FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Porcupine:1, Pitbull:0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
poor dog..

[Image: pitbull_porcupine.jpg]
i think he learned his lesson

looks like he was trying to munch on the porcupine carpet
someone doesnt know when enough is enough :P
OWNED!
[Image: porcupwned.jpg]
That actually looks like an English Bullterrier :P

Pulling those things out of dog's noses is sad and disturbing. <_<
That looks horrifically painful... poor dog.. but once his acupuncture session is over, he can go at it again... the porcupine is probably out of ammo
Raine,Jul 22 2005, 12:56 AM Wrote:That looks horrifically painful... poor dog.. but once his acupuncture session is over, he can go at it again... the porcupine is probably out of ammo
[right][snapback]124393[/snapback][/right]

^^^^^

BWAHAHAHA SO TRUE.
ouch for sure... my friend just told me his dogg had a fight with a prickapine this week... dog has to go in for surgery on saturday to have the rest remaining needles removed. Apparently if you leave them they continue to go deeper into you... freaky little weapon they have there. Poor pooch :(
The trouble is, if ou try to remove them, the tips break off.
HAHAHAHA, just got back from up north, i saw some dead road killed porkupine with blood and guts all over the place and behind it at the side of the road was a billboard for an animal hospital, i so wish i had my camera on that trip
:lol: its a Chia-pet :rofl:
poor dog... :(
what a stupid owner for letting it happen
Wow. Make's you wonder if its still alive.
I think the porcupine is dead and behind all those quills, the dog is actually smiling.
poor puppy :(
ANTHONYD,Jul 22 2005, 08:53 AM Wrote:The trouble is, if ou try to remove them, the tips break off.
[right][snapback]124429[/snapback][/right]

You have to cut them in half to let out the air in them.

The needles are hollow and once you cut them in half and release the air in them, they actually shrink and are easiers to pull out.

My old Husky (RIP) was attacked a few times by porcupines. We never went to the vet to remove them, just got some rubbing alcohol, wire cutters and some good needle nose pliers. B) I'm pretty sure thats a fake pic, everytime the dog was attacked, he had no more than 10-15 quilts in his nose/mouth/face.

I rememeber he had one that went threw the bottom of his jaw and into the bottom of his tongue, Ouch! :o :ph34r:
Flofocus,Jul 25 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jul 22 2005, 08:53 AM Wrote:The trouble is, if ou try to remove them, the tips break off.
[right][snapback]124429[/snapback][/right]

You have to cut them in half to let out the air in them.

The needles are hollow and once you cut them in half and release the air in them, they actually shrink and are easiers to pull out.

My old Husky (RIP) was attacked a few times by porcupines. We never went to the vet to remove them, just got some rubbing alcohol, wire cutters and some good needle nose pliers. B) I'm pretty sure thats a fake pic, everytime the dog was attacked, he had no more than 10-15 quilts in his nose/mouth/face.

I rememeber he had one that went threw the bottom of his jaw and into the bottom of his tongue, Ouch! :o :ph34r:
[right][snapback]124921[/snapback][/right]

Yea I don't think the dog would be standing, it would be trying to bite the quills out.
Flofocus,Jul 25 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:You have to cut them in half to let out the air in them.

most veterinary sites I checked out say you don't have to let the air out of the quills, just to grab as close to the tip as possible and yank.

other porcupine myths:
the quills are barbed - no they're not, they have microscopic scales that will cause quill migration.
porcupines can shoot their quills - no they can't
darkpuppet,Jul 25 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 25 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:You have to cut them in half to let out the air in them.

most veterinary sites I checked out say you don't have to let the air out of the quills, just to grab as close to the tip as possible and yank.

other porcupine myths:
the quills are barbed - no they're not, they have microscopic scales that will cause quill migration.
porcupines can shoot their quills - no they can't
[right][snapback]124949[/snapback][/right]

Other Dog myths:

Dogs are smart.
Pages: 1 2