FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Breaking The Straps On A Dyno
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's friggin awesome. I hope the car wasn't damaged at all.
That's gotta be one powerfull big block. I bet the guy sitting in the car was just shitting his pants when it started to take off
word was the straps were on a part of the exhaust and it melted them.
lets see the sheet
Yow, the dude behind the wheel is one cool cat to be able to slam on the brakes fast enough to save it from launching like a catapult :blink:

NefCanuck
(If that's how a dyno is set up, I dunno if I wanna do a run at the dyno day :ph34r: )
wow, the concentration of rednecks there is pretty outstanding!
i've never seen so many tough-guy shirts and nascar hats! ;)

oh no wait, yes i have, last weekend at the Mustang round up in washington state last week!
ZX3TUNING,Jul 25 2005, 12:37 AM Wrote:wow, the concentration of rednecks there is pretty outstanding!

oh no wait, yes i have, last weekend at the Mustang round up in washington state last week!
[right][snapback]124877[/snapback][/right]
when was the mustang round up in washington?
HEY COOTER!!!!! BILLY JUST DONE BROKE DEM STRAPS!!!!! YEE HAW.

(HEY MA! GET OFF THE DANG ROOF)
thats one reason why i would never trust a roll-on dyno....too mickey mouse...not to mention you are 5' off the ground

i highly doubt it was the HP that broke the straps...
ANTHONYD,Jul 25 2005, 08:32 AM Wrote:HEY COOTER!!!!! BILLY JUST DONE BROKE DEM STRAPS!!!!! YEE HAW.

(HEY MA! GET OFF THE DANG ROOF)
[right][snapback]124909[/snapback][/right]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hah.. impressive reaction on the brakes though, lucky guy saved himself a lot of damage on a drop like that!
Damage? He thought he saw the weiner cart turn over... and then stopped himself when he saw they were tofu weiners. :rofl:
Damn lucky he was quick on the brakes
ANTHONYD,Jul 25 2005, 07:32 AM Wrote:HEY COOTER!!!!! BILLY JUST DONE BROKE DEM STRAPS!!!!! YEE HAW.

[right][snapback]124909[/snapback][/right]
now thats comedy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CheckMyVitals,Jul 25 2005, 12:05 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNING,Jul 25 2005, 12:37 AM Wrote:wow, the concentration of rednecks there is pretty outstanding!

[right][snapback]124890[/snapback][/right]

last weekend july 15-17th
i won 1st place in the "people choice" show on sunday! :)
some bone stock SVT with white wheels, an intake and a white pinstripe took 3rd in the Focus Class when she should have been in the "other"-SVT class... :huh:
ZX3TUNING,Jul 26 2005, 12:12 AM Wrote:
CheckMyVitals,Jul 25 2005, 12:05 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]124890[/snapback][/right]

last weekend july 15-17th
i won 1st place in the "people choice" show on sunday! :)
some bone stock SVT with white wheels, an intake and a white pinstripe took 3rd in the Focus Class when she should have been in the "other"-SVT class... :huh:
[right][snapback]125262[/snapback][/right]
foci and mustang. pics are a must :lol: . linky?

and please tell me you're not surprised you one first... i've been doing various desktop photoshops of your car for a month now... it's soooooo friggin nice
NefCanuck,Jul 24 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:(If that's how a dyno is set up, I dunno if I wanna do a run at the dyno day  :ph34r: )
[right][snapback]124834[/snapback][/right]

well the truth is that the reason we need ten guys is not only for the price break, but so we can hold the cars back... everyone gets their own rope :P
BrooksZX3,Jul 26 2005, 08:44 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 24 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:(If that's how a dyno is set up, I dunno if I wanna do a run at the dyno day  :ph34r: )
[right][snapback]124834[/snapback][/right]

well the truth is that the reason we need ten guys is not only for the price break, but so we can hold the cars back... everyone gets their own rope :P
[right][snapback]125305[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: If you see me, you'll know I'd be absolutely useless trying to hold a rope to which a car was attached :rolleyes:

Damn I hate not knowing whether I'm free to hit the dyno day or not... family can be a huge PITA (I can snowjob ladyfriend but if the 'rents are insistent I'm sunk <_< )

NefCanuck
CheckMyVitals,Jul 25 2005, 11:49 PM Wrote:foci and mustang. pics are a must  :lol: . linky?

and please tell me you're not surprised you one first... i've been doing various desktop photoshops of your car for a month now... it's soooooo friggin nice
[right][snapback]125277[/snapback][/right]

there are pics and post event discussion here: http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...&page=0&fpart=1

i just was there to shmooze with potential customers, winning anything wasn't a concern of mine, my car is not a show car anyways. i built it to drive, not rub with a lint-free towel and bake in the sun in a parking lot with tons of other cars. ;)

that being said, i would have been surprized of mostly stock focus' managed to take first over me.... but at a mustang show and being "Peoples Choice".... you never know. the blue SVT with white wheels won last year over timmy@bishop's euro Focus and jeff@bishops Steeda Focus..... :huh: :blink: :huh: :blink:

:iono: