FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking At Getting 2002 Mb C230...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...for the MB C230? I've been wanting that car since it came out. Does anyone have an experiance with it or have a friend/family/etc. that has one and can give me an idea about that to expect? I would much appreciate it, since this is going to be my first "Grown Up" car....What should I be looking out for while shopping for the car? Thanks guys....
metalx,Jul 14 2005, 07:46 AM Wrote:...for the MB C230? I've been wanting that car since it came out. Does anyone have an experiance with it or have a friend/family/etc. that has one and can give me an idea about that to expect? I would much appreciate it, since this is going to be my first "Grown Up" car....What should I be looking out for while shopping for the car? Thanks guys....
[right][snapback]122076[/snapback][/right]

Not to squash your dreams/hopes but the 230..In fact the whole c-line are all 'poor-man benzs'....The first thing I think when I see people driving them is that they just wanted the MB logo on their hood...not that they actually have money to afford a luxury ride!!

Sorry, I love MB...always have but, I hate the 'cheap-end rides they have been popping out in the last 5-6 years!!!

Just my 2cents...
Try MbCanada.com, its a popular Benz message board, I'm on there, so is Ondafritz, infact, hes a Moderator over there as well and can definately help you when looking/deciding on which car to buy.
I test drove one a few years ago, the one thing that I noticed was the 6spd tranny is a bit sloppy but nothing that you won't get use to in the long run, the car has a good power band almost from 1700rpms all the way up to 6500rpms, the only thing that is hurting the car in the performance department is the weight but it does handle well and the stock sound system sounds great, the interior is a bit cramped especially the rear seat actually I think the ZX3 has more room in the back than the C230. The warranty on the C230 is also not bad it's got a basic bumper to bumper for 80,000k's or 4 years and a powertrain warranty for 5 years or 120,000k's.

Laterz :)
KOS, your best reply yet. Finally we agree on something. But I have to add this.
If your looking at a car this expensive, you have to be willing to fix a car this expensive. I have looked at the upside of saving money buying used versus leasing the car new and letting them worry about future maintenance, and typically it always pays off to lease the car from new for 3-4 years, keeping the warranty intake, and not having to worry about paying a million dollars for a water pump on your car.
The only downside is when you have to commute long distances and rack up the mileage on your lease, then it sways towards buying the used car.
I dunno about those, I think you could get a way better car for the money that you wold spend on that.
SVT ZX3,Jul 14 2005, 11:56 AM Wrote:I dunno about those, I think you could get a way better car for the money that you wold spend on that.
[right][snapback]122154[/snapback][/right]

..AGREED~~~!!
Saab 92x aero
Go for a 6-7 year old E320 or something else worthwhile that has the MB name. I've never liked the C-class... they were always a snooty shopping cart with a hood ornament to me... without the guts, handling, or class to back up the attitude.
I was looking into one of those but brand new and ended up looking elsewhere. For the price you can get into a hell of a sweet VOLVO S40 or even a BMW 3 Series (year old).....
Alternative suggestions (asuming you want to stay with a entry level sport luxury coupe/sedan) BMW 3 Series, Infinity G35, Lexus IS350, Acura TL, but hey man follow your dreams, if that's what you really want then go for it.
The 2002 C230 is the car I always wanted, since it came out the year AFTER I bought the Focus. I acutally met with the dealer tonite in Oakville and got the car. 71K on the O/D paying about $20K for the car. Dealer wanted $21,995.00. I really like the look and power of the car, but I've always been a fan of Benz. I hate BMW, it seems every snotty kid has one.
Id buy a saab or volvo S40 if it were me. But go for what u like.
metalx,Jul 14 2005, 10:51 PM Wrote:The 2002 C230 is the car I always wanted, since it came out the year AFTER I bought the Focus. I acutally met with the dealer tonite in Oakville and got the car. 71K on the O/D paying about $20K for the car. Dealer wanted $21,995.00. I really like the look and power of the car, but I've always been a fan of Benz. I hate BMW, it seems every snotty kid has one.
[right][snapback]122430[/snapback][/right]

Congrats and have fun with your new toy.

Laterz :)
Congrats, how bout a pic?