FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Switchin Wheels/rims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know where i can get my old tires switched to my new rims, they are 17's with low pro tires. Everywhere i go either can't do it cus they don't have the right machine, or they want an arm and a leg. I know of a place that will do it and balance them for 75$ but they are closed till august.

anyone got any ideas?
My Ford dealership ususally charges about $13/wheel for balance and tire install. :huh:
Canadian Tire, $10 each and some of them have the machine to do low-pro, jsut gotta find one that does.
Flofocus,Jul 20 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:My Ford dealership ususally charges about $13/wheel for balance and tire install.  :huh:
[right][snapback]123733[/snapback][/right]

I can second that!
NEVER let ford touch your tires... I just Noticed today that one of my tire's are backwards... IT says this side in... And I can see it.... dam ford.
Mason,Jul 20 2005, 10:52 AM Wrote:NEVER let ford touch your tires... I just Noticed today that one of my tire's are backwards... IT says this side in... And I can see it.... dam ford.
[right][snapback]123739[/snapback][/right]

lol, you wont have better luck at Canadian Tire. ;)

You just have to find the right dealership, once you do, yur golden. B)
This pissed me right off this morning... And im not going to ford for this... Its a 30 min drive to my dealership.

Ill go get it fixed after work.
Mason,Jul 20 2005, 10:57 AM Wrote:This pissed me right off this morning... And im not going to ford for this... Its a 30 min drive to my dealership.

Ill go get it fixed after work.
[right][snapback]123747[/snapback][/right]

It would piss me off to.

I went to a tire place to have them rotate my tires real quick cuz they were making really loud noises...Came back, looked at the car. Went back into the shop.

"Ummmm, You guys see the 'Rotation' arrows? Thats the way the tires are suppose to go"

"Oh s**t, Khumos are directional tires? "

:rolleyes:

Oh man.
Mason,Jul 20 2005, 02:52 PM Wrote:NEVER let ford touch your tires... I just Noticed today that one of my tire's are backwards... IT says this side in... And I can see it.... dam ford.
[right][snapback]123739[/snapback][/right]

well most dealerships have co-op students and whatnot working there for credits... some kids know what they are doing others well they put tires on backwards. A good owner would ask to see if they can watch them work on the car, if not I would consider taking it somewhere where they let you. I don't believe in that insurance bullcrap they tell you. and before you pay for the car look at it that work that was done etc... after you check it out then pay. If the garage has a problem with that then go elsewhere.
Try Main West Firestone/Bullas Automotive in west Hamilton...they don't charge very much, and they do a good job...