FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How To Save / Contribute To Focuscanada.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
^^^nicely said^^^

All I was trying to raise was, let's just hang here, have fun and get together once in a while.

Who needs a "club" when you have a "motley crew" like us?
Y'know part of me says not to respond to a thread like this, no matter what I say, someone somewhere is gonna take offense to something that I say.

But then I remember why I came here in the first place back in April after I bought my Focus. I came from FocusFanatics.com and I came here because I wanted to be part of something local, sticking around I found it was fun I mean Anthony's BBQ may well be the highlight of my summer :D

Sure I don't always agree with what people say and do here, but I'm sure a few things I've said have ruffled a few feathers along the way too.

I think we all realize that FocusCanada.net is more than a bunch of people gathered in one place in cyberspace. Having said that however I think we also have to realize that this place can't be all things to all people...

and nor should it try IMO

NefCanuck
are we up to this gayness again??
lordkingod,Jul 19 2005, 07:51 PM Wrote:are we up to this gayness again??
[right][snapback]123575[/snapback][/right]

It never ends. Seems that once every few months, someone realizes that their friends laugh at them for being in a Focus car club, which isn't even really a car club. Also hurts when they discover that they waste hundreds of hours a month on the internet talking to other guys as tho this was a forum about Days of our lives.

Someone please listen to me on this: if after all this time, the only thing you all are looking for is an organized car club that arranges meets for Foci where you can mod without wings and beer involved, or take your slow cars to the track/dyno to see how much power your intake and under drive pullies have added, then I suggest the people on here that AREN'T looking for that (i.e. me) go start another forum.. theexilesofFC.net or something.

The thing that really makes me laugh about all of this EVERY TIME is that it's the same people bitching about the same thing over and over again, yet they're still here!

Why do I come on to focuscanada.net? Because I enjoy self-deprecation? One would think but no, I come onto FC.net because I like talking to guys like Carey, Anthony, Mike, Steve, Andrew, Paul(s) etc... about the cars? Sure if they've done something cool like put on a new set of rims or installed a new audio system, but mainly because I just like having a place where the guys can vent, chat about nothing, laugh at stupid videos, talk about politics, and all that. Sure, when Kevin does a wicked looking turbo setup or Nate's car clears 220 whp that's awesome, and it's helpful to have somewhere to talk about the cars, but for myself, who has an automatic, nothing that would be readily considered an "engine mod", and has more stone chips than your average quarry, entering in car shows or going to the track are not events I'm interested in. What I enjoy is going camping, or hitting up the pub with the guys. FC.net to me is kinda like church. You started going because something forced you into it (i.e. a love of the car), but the main reason you go back is to see people you met there that you wouldn't else have much of a chance to talk to.

Here's the truth: If this stupid whiny b.s. about how there's too much drama and not enough focus on the cars continues, the board is going to start losing more than a few people... suck it up. If you don't like the way it is, ask Jay to choose: Make this into a full-fledged car club, or leave it as is and all the whiners can go jump off a cliff.

Beer and wings for life
Raine,Jul 19 2005, 09:32 PM Wrote:Beer and wings for life
[right][snapback]123591[/snapback][/right]

that motto never done me wrong...

it made me fat.

but it didn't do no wrong.
Raine,Jul 19 2005, 09:32 PM Wrote:
lordkingod,Jul 19 2005, 07:51 PM Wrote:are we up to this gayness again??
[right][snapback]123575[/snapback][/right]

It never ends. Seems that once every few months, someone realizes that their friends laugh at them for being in a Focus car club, which isn't even really a car club. Also hurts when they discover that they waste hundreds of hours a month on the internet talking to other guys as tho this was a forum about Days of our lives.

Someone please listen to me on this: if after all this time, the only thing you all are looking for is an organized car club that arranges meets for Foci where you can mod without wings and beer involved, or take your slow cars to the track/dyno to see how much power your intake and under drive pullies have added, then I suggest the people on here that AREN'T looking for that (i.e. me) go start another forum.. theexilesofFC.net or something.

The thing that really makes me laugh about all of this EVERY TIME is that it's the same people bitching about the same thing over and over again, yet they're still here!

Why do I come on to focuscanada.net? Because I enjoy self-deprecation? One would think but no, I come onto FC.net because I like talking to guys like Carey, Anthony, Mike, Steve, Andrew, Paul(s) etc... about the cars? Sure if they've done something cool like put on a new set of rims or installed a new audio system, but mainly because I just like having a place where the guys can vent, chat about nothing, laugh at stupid videos, talk about politics, and all that. Sure, when Kevin does a wicked looking turbo setup or Nate's car clears 220 whp that's awesome, and it's helpful to have somewhere to talk about the cars, but for myself, who has an automatic, nothing that would be readily considered an "engine mod", and has more stone chips than your average quarry, entering in car shows or going to the track are not events I'm interested in. What I enjoy is going camping, or hitting up the pub with the guys. FC.net to me is kinda like church. You started going because something forced you into it (i.e. a love of the car), but the main reason you go back is to see people you met there that you wouldn't else have much of a chance to talk to.

Here's the truth: If this stupid whiny b.s. about how there's too much drama and not enough focus on the cars continues, the board is going to start losing more than a few people... suck it up. If you don't like the way it is, ask Jay to choose: Make this into a full-fledged car club, or leave it as is and all the whiners can go jump off a cliff.

Beer and wings for life
[right][snapback]123591[/snapback][/right]

perfectly said raine
This is getting even too nutty for me to make an overly obvious fuktard remark.

Enjoy your moaning, I'm going back to poker and beer.
whatever ive been satisfied with the site, and what goes on, im gonna continue to do the same thing...
go to FJ for your tech...come to FC to be social.

this drama is lame.
Marction,Jul 20 2005, 04:42 AM Wrote:go to FJ for your tech...come to FC to be social.

this drama is lame.
[right][snapback]123642[/snapback][/right]

well said

LAMES MCPLAINS
BrooksZX3,Jul 19 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:I'm sorry if I offend, but here are the facts as I see them...  This is Dan and Jason's cocktail lounge...... Dan, the guy who knows what's best for focuscanada as he told me... well seems to me it's business as usual... same old same old.  We just don't see eye to eye and that's ok.  I respect what he's done in the past with his cars but there still is no change here.

Unfortunetly they're not the facts since I havent been part of FC for a long time now and have clearly stated I have no say in its doing ... probably since back in the day when you used to get offended everytime I shot you up with rebuttals... (because I was infact looking out for the wellness of the board, where it was getting people to not spend money on s**t the people posting about it dont even understand themselves. Automatics and almost stock cars dont need 500 dollar chips/tunes, your not helping the site by advertising every 5 seconds, pushing it, and getting mad at me for telling you so / watching out for their wellbeing. I question because others dont seem to think with anything but their wallet, great for you though, definetly, atleast we know your reason for being here)...

Funny you bring that back up. Im sorry your still offended, but I cant help that. Like I said, when I saw something stupid on this site, Ive always been one of the first to point it out. If you want steeda.ca to take over FC, then go right ahead and offer Jay some money to buy it then you can run the site perfect, push business and sell parts. You dont have me to stop you anymore. Cheers!

Regardless.... Back on topic. This was very much so a club back in the day. Before I even got my focus I tried my hardest to pump people up in regards to being part of something cool in Canada... Where it be this 'club'. I used to think of it as a club, definetly.

Times change though, and its been a long time since the happy go lucky days of FJ/Focuscanada were around.....

So many cared bigtime back in the day.. personally I was out all the time meeting up with people, always out representing the club, always driving around helping people out with installs or inviting them to my house to do it..... blah blah blah .... Man I spent so much time with this club and its people trying to help it grow. There werent many me's and they still dont exist to a big extent..... Richard, Jay, paolo, Focused... definetly DanielB before this group... man .. the old guys that were really REALLY pumped about the focus. Hell even DEAN, Ill give him credit for that he had awsome intentions way back in the day for the future of this 'club'. None seem to exist anymore of this calibur. No one wants to try. This is definetly a contributing problem, leadership through.... I dont even know the word... but its not there.

We can post all we want on here thinking we are OG's when it comes to the focus, doing our part, but this place is makebelieve.... Its the internet. Its not real. The real 'club' if anything is the 'club' outside this site. Thats really the bottom line.

