FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Aight, Enough Is Enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I obviously hit a nerve yesterday. Steve, that wasn't an attack on you believe it or not. I've never met you, and wouldn't mind in the least if I did.

What I was doing was merely carrying forward the idea that Jason could (and obviously does) budget his cash such that the money to run the site is separate from "Jay's Turbo Fund" as you put it. We as members should be able to put that level of faith in a fellow Canadian, especially given the great run this place has had so far. Also, once again, the word optional and its entire definition and context of usage falls into a quantum singularity and comes out as a whale, plummeting towards a planet that doesn't exist.

The "monkeys in a cage" run was an analogy, and a pretty apt one at that. I also wanna commend Scooba for donating as well. The whole reason it was brought up a few months ago was because of a post by none other than ZX3TUNR himself that he had to sell everything he was working on because he was run-over with payments or something. Whatever. What I proposed would have taken the weight off of him for a few months at least so he could tend to his own affairs without worrying about the site. That's it.

Anyways, like I said... obviously there's a greater mentality here that wants this place to remain COMPLETLELY free. Good. This site is sponsored, and should cover the bills. Terrific.

I've said my piece then, and I'm relegating myself to "observer" status. The worst part of any club, especially car clubs, are the ones that want something for free in perpetuity regardless of the situation.

I'll browse, and still chat with those that wanna yak about non-FC related stuff over MSN.

It's been fun, and thanks to everyone who helped us out with the car, be it questions or parts, suggestions, etc :)
:wtf: I'm getting a coffee and coming to see you.
apparently I missed something... gonna have to look around to see what you're talking about

EDIT: didn't find anything :unsure: you're not saying you're leaving FC are ya? If you do, I'm not gonna let you take the svt for a rip on dyno day :P :lol:
WTF????

And they all jump overboard!!!!

I smell Titanic.
My Girlfreind read the focaljet thread.

She was laughing at us.

"Its the fawkin internet Nate" :rolleyes: :lol:
Even I sometimes forget this is still "just the internet." :lol:
I'm trying to keep an open mind, honestly, I am... but this is the same immaturity I've talked about in previous threads, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

Just because someone's idea isn't the most practical, doesn't mean that input, and future contribution isn't welcomed--in fact, it's encouraged... don't take it personally when others try to explain why something isn't the best idea...

the whole donation thing is optional, there's a link you can contribute to, and many of us have... and with sponsorship, etc., my point was that we don't really need to take further fund raising action aside from what Jay already has set up... not that jay's trying to rip us off, that's totally the wrong point, but that the urgency you placed behind needing to fundraise for the site was a bit misplaced.

it wasn't your cue to take it all personally and post your intentions of leaving the site (like so many have in the past)... Your enthusiasm is needed around here, just don't take it personally when someone tries to offer some constructive criticism.
darkpuppet,Jul 19 2005, 08:56 AM Wrote:I'm trying to keep an open mind, honestly, I am... but this is the same immaturity I've talked about in previous threads, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

Just because someone's idea isn't the most practical, doesn't mean that input, and future contribution isn't welcomed--in fact, it's encouraged... don't take it personally when others try to explain why something isn't the best idea...

the whole donation thing is optional, there's a link you can contribute to, and many of us have...  and with sponsorship, etc., my point was that we don't really need to take further fund raising action aside from what Jay already has set up... not that jay's trying to rip us off, that's totally the wrong point, but that the urgency you placed behind needing to fundraise for the site was a bit misplaced.

it wasn't your cue to take it all personally and post your intentions of leaving the site (like so many have in the past)...  Your enthusiasm is needed around here, just don't take it personally when someone tries to offer some constructive criticism.
[right][snapback]123318[/snapback][/right]

Beautifully said Steve.

It;s a real shame we lose good contributing members over different views.
(----- Is confused.... But thats ok.... :huh:
bah...my head hurts
NOS2GO4ME- Wrote:So this is how it ends... goodbye, my only friend.

So I've had something of a falling out in relation to semantics at FocusCanada.net. I've decided that I really can't be bothered to "save the masses" on this one, and that it's best for natural selection to reign supreme with this one.

I really hope FC.net goes on, and I haven't asked them to delete my account. I've just decided that the only way to have anything resembling a "happy ending" with this one is to walk away, just browse the board for a while. OK, a long while. I'm tired of arguing the merits of a car club with people who want to keep FC.net as their own personal playground with a greater content of BS than car parts sales, advice on modding, and general Focus enthusiasm.

Anyways, I'm extremely grateful to FocusCanada for all that I've learned about the Focus - i.e. A LOT. I'll be leaving the decals on the car, not sure what to do about the t-shirt in stealth mode however.

I'll also leave it linked here, in case a fellow modder finds their way here and needs a link to the only real Canada-wide Focus club.
who wrote that?
scoobasteve,Jul 19 2005, 11:55 AM Wrote:who wrote that?
[right][snapback]123357[/snapback][/right]
its form NOS's BLog on msn My space

http://spaces.msn.com/members/loganteamx/
drama for nothing :rolleyes:
Blah. i hate drama... I'm leaving too :ph34r:

well no, not at all

where else would i postwhore this much without being banned :lol:
All I'm going to say is... what was the point of that?

It says everything I've said here, and everything I've said via MSN to people today.

You're trying to stir s**t in an empty pot.

NOS2Go4Me,Jul 19 2005, 12:11 PM Wrote:All I'm going to say is... what was the point of that?

It says everything I've said here, and everything I've said via MSN to people today.

You're trying to stir s**t in an empty pot.
[right][snapback]123364[/snapback][/right]

Done then. B)

Guys, no more of these threads for at least 3 months. :lol: :P

Please.
Hmmm I dont really get it.. because a fundraising drive was suggested when it wasnt needed, and someone explains why we dont need a drive.. then you decide you cant be part of the club?

Well if that's what you want to do, that's your choice.. but I dont really see how it makes any sense.
:blink: