FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Don't Forget To Set Your Parking Brake!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was in Minden Ont. this weekend and this happened right in front of where we were staying. Some guy parked his SUV on the bank of the river and forgot to set his parking brake. It rolled into the river and floated to the deepest part of the river and sank to the bottom:
[Image: river1.jpg]

The tow truck driver swam out to the vehicle with his winch. He steadied himself while standing on the roof of the SUV while someone brought out a diving mask with a boat. He dove 10 feet down to hook up the winch. Status: the alarm was still wailing underwater!
[Image: river2.jpg]

Pulling it out:
[Image: river3.jpg]

Oops! Left the windows open. Note the waterfall out the backhatch :lol: :
[Image: river4.jpg]
LOL What a tool that guy is.
Hahahaha..

thats awesome!

The interior woulda got soaked regardless but, his windows are partially rolled down to boot!

HAHAHAHA//

owned :lol: :)
Someone shoulda rode it down into the river... "AYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

:rofl:
Now that is a dedicated tow truck driver...
Hyundai owners
Should have left it there!
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 17 2005, 04:34 PM Wrote:Someone shoulda rode it down into the river... "AYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

:rofl:
[right][snapback]123047[/snapback][/right]

you actually made me laugh :lol:
dBlast,Jul 17 2005, 03:51 PM Wrote:I was in Minden Ont. this weekend and this happened right in front of where we were staying.  Some guy parked his SUV on the bank of the river and forgot to set his parking brake.  It rolled into the river and floated to the deepest part of the river and sank to the bottom:

Y'see, THIS is why you set the parking brake folks. Otherwise yer fancy assed SUV gets to "sleep with the fishes"

The fact that the alarm was going makes it even funnier... what set it off? :blink:

NefCanuck
Perhaps the tow truck guy standing on the roof set it off? or all the water?

anyway, that's great
Wow I didnt know those things came in stick .........

wow that car is pretty much a write off
Any close-ups of the girl in the bikini top??
Definitely a write off. The Ministry would deem that vehicle non-roadworthy as it was submerged in water and its potential for electrical shorts and fires. A short was probably the cause of alarm being activated. It would be good for parts only. After they pulled it out, the owner was removing his personal effects before they towed it away.

I checked the closeups on bikini girl from the native pics. She's not that hot, plus I did not get her to sign a release. :lol:
DanielB_ZX3,Jul 17 2005, 11:26 PM Wrote:Any close-ups of the girl in the bikini top??
[right][snapback]123109[/snapback][/right]

See? That's why this place is PURE GOLD. You can't buy chauvinism that well-honed. :lol:
I thought this was another 'internet video' of some moron.

Nope. This is gold. Love it. :lol:
D-Dub,Jul 17 2005, 10: Wrote:Wow I didnt know those things came in stick .........

only with the crappy 2.4L Mitsu engine.

Laterz :)
ahahahaha, should have left it there.
Which person is the owner in the picture...
microbunny,Jul 18 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:Which person is the owner in the picture...
[right][snapback]123255[/snapback][/right]

I believe it was the guy with the green shirt and grey hair behind the girl with the bikini top.
My parents own that exact same car *hangs head in shame* ...

But as much as I fighted for them to get a toyota or honda ... hyundais offers are so good its hard to pass it up. That was their deciding factor.
Pages: 1 2