In turn, because less is done out there and more is done in here... This site has turned into a HUGE GROUP of crybabies and attention seekers... and infact theres only 2 reasons I check this place once a day now. 1. I like laughing at people (and the threads from today, wow, huge laugh). Thanks. 2. Because I still like hanging out with a lot of people on here, talking to them on msn, or whatever it may be. I guess I fit into AnthonyD's speil about the social aspects of the 'club' or whatever it may be called. (I might even show up friday)

Does it matter if its a car club or not? No.
Does the site need $$ support at the moment? No.
Were both of these things well known before? Yes.

Why does this s**t keep comming up though? Its dumb. There was just an argument about money like 4-5 months ago or so, but the sponsors take care of it. How hard is this to understand.

This site is stale. Its beenso for.... a year now. Atleast. I remember back in the day me and Steve talked about this issue.

It needs more outside events, ohh it does. It needs more people not thinking about themselves but a group as a whole, 4-5 cars at a show grouped together, or whatever it may be. It needs people representing, stepping up, whatever it may be, with meets, content, ideas, yada yada....

AnthonyDs first post said it all well, and Im in agreeance with him specially with stuff like:

Quote:What can you do to contribute??? Come out to the BBQs, come out for beers and wings, be supportive, get involved. I can't stand people who sit at home on their computers bitching about how shitty this place and never see them at a meet.

Thats the only way this place will get any better IMO. Not the sponsors, prizes, draws, tshirts, whatever... those are just patches.

BBQ again at my house this summer? Name your date... Ill be there.
Wow, lotsa baby mama drama.

What to say that hasn't already been said? Nothing. So free post and free bump.

1. I give props to Dan for influencing me on my car, I don't ever think there was anybody who got me rolling on this car as much as he did. I remeber our good old t-dot zx3 and l-dot zx3 days back on FJ. Good times, when shiit was fun.

come by and wave to me at Darknights guys, wish me luck, I hope I can place this year.
Yes those were good times indeed Tony.
Man your BBq's were sweet, i wish i could have been there for Anthony's...

thats when i started to get involved alot...going out and doing things with people from the site.
youguys got way to much time on your hands......stay if you like phuck - off if you dont
So the "members" have spoken then...

At least everyone has taken their mouth off someone else's sack long enough to voice their opinions.

First off, I was never "leaving", I was tired of trying to actually organize s**t and butting heads with the people that want to make this place a pre-party to a strip club or something. You wanna meet for wings and beer? Good! But don't call those of us that want to actually "do more" as a club whiners because it goes against your drinking schedule. Just don't get involved!

It's funny how everyone that wants this place to stay "fuktard central" or "the happy Canada social hour" can't read the words put in front of their faces. Everything I've listed as far as "activities" was completely optional. Do I really have to post a definition?

Not all of us live within driving distance of "wing night", nor do all of us drink... although I'm in the definite minority on the latter here for sure. I was attempting to bring a level of "local" club feel to the site for lack of a better description, because the guys in Barrie, here and Sudbury, etc. don't have the wherewithall to attend the weekly liver-soaking competitions.

If that's what the vast majority of users believes this place is, then declare it right on the f'ing front page. Because anyone who shows up here thinks this is a car club, and then becomes rudely awakened as to its true nature after having been here for a few days / weeks, depending on how frequently they visit.

Raine especially, you can take your "pub crawl" mentality and shove it. I haven't forced my ideas on you, and it's people like you who have reacted like f'ing Quakers to a Pagan ritual being performed in their living room. There's no need to declare your view of FC.net as being superior to everyone else's. Perhaps we ought to start jackbooting around here, it might be more appropriate.

Like you said, it's Jay's board. Let him decide.

Anyways, I'm happy to continue hosting the How-Tos, and I'm happy to work on the DVD. We'll see what happens from there.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 20 2005, 08:14 AM Wrote:So the "members" have spoken then...

At least everyone has taken their mouth off someone else's sack long enough to voice their opinions.

First off, I was never "leaving", I was tired of trying to actually organize s**t and butting heads with the people that want to make this place a pre-party to a strip club or something. You wanna meet for wings and beer? Good! But don't call those of us that want to actually "do more" as a club whiners because it goes against your drinking schedule. Just don't get involved!

