FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Machinist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I picked up the machinist and Constantine on DVD yesterday... I have to say that The Machinist is one of the more disturbing movies I've seen in a while..

the trailer is here, but the movie is hard to watch in person if your squeemish... the extremes that christian bale went through for this movie is insane... but it was totally worth it.

and one of the few movies with a plausible ending that I couldn't figure out ahead of time...just thinking how someone can be a prisoner to their own mind like this is insane.

oh, and Constantine was pretty good.. not quite the action movie I had hoped for, a bit more preachy than truly fulfiling it's potential, but a fun movie to watch.
Thanks for the advise. Gonna rent the Machinist tonite
Yup, they were both quite good for their genres. I really enjoyed The Machinist, especially after having watched Batman Begins first.
The machinest is good. Constantine sucked ass it was more like a stupid kid movie and the holy brace knuckles common i was wondering when Monty Python was going to come in with the holy handgrenade.
somebody say Monty Python??? where where?

and there was much rejoicing :D
yeah supsoidly for the role in the machiniest, Christian bale starved himself, and all he did was cardio all day, and then go on a liquid diet once all his mass was gone. Doctors ordered him to stop, but he wanted to keep going...

thats messed, awsome movie tho...
crazikev,Jul 24 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:somebody say Monty Python??? where where?

and there was much rejoicing :D
[right][snapback]124745[/snapback][/right]

and now for something completely different.....