FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: St170 On A White Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is my car with the ST170 i installed last night...I was going to wait and post up my car with full kit painted but that wont be happening until Aug 15 now.
[Image: 861303_10_full.jpg]
[Image: 861303_11_full.jpg]
nice B) clean :)
i cant make up my mind, i dunno if i wwant those light or the hellas
Trust me when I say go with ST170 lights, they look great on a focus, and have less problems then hellas.
Yea id go ST170 or 2002 Euro if u want chrome instead of mate black. They look amazing and give such good light and are pritty easy to install. Took me about an hour mainly because i had to run to Canadian Tire to pickup more wire connectors lol. But an hour or less for sure.
Looks awesome on the white. I think those are the best looking headlights available for the focus..
love the headlights, but have a hard time seeing which grilles you have,. is it a euro upper/lower combo? i cant tell too well, too dark.
Frost__2001,Jul 12 2005, 12:19 AM Wrote:Trust me when I say go with ST170 lights, they look great on a focus, and have less problems then hellas.
[right][snapback]121313[/snapback][/right]

Your a special case :P

I've NEVER heard of anyone other than you having problems witt the Focus Hellas.
My hellas work fine too...I think these ebay crap lights give them a bad name.
hardk0re,Jul 12 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:My hellas work fine too...I think these ebay crap lights give them a bad name.
[right][snapback]121377[/snapback][/right]

me to, though I think Mike's projectors are actual hellas.

Whoever originally hooked them up must have really done a messy job, Mike was running around all over the place trying to get those things to work properly, but from what I understand, they are working great now. :D

And with Machs and ST170's, don't you have to change the wiring harness??? I'm really not sure.....I know with the Machs its a little more than just plug and play, which my hellas were just that, open hood, intsall them, plug them in, and turn them on. Done. One of the easiest installs I've even done. B)
I heard the Machs need a new harness and the ST170s don't... or was it the other way around. All I know for sure is that one of them is plug-n-play.

And that's a tight looking car. Euro upper, stock lower grille no?
I believe the mach HIDs and the 2002-04 Euro lights use the same VW harness (since they're made by Hella), only I think there is some slight difference in wiring (city light and signal light reversed or something). So the install would be basically the same..
Looks sweet, now all you need is the JMS front lip and the front end is done.
I keep starring at your wheels.

sex
yeah those wheels are sexay, and those light look uber good also
Looking good!
Its a totally different wiring harness for these headlights but its not hard if u use wireless connectors. Also being an electrician might have me thinking it was too easy...and i didnt want city/ park light on so i just cut that wire out( yellow bulb on always bugged me). Yellow is only meant for turning thats it.

Alot of ppl like these rims and now with the headlights i get some heads turning. Puts a little smile on my face.

And paolo the upper is 98-01 Euro Grill the botton will match once the 98-01 Euro bumper is painted and put on. As for right now its stock.
it wasn't bad making the harness for the mach lights.. those plug in VW wires sure make the job easy
The ST- 170 small amber light
(front closest to the car centreline)
:blink: is a driving light?
(Parking light)
Penwraith,Jul 13 2005, 05:51 AM Wrote:The ST- 170 small amber light
(front closest to the car centreline)
:blink:  is a driving light?
(Parking light)
[right][snapback]121677[/snapback][/right]

No that would be the signal light. I think the city light is just a 194-sized bulb that's in the reflector for the either the lows or the highs.
Pages: 1 2