FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got Banned From The Jet Again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
P-51,Jul 18 2005, 03: Wrote:I'm just the only one bothering to argue about it, because I DO care about making this place better.
[right][snapback]123193[/snapback][/right]

BUT, you're one of the ones who was noticeably silent when I proposed that we contribute cash to the forums to keep it afloat when things weren't looking financially rosy for Jay (ZX3TUNR). He's happy to foot the bill, I made a small donation to ease my conscience, and the rest of the world screamed that "it's a free forum why the hell do we need to pay?".

Everyone wants something for free, but the webhosting flat-out costs cash. The extra s**t that runs this site (SQL, etc) costs extra cash.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. I was trying to treat FC as more of a "car club", the rest of the world thinks of it as an online brothel, and that's fine with me.

If you ask me, which you haven't, you're asking a lot of a bunch of random people on the Intarweb.

but why donate money to a site that doesn't have content really worth paying for?

I mean, it makes sense for advertisers to pay money to post an ad on this site, because at least they may get new business from it.

But for the membership itself, who would pay money to 'just talk to canadians'.. i find it just as easy to do that by going outside or to the pub.

Most of the people I know on here that i consider friends, I know from [fj]... but lately, I've seen a lot of those people post less and less on fc, and with the derth of relevant chatter, this place can feel pretty lonely at times....

People want this site to grow, but you can't grow without growing up a little bit. but we continually go down this path of bitching and moaning anytime there's some effort to moderate this site.

While I find the board amusing at times, I feel more in line with p-51's and Gapboy's reasoning as of late. I see too many people turning away from here for the same reasons p-51 doesn't come by... and it only hurts the site in the long run.

it's like any business, a business that grows needs to accomodate the majority target demographic, not pander to the most vocal minority... and I honestly think the numbers falling silent far exceeds the numbers speaking out.

Just my opinion, which I'm allowed to have.
I'm going to have to agree with puppet and P51 here.. there's a time and a place for everything, and a car forum isnt really a place where you should have to worry about getting in s**t from work. I dont mind seeing some nudity or whatever on the site, but post a "NWS" warning in the title, or if you want to insert a nude picture, post it as a link with a warning in front of it.

I dont really agree with the way FocalJet is run, and I stay as far away from their Off-topic section as possible, but that doesnt mean we cant grow up a little here too. This site doesnt have to be boring and tame, but we could improve it a lot by eliminating a lot of the bullshit that doesnt need to be here. That may encourage more lurkers to become posters, and new users to surf the site more often.
P-51,Jul 18 2005, 12: Wrote:
Quote:hahahahahahahahaha

Nyuck nyuck nyuck.
[right][snapback]123162[/snapback][/right]

hahahahahahaha....thanx./ :lol:
Boobs on the internet are bad for work.
I already called it completely optional... OPTIONAL. Everyone seems to miss that one little word. I came up with the idea that we could, wait for it... OPTIONALLY sponsor the site as contributing members out of the good of our hearts. Now I know a lot of you here have some sort of neo-gothic horseshit going on, comparing it to FJ and FF... but dam it. We're not FF, and we're certainly not FJ.

If everyone wants this to be a retard-based community with no sense of pride or belonging, say the word. I'm gone.

I came here because as far as I can tell, it's THE premier (and only :P ) Canadian Ford Focus club / community. I believed that for the longest time that this was the best thing to ever happen to our Focus. As I've been long-winded about before, a good many members here have made our car what it is today. I've learnt a LOT about the Focus from here.

Again... if you guys want to turn this place into FJ North because you're obsessing about my idea about OPTIONAL (note the caps) sponsorship / contribution, fine. Do it.

I never said the site had to have a sucessful business model. I never said it had to turn a profit. I could care less. I was merely being a member of the vast minority of members by offering to take some of the financial burden off of Jason out of the goodness of my heart.

In short - it was an IDEA that was shot down by a bunch of monkeys in a cage because that's all they knew (FC.net = FREE FORUMS OMGWTFBBQ) and that's all they could accept. Anyone else know the joke about company policy and the 5 monkeys in a cage? Good. Replace the monkeys with FC memebrs and it's as true as the law.
I've donated before... when the site wasnt sponsored. I'll donate again if it really comes down to that...

but as for now...

this site is sponsored. they should be carrying the whole operating expense.
Whatever, I'm done with it.

Sorry I brought it up. I've been in contact with Ron quite closely for the past couple of days. It seems he really was concerned why we (Canucks) all left. I explained it was because of the double standards.

He said he's looking into it. :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,Jul 18 2005, 07:24 PM Wrote:Whatever, I'm done with it.

Sorry I brought it up. I've been in contact with Ron quite closely for the past couple of days. It seems he really was concerned why we (Canucks) all left. I explained it was because of the double standards.

[right][snapback]123233[/snapback][/right]

I don't think "lookin into it" will go to far but let's all hope for the best shall we :D

Ron isn't that bad of a guy but other mods gotta lighten up though
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 18 2005, 01:40 PM Wrote:.

. We all have our Mefords and DD1s... but we'd be British if not for those guys. No offense intended, 2001ZTS :P

- Canadians have IQs that exceed their shoe sizes. Except DD1. We're working on him. :P
[right][snapback]123169[/snapback][/right]

This copming from aguy that lives in North Bay :lol: you rank jsut a tad before ppl in elliot lake :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 18 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:Again... if you guys want to turn this place into FJ North because you're obsessing about my idea about OPTIONAL (note the caps) sponsorship / contribution, fine. Do it.

I never said the site had to have a sucessful business model. I never said it had to turn a profit. I could care less. I was merely being a member of the vast minority of members by offering to take some of the financial burden off of Jason out of the goodness of my heart.

In short - it was an IDEA that was shot down by a bunch of monkeys in a cage because that's all they knew (FC.net = FREE FORUMS OMGWTFBBQ) and that's all they could accept. Anyone else know the joke about company policy and the 5 monkeys in a cage? Good. Replace the monkeys with FC memebrs and it's as true as  the law.
[right][snapback]123223[/snapback][/right]

it was an idea shot down because it wasn't needed Don't let enthusiasm cloud the truth of the matter... the sponsors are here to support the site, and any extra money would just go into Jay's Turbo Charge Fund™, You offered to donate at a time that it was probabaly NOT even really needed. And if it was, I'm sure Jay would have let us know (because he was kind enough to let us know in the past, and we donated)

I'm saying you had the right intentions, only at the wrong time.

And truth be told, if we were to dump all the sponsors and become a boobies-only site, I am truly out of here... I'm not a monkey, and I don't care what you think, I'm always going to do what I think is best for this site AND it's members (including you, who'd rather rag on me for reasoning than taking a step back to really think it through.
ANTHONYD,Jul 18 2005, 07:24 PM Wrote:Whatever, I'm done with it.

[right][snapback]123233[/snapback][/right]

Sounds good.
Pages: 1 2 3