FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Electrical Fire At The Office Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the day started like any other. Everyone piled into the office, people grabbin coffee, and some water cooler chat.

Adam (NOS2Go4me) and I were talking bout his bitch of a motherboard when suddenly we hear this loud crackle. Thought for a second it was our network servers going for a dump. Then 2 seconds later the lights go out. Weird...

At first, we thought it was just a busted breaker, no biggie. Then 2 seconds later, all the power goes down, lights and all. :ph34r:

So I looked outside and their were fire trucks at our office and everything. Maybe the fire alarm got set off.

Well, one thing led to another and before we knew it, firetrucks were on site, cops were blocking the street, and we were told to go home for the day.

Seems there was an Electrical fire in the building just right of us and the result of that fire knocked out some transformers on the poles near the office.

So in the end, I'm sitting here at home while NOS had to stay and look after the computer system when the fire marshall lets people back in. Poor guy. :P

What an exciting morning. I think I'm going to hit the pub. :beer:
Oh, was that what caused the rolling black outs in Brampton? or is this different?
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 09:53 AM Wrote:Oh, was that what caused the rolling black outs in Brampton? or is this different?
[right][snapback]121697[/snapback][/right]

Maybe the rolling blackouts caused this fire.
I told you guys that niteshit was going to cause blackouts.

No one listens to me
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 13 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 09:53 AM Wrote:Oh, was that what caused the rolling black outs in Brampton? or is this different?

[right][snapback]121698[/snapback][/right]
Perhaps.

Here's hoping our power goes out and I get to go home as soon as I get to the office. I don't start for 2 hours... but I have to leave very soon....

I hate the TTC>
meford4u,Jul 13 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:I told you guys that niteshit was going to cause blackouts.

No one listens to me
[right][snapback]121699[/snapback][/right]
:rofl:

That's why NOS is still there.
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 13 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]121698[/snapback][/right]
Perhaps.

Here's hoping our power goes out and I get to go home as soon as I get to the office. I don't start for 2 hours... but I have to leave very soon....

I hate the TTC>
[right][snapback]121701[/snapback][/right]

God no... if we lose power here in Mississauga today I'm screwed. I have clients coming in today that I need to be able to see and do paperwork for :blink:

But if we're gonna lose power anytime so far this summer here, chances are it would be today. 9AM when I left the temperature was already 26C and 31C with the humidity. Supposed to hit 34C & 42C with the humidity :puke:

NefCanuck
Yay! I get walk in that at noon!
Though only 1 km
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:Yay! I get walk in that at noon!
Though only 1 km
[right][snapback]121711[/snapback][/right]

If last night at the gym is any idication, you don't wanna be walking out in that at all unless you have plenty of liquid.

NefCanuck
(Noticed many unfamilar faces in the gym last night, heat driving people indoors to work out in a/c and get sweaty... :blink: )
I walk the 1 km or more everyday cuz the TTC doesn't go where I work.
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 10:13 AM Wrote:I walk the 1 km or more everyday cuz the TTC doesn't go where I work.
[right][snapback]121717[/snapback][/right]

Ouch, no wonder yer thinking about a car. That 1km walk is healthy for you but every day? -shudder-

NefCanuck
Wow, what a morning! That sucks.
The only exciting thing that has happened to me in the past two years at my work is my deep fryer caught on fire, so I pulled the pin and about three fire trucks came.
UPS + wireless access via UPS-supported hardware > me.

I'm still at the office - come back and bring some music! Sara has our Focus :(

On the bright side, I'm getting paid to sit here, and we're getting a free lunch out of the deal.

Might get to go home by about 1PM or so... in the meantime, we're sitting around shooting the s**t about whatever.
I think theyre doing rollin blackouts in orleans also.

Just lost power for about 15 minutes...
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 13 2005, 11:13 AM Wrote:UPS + wireless access via UPS-supported hardware > me.

I'm still at the office - come back and bring some music! Sara has our Focus :(

On the bright side, I'm getting paid to sit here, and we're getting a free lunch out of the deal.

Might get to go home by about 1PM or so... in the meantime, we're sitting around shooting the s**t about whatever.
[right][snapback]121740[/snapback][/right]
hahh so you want music eh... whats in it for me? :icon_mrgreen:
NefCanuck,Jul 13 2005, 10:16 AM Wrote:
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 10:13 AM Wrote:I walk the 1 km or more everyday cuz the TTC doesn't go where I work.
[right][snapback]121717[/snapback][/right]

Ouch, no wonder yer thinking about a car. That 1km walk is healthy for you but every day? -shudder-

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]121720[/snapback][/right]
Today was worse because I found out that you can't get off a bus and then get back on. The "transfer" is useless. So I had to walk from Terminal 3 today to work... which took like 30-40 minutes... hurrah! F*CK YOU TTC

I want a car NOW.
dof! i hope mississauga doesnt have rolling blackouts. i'm trying to encode a bunch of avi's to dvd today :(
scoobasteve,Jul 13 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:dof! i hope mississauga doesnt have rolling blackouts. i'm trying to encode a bunch of avi's to dvd today :(
[right][snapback]121796[/snapback][/right]

We escaped unscathed today, let's see how long our luck holds (I was panicking in the back of my mind as I was completing forms for a client today, didn't help that they brought their kid into my office and he couldn't stay quiet for more than 30 seconds :angry: )

NefCanuck
scoobasteve,Jul 13 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:dof! i hope mississauga doesnt have rolling blackouts. i'm trying to encode a bunch of avi's to dvd today :(
[right][snapback]121796[/snapback][/right]

do what I do, and daisy chain 3 or more APC Power Backups together.