FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anthony Buys A Ring, I Buy A Camera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For those of you in the know, my with is a professional photographer who utilizes 35mm and has for over 20 years. Well we just had our 8th anniversary, and I forgot. So I had some makin up to do.

This did it.

http://www.canon.ca/english/index-products...=23&gid=2&ovr=1

She has now gone kicking and screamin into the digital age.

So far, she's in love

With the new camera

PS Fuktards..............I'll be posting alot more pics now.
Very nice. I like it a lot! Hope you two have fun with it.
nice camera meford, glad to hear that you will be getting more pics up, cause i can't seem to remember what your ride looks like.....
BLING! nice camera fuktard!
that's a nice camera indeed... I've been toying with either getting the EOS30d or the nikkon d70s..

The nikon has a larger, slightly more ergonomical body, better optics, faster burst mode, and a direct button access to exposure settings.

but it's lower resolution, and $300 less... I think if you're doing full manual work, and upgraded the lense, the canon would rule hands down, but right now, I'm sort of inbetween both prosumer models.

Does the EOS20d come in a body-only configuration?
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 13 2005, 08:59 PM Wrote:Very nice. I like it a lot! Hope you two have fun with it.
[right][snapback]121891[/snapback][/right]

Yes, i bet you will have some "FUN" with it...

Sangria...you naughty girl :o

Digital cameras are awsome...i hated getting flim developed, couldnt stand loading them and all that garbage, digital suits me fine. :D
Meaning you can buy just the body? yes

But from a pro point of view, the $$$ difference between the two is usually what sways people to the Nikon. But i've used both and the quality of the Canon is hands down superior.

And I don't believe it's a $300 difference, it's closer to $1000 difference.

The Nikon being $1500 and the Canon being $2500 approx. at the retail level.

Now that being said, that is with a very nice lens on the Canon, maybe that is where you see the $300 difference between the 2 cameras.

Just the body for the Canon is around $1500 retail and you can use the older AF lenses. They just enhance the optical zoom.
LOL! I knew I went wrong with that comment... I keep forgetting like 95% of this club are males...
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 13 2005, 05:39 PM Wrote:LOL! I knew I went wrong with that comment... I keep forgetting like 95% of this club are males...
[right][snapback]121910[/snapback][/right]

try 99% :lol:
Or that! :lol:
ahem, post whores, GO AWAY!
I think he meant D70 vs Digital Rebel (300D?) Then his $300 is more or less accurate.

Personally, if I were to go with anything SLR, it'd be Nikon hands down. But the Canons are nice.

And I would kill to have that 20D. Ok well no not kill, but damn near it.

Having said that... I own 3 Canon cameras.
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 09:45 PM Wrote:I think he meant D70 vs Digital Rebel (300D?) Then his $300 is more or less accurate.

Personally, if I were to go with anything SLR, it'd be Nikon hands down. But the Canons are nice.

And I would kill to have that 20D. Ok well no not kill, but damn near it.

Having said that... I own 3 Canon cameras.
[right][snapback]121922[/snapback][/right]

Have you tried Nikon. They were the powerhouse got-to-have of the camera world, but Canon in many professional opinions kicks their ass in the world of digital photography. The quality of picture resolution is poor, IMO, with the Nikon.

With the lens we bought for the camera, this one

EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
This EF-S lens brings true wide-angle to tele coverage to EOS 20D and Digital Rebel shooters. It has Canon's Image Stabilization system, allowing safe hand-holding at speeds up to three stops slower than otherwise possible. And of course, it's optically optimized for digital SLRs. A ring-type USM means both fast and silent AF, as well as full-time manual focus when in the AF mode

she can attain the speed and precision she needs for wedding photography.

The slightly better ergo body that puppet refers to in the Nikon, I have to agree with. Until you add the Canon Battery Grip that allows you to turn the camera 90 degrees and still have a full grip. Plus the fact you are now carrying 2 batteries in the camers instead of one. We added this feature because it added a better fitting design to the camera and the battery backup was a big plus.

Everyone has their own personal tastes with cameras, especially if your a nut job photographer. We were looking at switching to Nikon, but after trying them both out, Canon won hands down.
Nice camera and it gets you outta the doghouse too. What more can you ask for? :lol:

I'm still waiting for a decent DVD camcorder/still picture combo to be produced before I give up my PDA camera (The camera is two mega pixels, fine for my admittedly ameture needs)

NefCanuck
meford4u,Jul 13 2005, 07:57 PM Wrote:Have you tried Nikon.  They were the powerhouse got-to-have of the camera world, but Canon in many professional opinions kicks their ass in the world of digital photography.  The quality of picture resolution is poor, IMO, with the Nikon.
[right][snapback]121976[/snapback][/right]
Haven't even held either. However after reading much about them, and viewing comparison shots. I thought the D70 had better pictures than the Rebel. (I'm not comparing a D70 to the 20D)
I was considering a Rebel XT for the lens commonality alone... and I've read nothing but good reviews on the camera itself in terms of image quality and ease of use.

You picked a good one there, dude. Now you don't have to worry about the kid at the FotoHut peepin' your "skills" with the wife's camera ;)
That camera is pro.

We have the exact same one at the agency here. We use it for making concepts for presentations. I've taken better "rough" photos with that, than some of the professional stuff we pay 20k for.:lol:
so have you taken the camera off of 'auto' yet?
darkpuppet,Jul 14 2005, 09:15 AM Wrote:so have you taken the camera off of 'auto' yet?
[right][snapback]122092[/snapback][/right]

PAHLEASE....

Like she will even let him touch it.
Pages: 1 2 3