FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dodge Hemi To Produce Police Cars...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NefCanuck,Jul 19 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Jul 19 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:This thing would break down trying to catch a damn focus, dodge hasn't built a half ass cop car for years. Look at the intrepid's  :lol: POS cars, went through brakes once a month. The crown vic is the ultimate police interceptor, always was and always will be. If anyone knew how strong the crown vic's are yah would s**t your undies. Also if the crown vic got the 3 valve 300hp 4.6 this thing would be useless, hemi or not. Many of the cops around here love the crown vic's b/c they can go 200000km's and not have to worry about the damn thing falling apart

Crown vic police interceptor's get around 25-26mpg little more or little less, depends on how certain officer's drive them  :D
[right][snapback]123392[/snapback][/right]

Thing is that the Intrepid was a FWD car, no FWD car can take the abuse long term that a cop car takes without costing serious coin to keep running (Which is why police detachments love the Vic/loathe the Impala)

I mean running over curbs at speed, high speed chases, sudden deceleration from highway speeds, impacts with suspect vehicles. If the car isn't built to take it, you'll find out real quick :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]123430[/snapback][/right]

For some reason though i can't fathem the impala seems to be gettin more popular and they have only 200hp and not much of a heavy duty platform. These thing should be better but they will end up costing much more then the vic so i don't think we will see many on the road anytime soon. If some do come out hopefully that they last a little longer
by the sounds of it. the charger/magnum will do just fine. from what ive heard it is a pretty sturdy platform.

I wonder how much parts will cost though. saying its just an old E-Class.
scoobasteve,Jul 19 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:by the sounds of it. the charger/magnum will do just fine. from what ive heard it is a pretty sturdy platform.

[right][snapback]123433[/snapback][/right]

That's the thing they might be damn expensive, like pads for a crown vic interceptor are 100 some at the dealer and the rotors are like 200 some each. The brakes also have to be ford parts, everything is ford stuff but my local mechanic fixes the local interceptor's. Like a tie rod is over 100 some bucks. Hopefully the dodge parts are realtivly the same or the government be mad :D

aslong as it's tuff as a brick wall it should do ok, b/c has anyone seem the frame and how beefy the police cars are :D It's like fort knox under the car :lol:
scoobasteve,Jul 19 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:by the sounds of it. the charger/magnum will do just fine. from what ive heard it is a pretty sturdy platform.

[right][snapback]123433[/snapback][/right]

Since the platform is so old, any platform specific costs should be relatively low, I would think. What'll really hurt is the external bits, or any bits that are new to this application (headlight lenses, body panels, etc.)

Proof is in the pudding, we'll have to see what a police issue Magnum/Charger looks like after its first impact with a curb at say, 50km/h? ;)

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2