FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wow, Microsoft's Out To Ruin My Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installed the nice shiny new trial edition of XP Pro 64-bit, or so I thought. WHOOPS - the cd key I have doesn't work, because I guess the final trial keys don't work with a Release Candidate install. Fack.

Install Server 2003 64-bit. Same freaking thing. Why can't I burn what I download like every other Internet moron?

Install Server 2003 Enterprise Edition trial version (180-day license). On a NForce 4 SLI-based board. With no official support from Nvidia. Thanks Nvidia. BUT, they have support for XP Pro 64-bit and Server 2003 64-bit. Pricks. What dam donut-munching, ballsack-scratching, boss-blowing retard came up with that one?

So no sound, only one network card... at least the GD video card drivers on this GeForce 6200 installed. :rolleyes:

Guess what I'm burning first thing in the morning?

To paraphrase Meford, Bill Gates = King Fuktard.

That is all.
Because sometimes the computer nerds dont know f-all when it comes to the warez scene. ;)

Ive had and tried both of those operating systems you listed.. and another kind of win64 pro.. corp .. something ... they all suck still. No support.

Dan waits.
Oh they're fine, I just had one copy of one and a serial for another.

We just lost power at work and I get to go home after working for all of 15 minutes today. YES!

After I shut the rest of the servers down...

EDIT - I'm on a kickass UPS solution, hence the ability to type this from work :)
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 13 2005, 12:18 AM Wrote:Installed the nice shiny new trial edition of XP Pro 64-bit, or so I thought. WHOOPS - the cd key I have doesn't work, because I guess the final trial keys don't work with a Release Candidate install. Fack.

Install Server 2003 64-bit. Same freaking thing. Why can't I burn what I download like every other Internet moron?

Install Server 2003 Enterprise Edition trial version (180-day license). On a NForce 4 SLI-based board. With no official support from Nvidia. Thanks Nvidia. BUT, they have support for XP Pro 64-bit and Server 2003 64-bit. Pricks. What dam donut-munching, ballsack-scratching, boss-blowing retard came up with that one?

So no sound, only one network card... at least the GD video card drivers on this GeForce 6200 installed. :rolleyes:

Guess what I'm burning first thing in the morning?

To paraphrase Meford, Bill Gates = King Fuktard.

That is all.
[right][snapback]121652[/snapback][/right]

That's the hassle when you're trying to run "bleeding edge" OS'es on hardware from manufacturers that don't always stand behind their products <_<

Server '03 Enterprise Edition isn't a "consumer level" OS so it doesn't surprise me that Nvidia wouldn't support it on their board. Why Server '03 64 bit supports it? I suspect a common code base with XP Pro 64 bit. It amazes me that they get away with this s**t, but it doesn't surprise me.

That's why I'm always wary of installing the "latest & greatest" OS or utility on my machine. I need to work, not futz around for hours trying to make it work :angry:

NefCanuck
To clarify, it's Nvidia's fault, not MS's. I was just bitching.

And MAN there are a lot of technophobes out there. Windows 95 OEM copies, anyone? :rolleyes:

I guess my nice, new and cheap VoIP solution is supported by the DEVIL too eh?
Xp 64 sucks soooo bad :(