FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Haven't Posted Pictures Here For A Long Time...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You have serious talent.

What do you use for gear? (camera, lenses, filters, etc)
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 20 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:You have serious talent.

What do you use for gear? (camera, lenses, filters, etc)
[right][snapback]123838[/snapback][/right]

Well, primarily I use a Canon 300D. I have the 18-55, and a 75-300. I have the vertical grip for it as well. An assortment of filters, macro attachment, fisheye attachment, tripods, monopods, etc. I also have the firmware hacked so it has the same features as the 10D, with a few hardware limitations.

I also keep a couple smaller "point and shoot" cameras around, just in case. All digital. And when it's time to break out the film, I use an old skool Olympus OM-1. Also have a wide range of lenses and accessories for that camera. Nothing beats the original trendsetter! :lol:
nice pictures man... photography's just another one of those things I wish I had more time for.
nice pics, wish mine looked that good
Davan. Seriosly after seeing some of your pictures from a while ago posted on the Calgary Focus site site I really took an interest in photos.
Here are some new photos taken last week while i was in BC

[Image: pillarlakesunset.jpg]

[Image: daisy.jpg]

didn't have my long lens handy when these guys went cruising by. also didn't have the tripod. :(
[Image: fishingfamily.jpg]

on a hike up to Margaret Falls:
[Image: mfallsbridge.jpg]

[Image: mfallslogs.jpg]

[Image: mfallstrunk.jpg]

[Image: daisyfern.jpg]

[Image: plantweb.jpg]

And the mountain shots... all taken out the window of the car I was in.
[Image: mountains1.jpg]

[Image: mountains2.jpg]

[Image: mountains3.jpg]

[Image: mountaintrain.jpg]
Once again, great pics Daven. You have quite the eye.
REALLY good stuff!

For the rest of you, improving your picture taking it not as hard as you think, is free and works with any camera and camera user.

Once my brother got me hooked on the rule of thirds" mine have been much better.

I think SVT Davan should give us a lesson on it? It's hard for me to explain but makes a huge difference.

omg, what awsome pics, i thought i took some good ones, but your bad ones put my good ones to shame.
How do you get the water to get that effect? Is it like a time lapse or something?
i gotta buy a tripod :)
Yeah, the water pics were taken with 2+ second shutter times. A tripod is the very next thing a person should buy, before additional memory, before additional lenses, before filters.

Thanks for all the comments everyone! :)
2001 ZTS,Aug 3 2005, 08:07 PM Wrote:REALLY good stuff!

For the rest of you, improving your picture taking it not as hard as you think, is free and works with any camera and camera user.

Once my brother got me hooked on the rule of thirds" mine have been much better.

I think SVT Davan should give us a lesson on it? It's hard for me to explain but makes a huge difference.
[right][snapback]127693[/snapback][/right]

the rule of thirds basically helps eliminate the most basic mistake of people not looking at the whole frame, but just the subject (or Tiny Subject™ syndrome).

Quote:Imaginary lines are drawn dividing the image into thirds both horizontally and vertically. You place important elements of your composition where these lines intersect

As well as using the intersections you can arrange areas into bands occupying a third or place things along the imaginary lines. 

ie.
Good places to put things; third of the way up, third of the way in from the left , you get the idea. Bad places to put things include right in the middle, right at the top, right at the bottom, away in the corner.
sic :)
Madd Tyte
whats the trick to do long shutter speeds like 1+sewconds and keep the pictures with the same brightness like yours? Whenever i do long shutter speed my pictures always turn out way to bright and yo can't ever see anything. Unless they are at night
MAN, so you were one of those guys at the side of the road blasting pics and carrying a tripod, i wish we had more time to stop and take pics but i was wedged in the ass end of a tahoe with baggage, i'll put up some pics. Most of my pics are coming and going from calgary to vernon to kelowna and back to calgary, and some racing pics
crazikev,Aug 4 2005, 02:22 PM Wrote:whats the trick to do long shutter speeds like 1+sewconds and keep the pictures with the same brightness like yours? Whenever i do long shutter speed my pictures always turn out way to bright and yo can't ever see anything. Unless they are at night
[right][snapback]128034[/snapback][/right]

when increasing the exposure, either lower your ISO rating or close the iris on the camera (which will alter depth of field as well).
Wow Dan I'm amazed with your photo quality. I wish some of my Vacation pic's of BC looked like that, but most ended up being the Mustang on the way home more then anything lol.....
Pages: 1 2