FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Showdown Update?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

01-yellow-ZX3

So, whos going to Showdown guys?

I expect a happenin party to be put on by the locals, with lotsa biatches!

01-yellow-ZX3,Jul 11 2005 Wrote:So, whos going to Showdown guys?

[right][snapback]120895[/snapback][/right]

I can't go, i dont have a FC.net T-shirt to wear :ph34r:
Showdown? No idea what that is...
And, why do you have to have a T-shirt?
Sorry, newbie!
I don't know if it's still a go, last time I talked to Jarrod there wasn't much for entries but check with him since he's putting it on. (FOCIS8NT).

01-yellow-ZX3

FociPhil,Jul 10 2005, 07:15 PM Wrote:
01-yellow-ZX3,Jul 11 2005 Wrote:So, whos going to Showdown guys?

[right][snapback]120895[/snapback][/right]

I can't go, i dont have a FC.net T-shirt to wear :ph34r:
[right][snapback]120908[/snapback][/right]

Haha, good one. :lol:

You'll have it by then, don't worry.

Jarrod - whats the pregregistration numbers lookin like?
There is a different show happenign in August, Might just merge jarrods show with that one. Im not sure what hes doings either :S
I think the registration was a little early, nobody likes to enter something that far in advance, especially when there is a fee.. because of something like this happening, nobody else registers and then the show gets put off and they already put up cash.

Is it going to be on a Saturday? If so I'll be there spectating.
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 11 2005, 03:55 AM Wrote:Showdown? No idea what that is...
Sorry, newbie!
[right][snapback]120942[/snapback][/right]

1. its a car show that happening in Saskatchewan.
2. You dont have to have a t-shirt, we had focuscanada t-shirts made, i gues its one of those "you had to be there" jokes...

want s'more? some more of what??

You're killing me Smalls, your really killing me...
FociPhil,Jul 11 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 11 2005, 03:55 AM Wrote:Showdown? No idea what that is...
Sorry, newbie!
[right][snapback]120942[/snapback][/right]

1. its a car show that happening in Saskatchewan.
2. You dont have to have a t-shirt, we had focuscanada t-shirts made, i gues its one of those "you had to be there" jokes...

want s'more? some more of what??

You're killing me Smalls, your really killing me...
[right][snapback]121135[/snapback][/right]

Thank you! I don't even live close to there, so this doesn't refer to me :D
Here you go. This is going to be a good one.

We are planning a car show for Aug. 13th at Brews and Cues. Brews and Cues is located on 6823 Rochdale Bvld. The registration fee will be $10 for early bird(before July 30th) or $15 after July 30th. There will be an awesome prize draw for the early bird entries. The show will run from 12:00 - 5:00 with prizes being given out at 5:30. From 8:00 on all those that are of legal drinking age are welcome to head into Brews and Cues for the beers part of the show. There will be many prizes at the show as well as models and a car wash. With parts of proceeds going to a charity. E-mail kowalykm@gmail.com with pictures of your car as well as your name and a list of modifications done to it. If you do not have a picture you can swing by the shop (1001 Winnipeg street in Regina, Sask) and we will take pictures of it for you. We are currently looking for sponsors to provide door prizes or whatever else they can do to help out with this show, if you are interested in sponsoring it contact contact@cubed.ca.
CANCELLED
guilty,Jul 11 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:I think the registration was a little early, nobody likes to enter something that far in advance, especially when there is a fee.. because of something like this happening, nobody else registers and then the show gets put off and they already put up cash.

Is it going to be on a Saturday?  If so I'll be there spectating.
[right][snapback]121125[/snapback][/right]

most registration for bigger shows start a year in advance.

this would of been a big show. The one in August os going to be a nice one.
ZX3TUNR,Jul 11 2005, 11:36 PM Wrote:most registration for bigger shows start a year in advance.

this would of been a big show. The one in August os going to be a nice one.
[right][snapback]121321[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but bigger shows are guaranteed to happen, whereas a lot of stuff around here tends to get put off or cancelled due to lack of people (I guess this is a good example). It's probably better to have 1 huge show rather than 2 different smaller ones anyway, the one in August should be good.
in either case I booked off now the 13th of Aug, so now I'll just clean my car on the 30th meh.
I'm pretty sure I'll be around for the 13th also.....
lets see..lets take 50ppl that should enter into a car show...and have 40 of them say wel I will go but if it sux i am definatly not entering...what a vicous cycle...then only 10 enter hoping it will be big while 40 ppl ruin it for everyone else...know what I am saying. How are u supposed to start a big car show when nobody wants to f'n enter until they see it first.....its not like I am some joe shmoe in the car community and just decided to have a car show...pisses me off
FociS8nt,Jul 12 2005, 07:58 PM Wrote:How are u supposed to start a big car show when nobody wants to f'n enter until they see it first.....its not like I am some joe shmoe in the car community and just decided to have a car show...pisses me off
[right][snapback]121614[/snapback][/right]

I totally get what you mean Jarrod, people wont put their money down on entering a show or whatever that hasnt proved itself. There have been too many shitty small-time shows around the city where it's just a group of friends with their cars in a parking lot, nothing they dont do every weekend already anyway.

You kind of need to have a show with some really cool cars and some good sponsors with good prizes, then people will see the show and wish they had entered.. then they'd enter the one the next year.
but how to get cars to enter a brand new show is the hard part lol...they are the ones that wanna see it first
FociS8nt,Jul 13 2005, 12:54 PM Wrote:but how to get cars to enter a brand new show is the hard part lol...they are the ones that wanna see it first
[right][snapback]121841[/snapback][/right]
some sort of incentive.. door prizes.. who dah hell knows. watever it takes to get people to enter. Then next time around more people will go and so on.
Saskatchewan its self is a disgrace to the sport compact scene.

Even last year. Sport Compacts Nights. One of the biggest and most know shows in Canada. These guys are huge in the scene. Even thow it was fun the show wasnt a success and becuase of that they are not having there shows in Sask anymore :(

Incentives dont do s**t. Example Sport Compcts Nights. As soon as you got there didnt even have time to get your car in the arena and they were all ready handing you free s**t (Alpine shirts, Meguiars stuff and stickers). They could of labeled all there ads with enter and get free stuff. People still wouldnt of entered.

The Cubed show is gunna be sweet though ;)
Pages: 1 2