FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Power Windows Kit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've thought about this for a long time, and I think now after 3 yrs I want power windows. It's a pain in the ass leaning over to close up your window when you're going on the hwy or when there are people will an ill favoured look around... Anyone know of a particularly cost effective kit that's out there? Only need it for 2 doors.

I saw this one back when I was considering the conversion.. anyone know of a company/supplier in Canada that makes something similar?

Linky
Raine,Jul 22 2005, 05:04 AM Wrote:I've thought about this for a long time, and I think now after 3 yrs I want power windows. It's a pain in the ass leaning over to close up your window when you're going on the hwy or when there are people will an ill favoured look around... Anyone know of a particularly cost effective kit that's out there? Only need it for 2 doors.

I saw this one back when I was considering the conversion.. anyone know of a company/supplier in Canada that makes something similar?

Linky
[right][snapback]124398[/snapback][/right]

would it be possible or feasible so goto the junkers and find a wrecked power window foci and repo the assembly? all doors should have mounting spots for the rails and motor..... might wanna consider that and I can assume it'll be way cheaper than a kit.
nass,Jul 22 2005, 09:43 AM Wrote:
Raine,Jul 22 2005, 05:04 AM Wrote:I've thought about this for a long time, and I think now after 3 yrs I want power windows. It's a pain in the ass leaning over to close up your window when you're going on the hwy or when there are people will an ill favoured look around... Anyone know of a particularly cost effective kit that's out there? Only need it for 2 doors.

Linky
[right][snapback]124398[/snapback][/right]

would it be possible or feasible so goto the junkers and find a wrecked power window foci and repo the assembly? all doors should have mounting spots for the rails and motor..... might wanna consider that and I can assume it'll be way cheaper than a kit.
[right][snapback]124442[/snapback][/right]

I would find a doner car.

How about that guythat wrote his sedan off a while ago. I think he was from Windsor.
My only issue with going OEM is the fact that I dunno how to do the wiring for it. I'd obviously much rather get Ford parts because they'd be easier to mount and whatnot... if someone could help me figure out the wiring then I'll bug David (laidman, who wrote off his sedan) for the parts.
What would be required from a donar car?
go the ebay and search for "spal", cost about $100US.
Focus Is Art,Jul 22 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:go the ebay and search for "spal", cost about $100US.
[right][snapback]124466[/snapback][/right]

More than the Spal I like the Autoloc kits on ebay. Those are easy to install, and the price isn't excessive. I'm sure going with OEM parts would be easier tho..

Nate, you'd need the motors, mounting brackets, belts (if motors are belt driven), wiring inside the car and inside the door, switches (3, 2 for drivers side 1 for passenger)
Raine,Jul 22 2005, 01:14 PM Wrote:wiring inside the car and inside the door, switches (3, 2 for drivers side 1 for passenger)
[right][snapback]124480[/snapback][/right]
to save all that trouble you could wire in 2, 3 position toggle switches and mount them on the center console, kinda like some import cars. that will save you a ton of wiring inside the door.
hey al... talk to richard. i think he has the entire focus service manual on dvd.. he might be able to help you with some diagrams.
my dad's added power windows and locks to cars that never had them before all the time. all you need is the motors for both windows, both door pannels, and the plastic area for the power window switches to go into, but if it's for a ZX3 you'd need the power buttons for the drivers side with the 2 switches and the lower cap for the rear doors that are not there.