FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ps2 Network Question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know how do bring my wireless connection that I have with my laptop to my ps2, for network play? I already have the network adapter for the ps2...just wondering if somone know's how to do that!
You have to run a cable from your network adapter on your ps2 to your router.

Or what some people have done (with mixed results) are buying a normal wireless adapter, and a cord that has USB on one end and CAT9 on the other, and connecting that your network adapter.

The first of the 2 solutions is the best, and the second one.. id research it before going out and buying the other things. Ive heard of it done, but never seen it.
JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 17 2005, 12:43 AM Wrote:You have to run a cable from your network adapter on your ps2 to your router.

the router is in the other room.
I played socom2 online for like 10 hours today... holy s**t if readdicted myself.

And on a side note, id run a hard wire..... You want a connection thats going to have no problems at all... and the fastest connection possible.

Having low ping/being cut out sucks when your in the middle of a heated game.
As a High Speed Internet tech I dont advise a router at all if your going for the fastest connection you can get.
Router's just add an extra step in slowing the connection. But direct wire is the most reliable quick connect though a router you will get...... I hate wireless by the way lol.
Mason,Jul 17 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:As a High Speed Internet tech I dont advise a router at all if your going for the fastest connection you can get.
Router's just add an extra step in slowing the connection. But direct wire is the most reliable quick connect though a router you will get...... I hate wireless by the way lol.
[right][snapback]123016[/snapback][/right]

I guess it would be best to just directly connect each computer a person has to their highspeed whenever they need it...unless you're with Telus in which case the DSL modem has a built in router and you're screwed.

the point: it hardly matters. A properly setup router is going to better than a direct connection to your highspeed.

but back on topic.... I'd recommend running a cable from the PS2 to the router, but you can get wireless adapters that you can plug into the ps2 network and get wirelessly connected... dlink, linksys, SMC and netgear all make such connectors I believe (definitely d-link... I've seen the odd eb games carrying them).

I run my PS2 in the DMZ (static IP, DMZ set to that IP in the router config).. it's the same as giving the PS2 a direct connection to the 'net, which I figure is safe since nobody is going to be hacking into the PS2 anytime soon.
your so smart ^^^^ ahhhh my hero
DD1,Jul 17 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:your so smart ^^^^ ahhhh my hero
[right][snapback]123019[/snapback][/right]

I also play socom 2. Have done for a couple years now.
JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 17 2005, 01:04 PM Wrote:
DD1,Jul 17 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:your so smart ^^^^ ahhhh my hero
[right][snapback]123019[/snapback][/right]

I also play socom 2. Have done for a couple years now.
[right][snapback]123029[/snapback][/right]

heres a cookie :lol: good boy
JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 17 2005, 05:04 PM Wrote:I also play socom 2. Have done for a couple years now.

You eagerly waiting socom3 like I am?

They better fix up the controls n stuff ... and hopefully add some cooler maps with more things around.
tdot-zx3,Jul 17 2005, 05: Wrote:
JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 17 2005, 05:04 PM Wrote:I also play socom 2. Have done for a couple years now.

You eagerly waiting socom3 like I am?

They better fix up the controls n stuff ... and hopefully add some cooler maps with more things around.
[right][snapback]123049[/snapback][/right]

Yeah for sure. The guy who runs our clan got accepted for the beta test.
awsome .. good for him....

what clan are you part of?
tdot-zx3,Jul 17 2005, 11: Wrote:awsome .. good for him....

what clan are you part of?
[right][snapback]123111[/snapback][/right]

The clan name is <W> The <W>ARRIORS. We play in central 5. I go by the name of <HOLMES> try adding me if you like. Im on around 4:30-6:30 eastern weekdays. Usually..