FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlight Warranty Upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The seal on my drivers side headlight is shot and ford is replacing it under warranty. The cot of the Headlight is $700 + for one. What im wondering is, if i pay the difference, can they upgrade both my headlights to either the MACH HIDS or the Hella Projector lights. Both of those headlights are avaliable through Ford Racing Performance Parts catalogue. Anybody got an idea if it can be done? im gonna go to the dealer when i get off work and see if they can do it anyway but jsut wondering if someone here has done it before.

btw, i gues there is a TSB to replace any focus headlights that have a shot seal on them
They won't. Because they have to send the faulty light back to Ford to be re-embursed.

If you want HID's you gotta pay for them outright.
Besides.... are the mach HIDS not available in Canada now???
Sorry.
worth a shot.
ill give them old headlight, ill give them both, thats $1400!!
i figure they wont do it.
im gonna talk to my uncle whos a service manager up north...see what he says.
just checked with my uncle, defective parts must be replaced with OEM parts.
They say the stock headlight is $700? That cant be true.. when I had mine replaced (because the seals on both of them went) I think they were way less than that. Hell, even the HIDs were only $330 each when I got them (before the price jump).
guilty,Jul 20 2005, 02:56 PM Wrote:They say the stock headlight is $700?  That cant be true.. when I had mine replaced (because the seals on both of them went) I think they were way less than that.  Hell, even the HIDs were only $330 each when I got them (before the price jump).
[right][snapback]123885[/snapback][/right]
thats what the lady told me, it was $700+ for the headlight, so they were gonna try and reseal it first. when i went to pick up the car, she said that there was a TSB for it and that they would replace it instead.
i gotta brign it back in tomorow
$700.00? Holy crap. I'd hit e-bay or a wrecker.
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 20 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:$700.00?  Holy crap.  I'd hit e-bay or a wrecker.
[right][snapback]123920[/snapback][/right]

Or go see meford4u who has a set for sale.

$200.00

And you guys were saying he was asking to much :rolleyes:
mines under warranty
if i had to replace them, itd be HELLA all the way
maybe MACH HID if i have the cash
Flofocus,Jul 20 2005, 03:51 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 20 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:$700.00?  Holy crap.  I'd hit e-bay or a wrecker.

$200.00

[right][snapback]123924[/snapback][/right]

Who's laughing now??? :lol:
guilty,Jul 20 2005, 02:56 PM Wrote:They say the stock headlight is $700?  That cant be true.. when I had mine replaced (because the seals on both of them went) I think they were way less than that.  Hell, even the HIDs were only $330 each when I got them (before the price jump).
[right][snapback]123885[/snapback][/right]

Damn!!! That was a steal!
ANTHONYD,Jul 20 2005, 08:09 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 20 2005, 03:51 PM Wrote:

$200.00

[right][snapback]123924[/snapback][/right]

Who's laughing now??? :lol:
[right][snapback]123930[/snapback][/right]

I don't know if I am or the guy who bought them for $100. That's what I was asking. I think he made out pretty good.
oops, my bad.

$100 it was!