FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fully Vertical....finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You either like it or you dont. I love it!!

Got the one done today. Took about 8 hours and requires quite a bit of work on the fender. Its still not perfect shutting but its dam near to perfection. End of the day all I can say is bolting a turbo or S/C on is so much easier lol.

Next week we are doing the other door. Should take much less time since we will no what we are doing. Just winged it on this one. LOL

[Image: 09-07-05_2337.jpg]

[Image: 10-07-05_0115.jpg]

[Image: 10-07-05_2106.jpg]

[Image: 10-07-05_2158.jpg]

[Image: 10-07-05_2202.jpg]

There is room for tuns of adjustment so it depends how much fender work you want to do. I set mine back so there isnt much room how ever it still didnt stop my buddy who is about 5'7 from getting in and out.

We even had Cumsey demonstrate and he is bigger guy. This is how far the door can open before it goes up. How ever I made it smaller for my liking.

[Image: 10-07-05_0113.jpg]

I did it thow just to be different.

I dunno if I would do it again on my next car. Requires alot of work for my liking lol but thats just because im a lazy mofo.
looks really good i like it, whats really wierd is, i was looking at some body kits today and lambo doors just poped up in my head. i wanted to find some zx3's with the doors and no luck....but i found one and it looks awesome
I'm lovin' it!!! I really like them doors!! I would do it but I don't have the money for something like that right now!!

Can't wait to see it complete!!
"I'm a believer!" Shweet!!
If you dig it... that's all that matters.
ANTHONYD,Jul 11 2005, 12:30 PM Wrote:If you dig it... that's all that matters.
[right][snapback]120967[/snapback][/right]

No no no. You've got it all wrong. If the chicks dig it, that's all that matters.
From the pictures it does not look like there is much space to slide under the door.

Do you have a picture looking directly perpendicular to the car or even 3/4 rear view?
That looks hardcore, Jay, and 20 times better than I expected it to! I'm not shitting you, either.

Well done man!
looks sweeeeet....

I couldn't see me having those doors but it sure does look nice...
Looks great Jay, can't wait to see them both done and see them in person!! Let's see if I can get into the car, with my height that should be a good test.
[Image: 10-07-05_2205.jpg]
I saw a completely BONE stock neon rocking these. Some lady was dropping off her husband at the gorcery store and he opens the door upward....

I was like :blink: wheres the rest of the mods? Your still running 14" steelies??? :ph34r:
ZX3TUNR,Jul 11 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:[Image: 10-07-05_2205.jpg]
[right][snapback]121048[/snapback][/right]

Hey Jay,

Is that picture above with the door up ALL the way? Curious....
Nice looking job there. Makes me wonder about the feasibility of "suicide doors" on a Focus sedan myself :P

NefCanuck
TIn that pic the door is down a bit.

I adjusted it so the door doesnt open as far as it is capable of doing. It would be intereting seeing you trying to get in but dont think you would have to much problem.

How tall are you again? Like 7 feet?
looks really good jay! lovin the fact that you only have one done too :P
so that picture of your buddy in the door...does it open OUT that far, and then swing up?

whats the reason for not making it raise all the way that they were made for...

im on the fence...gotta come up to toon to see it in person B)
ZX3TUNR,Jul 11 2005, 10:06 AM Wrote:TIn that pic the door is down a bit.

I adjusted it so the door doesnt open as far as it is capable of doing. It would be intereting seeing you trying to get in but dont think you would have to much problem.

How tall are you again? Like 7 feet?
[right][snapback]121056[/snapback][/right]

6'4" - 6'5" or so....
How much dop those kits cost?
$1500 for the kit
Pages: 1 2