FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Man My Car Is A Dog With The Ac On!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hmm.. i guess my airconditioning must suck... i only notice like a 20~25km loss per tank with a/c on
Welcome to the club! A/C sucks the freakin life out of Zetec motors it seems, most guys just turn it off when leaving from a stop then switch it back on once in motion. I think someone else posted in another thread that underdrive pulleys help this on their car.
at least you guys have 2L engines try it with a puny 1.6L. :lol:

Laterz :)
the SRT is getting around 200 kms with the AC on with the wife driving and thats a 40L'r tank of the good stuff
SVT ZX3,Jul 14 2005, 03:46 PM Wrote:Welcome to the club! A/C sucks the freakin life out of Zetec motors it seems, most guys just turn it off when leaving from a stop then switch it back on once in motion. I think someone else posted in another thread that underdrive pulleys help this on their car.
[right][snapback]122308[/snapback][/right]

UDP seemed to noticeably reduce lag with the a/c on when I had it installed...the only difference being that when the car was idling or at a stoplight, the fan would slow a bit...but no noticeable issues with cooling while driving.
umm.. turn the AC off if you want to accelerate, turn it back on after?
It's funny, I have the wifey trained to turn it off when I'm merging or passing. It's quite funny.

She yells NAWWWWS when she turns it off :lol:
ANTHONYD,Jul 15 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:It's funny, I have the wifey trained to turn it off when I'm merging or passing. It's quite funny.

[right][snapback]122485[/snapback][/right]

AHAHAHAHAHHA! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:rofl:
ANTHONYD,Jul 15 2005, 01:17 PM Wrote:It's funny, I have the wifey trained to turn it off when I'm merging or passing. It's quite funny.

:lol: now thats a woman!! i can see why you wanna get married

im jealous
Sweet! She's a keeper.
ANTHONYD,Jul 15 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:It's funny, I have the wifey trained to turn it off when I'm merging or passing. It's quite funny.

LOL...that's awesome.
Now I know why her and Sara got along, just ask Danno :lol:
ANTHONYD,Jul 15 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:It's funny, I have the wifey trained to turn it off when I'm merging or passing. It's quite funny.

AHAH Kick ass. Well under drive pullies seem like a good Idea, But I was told not to toss those in with a sub in the car.
Pages: 1 2