It's funny how everyone that wants this place to stay "fuktard central" or "the happy Canada social hour" can't read the words put in front of their faces. Everything I've listed as far as "activities" was completely optional. Do I really have to post a definition?

Not all of us live within driving distance of "wing night", nor do all of us drink... although I'm in the definite minority on the latter here for sure. I was attempting to bring a level of "local" club feel to the site for lack of a better description, because the guys in Barrie, here and Sudbury, etc. don't have the wherewithall to attend the weekly liver-soaking competitions.

If that's what the vast majority of users believes this place is, then declare it right on the f'ing front page. Because anyone who shows up here thinks this is a car club, and then becomes rudely awakened as to its true nature after having been here for a few days / weeks, depending on how frequently they visit.

Raine especially, you can take your "pub crawl" mentality and shove it.  I haven't forced my ideas on you, and it's people like you who have reacted like f'ing Quakers to a Pagan ritual being performed in their living room. There's no need to declare your view of FC.net as being superior to everyone else's. Perhaps we ought to start jackbooting around here, it might be more appropriate.

Like you said, it's Jay's board. Let him decide.

Anyways, I'm happy to continue hosting the How-Tos, and I'm happy to work on the DVD. We'll see what happens from there.
[right][snapback]123668[/snapback][/right]

So disillusioned for such a young man.

The reason we have the "liver soaking events" is because it's all we got. The majority of us are NOT here to discuss cars..... If a good car thread comes up, BONUS! (pass me a beer Jen?)

And I've actually seen people come out to our "Frat party beer bong toting sex extraviganzas" and not have anything to drink (Richard) You don't have to come to ALL the meets,(Can I finish that pitcher for us?) just make the effort to come to one.... You've done that, so your'e good till' next year. I'll start bugging you around January. ( Hey sweetie, another round please)Until then, just let us beer slamming, slimy chickin wing suckin' beer hounds do our thing and support the site the best way we know how.....on a SOCIAL LEVEL!

(My intentions were not to offend Adam. Just debate.) Peace.

tdot-zx3,Jul 20 2005, 01: Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Jul 19 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:I'm sorry if I offend, but here are the facts as I see them...  This is Dan and Jason's cocktail lounge...... Dan, the guy who knows what's best for focuscanada as he told me... well seems to me it's business as usual... same old same old.  We just don't see eye to eye and that's ok.  I respect what he's done in the past with his cars but there still is no change here.

Unfortunetly they're not the facts since I havent been part of FC for a long time now and have clearly stated I have no say in its doing ... probably since back in the day when you used to get offended everytime I shot you up with rebuttals... (because I was infact looking out for the wellness of the board, where it was getting people to not spend money on s**t the people posting about it dont even understand themselves. Automatics and almost stock cars dont need 500 dollar chips/tunes, your not helping the site by advertising every 5 seconds, pushing it, and getting mad at me for telling you so / watching out for their wellbeing. I question because others dont seem to think with anything but their wallet, great for you though, definetly, atleast we know your reason for being here)...

Funny you bring that back up. Im sorry your still offended, but I cant help that. Like I said, when I saw something stupid on this site, Ive always been one of the first to point it out. If you want steeda.ca to take over FC, then go right ahead and offer Jay some money to buy it then you can run the site perfect, push business and sell parts. You dont have me to stop you anymore. Cheers!

lol whatever Dan, I don't think you'd recognize my sincerity if it stared you in the face. It's your perceptual bias that's clouding the issue. Anything and everything I do on here is done with the members and the industry in mind. I'm sorry you feel that I do unnessecary things on behalf of Steeda.ca, you can't see the forest from the trees.

So how about it Jay... how much you want for FocusCanada.net? B)
LOL funny Anthony. There always needs to be the social aspect here, no doubt, it's how friends are made. I just think there could be more car 'driven' meets too. But hey, the focus as a tuner car is still pretty young so it's gonna take some time before there is a more balanced combination of members. *shrugs shoulders* Until then... I'll buy the next round, and how about a shot of tequila?
We should get some people to go to the c7 meet this year whenever it is... last year it was just bryan and myself... we got grouped with the escorts :(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5