suit case looking thing before ,but if it serves its purpsose all the best to ya :)
imack,May 26 2009, 01:10 PM Wrote:950W actually, Ken.  And we use it to recharge the battery packs for our electric- powered RC airplanes.

Ivan MacKenzie.
[right][snapback]288102[/snapback][/right]

That's a great idea and an excellent use of the trailer hitch ... I always hated carrying anything with a gas tank inside the wagon.
That's a wicked idea. I'm hopefully mounting a large DC-AC inverter under the hood this summer, so that the truck becomes a large genset with a 65L tank. :D