FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pulled On A V6 Mustang Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

2003svt

nah my focus would get anialated by that V6 but if you wanna race me in your cobra i would, i heard you went 12.0 with those drag radials, i went 12.5 with street tires in 40+ degree weather, should be pretty close Paul, I still think you may beat me though cuz my car weighs 4000 pounds with me in it and makes a bit less power than yours does, it would be fun to try it at the track sometime.

2003svt AKA (DRELMCOY)
meister@steeda.ca,Jul 14 2005, 06:55 PM Wrote:Nice Kill!!!

We have a V6 that we just finished you may want to race  :ph34r:

370rwhp/380rwtq
[right][snapback]122233[/snapback][/right]
I went to a dyno day with three 99-04 V6 stangs. 2 were stock 5spd, one auto with pullies and CAI. They put down 157,159,160 rwhp. My stock SVTF put down 140hp, so I guess the weight difference really hurts them.
2003svt,Jul 14 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:nah  my focus would get anialated  by that V6 but if you wanna race me in your cobra i would, i heard you went 12.0 with those drag radials, i went 12.5 with street tires in 40+ degree weather, should be pretty close Paul, I still think you may beat me though cuz my car weighs 4000 pounds with me in it and makes a bit less power than yours does, it would be fun to try it at the track sometime.

2003svt AKA (DRELMCOY)

370rwhp/380rwtq
[right][snapback]122268[/snapback][/right]
Damn, your car is quick. Props

550rwhp does not allow for much traction on a 18" drag radial at st thomas on my IRS. My MPH was 124 though :-)

Solid Axle is going in tomorrow morning, 28" ET Drag and a 15" tire.
scoobasteve,Jul 14 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:Uhoh... Put on the flame suit bud...

Streetracing is a NO-NO in these parts.
[right][snapback]122200[/snapback][/right]

ya more so when it s a V6 stnag race the 8's they are more fun when you beat them :lol:
I do back road racing too at like 2-3am with my buddy and his SRT4 in an abondon industrail road. And i know everyone has done highway pulls with another car not going more then say 30-40km/h over the speed limit but still seeing who has the better pull while moving. Street racing is bad but somtimes u just gotta have a little fun aslong as its away from public roads and no ppl are around.
I respect Kevin and everyone else who disapprove of street racing, so I'll just say that others know my view of things... *cough*andistillgotsmokedbyadseries*cough*

The problem is that street racing is exactly what it was 50 years ago, but the population of Canada is probably 2-2.5x what it was on average in any given place. And , it's way more in cities and other built-up areas. It's impossible to race safely anymore without a track, and there's not enough track time to satiate the masses.

I'd love to see more tracks open that promote night racing, as it would help to alleviate the problem greatly.

Also, a roll-on on a closed-access highway is hardly street racing. Let's be fair, here.
I remember last year my focus took out a v6 mustang. The guy got so mad he called all his buddies and came after me, focis8nt and sr20det.

End result. We led them to the bar my bro was at.
ZX3TUNR,Jul 14 2005, 09:23 PM Wrote:I remember last year my focus took out a v6 mustang. The guy got so mad he called all his buddies and came after me, focis8nt and sr20det.

End result. We led them to the bar my bro was at.
[right][snapback]122399[/snapback][/right]

Nice. Talk about sore losers. Did your bro kick the living s**t outta them or did they speed off once they saw him?
Umm, I can see some peoples points on street racing, like if you're racing in town going double the speed limit where there is pedestrians, children etc.

But on the god damn 407 where I get passed while going 140, give me a facking break. :o

There are no pedestrians, no children, no lights, no old people crossing, just pure 4 lanes wide of nice smooth road where you can see WAY ahead of you.

What is the difference with "racing" against someone or speeding by yourself on the HWY? None.

So, in conclusion, racing in town is very dumb, but if you're on the 407...much different story.

you should see how fast the bikes drive on the 407 :o
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 15 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:Umm, I can see some peoples points on street racing, like if you're racing in town going double the speed limit where there is pedestrians, children etc.

But on the god damn 407 where I get passed while going 140, give me a facking break. :o

There are no pedestrians, no children, no lights, no old people crossing, just pure 4 lanes wide of nice smooth road where you can see WAY ahead of you.

What is the difference with "racing" against someone or speeding by yourself on the HWY? None.

So, in conclusion, racing in town is very dumb, but if you're on the 407...much different story.

[right][snapback]122470[/snapback][/right]

No kidding.

I got passed once by a Porsche so fast on the HWY, my car shook.
meister@steeda.ca,Jul 14 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:Nice Kill!!!

370rwhp/380rwtq

an SVT focus vs a v6 , most likely, autotragic mustang is hardly a kill to be proud of, it's like shooting dead racoons.

can a gummy bear kill a gummy worm?

everyone knows my opinion on street racing (though 407.. heck, I've pulled on unsuspecting audi's, but that's beside the point)...

but there isn't really much to brag about when you're beating a car you should be beating anyways.
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 15 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:But on the god damn 407 where I get passed while going 140, give me a facking break. :o

[right][snapback]122470[/snapback][/right]

The 407 is like an unoffical Indy 500... it's all a game of "How fast do you dare to go in the open space you have?" If they ever got smart they'd use the entry and exit times to calculate your average speed and nail you for speeding (Here's hoping they never get smart :lol:) Aside from the odd blitz of the 407, the police seem non-excistant whenever I've travelled it.

Highest I've hit in the Focus was 140km/h on the 407 and it felt like 100 in my old car... eerie :blink:

NefCanuck

2003svt

yah i only managed 120mph but i figure it's still pretty quick for a fuller than full weight convertible, my 60'ft was a shitty 2.11 so i know their is room for improvement, I would like to get the car to run 12.3 or 12.2 on my 18" Falken's before I go to a drag radial and try to break into the 11.99 zone.
meister@steeda.ca,Jul 14 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:
2003svt,Jul 14 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:nah  my focus would get anialated  by that V6 but if you wanna race me in your cobra i would, i heard you went 12.0 with those drag radials, i went 12.5 with street tires in 40+ degree weather, should be pretty close Paul, I still think you may beat me though cuz my car weighs 4000 pounds with me in it and makes a bit less power than yours does, it would be fun to try it at the track sometime.

2003svt AKA (DRELMCOY)

370rwhp/380rwtq
[right][snapback]122268[/snapback][/right]
Damn, your car is quick. Props

550rwhp does not allow for much traction on a 18" drag radial at st thomas on my IRS. My MPH was 124 though :-)

Solid Axle is going in tomorrow morning, 28" ET Drag and a 15" tire.
[right][snapback]122358[/snapback][/right]
key word....v-6 mustange
and how i hate them
there two heavy for there engine
and me being the stupid teenager i am
i have beat v6 mustanges..
and my borthers rice rocket has killed them
:1engrishsign: :speakenglish:
never :P

i was in the zone on ranting on v6 mustangs ha
The V6 Mustang will never die! They out sell GT's by about 2:1.
does it have vtec?
Pages: 1 2