FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Digital Camera Guru?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want to get fisheye lens for my 40d but budget is tight, searched on ebay and found fisheye attachment for under $100..
what is difference btw .22x and .42x??
i tried google some sample pictures but couldn't find any..

i used have 1 for old old canon..and liked it..

nvm, figured it out..
Well, it's just a screw on adapter. I've used one before, fun for about 10 minutes.

What you need to remember is that every peice of glass you put in front of your lens will decrease image quality, in the case of thread on "fish eye" adapters you'll get a HUGE loss in quality. The other downside of them is that you'll lose light with it, so you'll be more likely to suffer from shake induced blur. If you're good with all that, then to answer your question:
The .22X and .44X are the magnification factors. So if you're shooting with the 18-55mm kit lens you're looking a making it equivelent to a 4mm-12mm with the .22x and an 8mm-24mm with the .44x. Don't forget though, you'll get MASSIVE vingetting when shooting at the wider angles.

The best bang for the buck out there for a fish-eye would be this
http://cgi.ebay.ca/FISHEYE-Peleng-8mm-3-5-...%3A1%7C294%3A50

You still get decent quality and an actual 8mm fish. Beware the cheap screw on adapters, you'll get what you pay for.

Hope this helps!
-George
Haha .. seems I took too long typing :P
lol thanks for reply..

i don't know..i had screw on type before..and liked it for the money..
like this shot..this one was done with powershot g3..
[Image: tint.jpg]

i know there is vignetting, but i do it by taking pictures thinking of cropping later on PS..
Ya that's a great shot Kona. And Canon is the way to go! :)
euro_zx5,May 22 2009, 02:09 PM Wrote:Ya that's a great shot Kona. And NIKON is the way to go! :)
[right][snapback]287813[/snapback][/right]

qft! ;)
that shot was done 4 yrs ago..

should be better with 40d..and i m off to shopping on ebay to get screw on lens!