FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Wheels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So ya, the wagon has moved on.
Here's the new wheels....

[Image: IMG00032-20090516-1559.jpg]

'09 Rabbit, 20,000km, standard, sport suspension option, bi-xenon auto-leveling, a boat load of options heated seats/mirrors, power everything it seems. And the 5cyl, 2.5L is a blast to drive.
Fawk u 2
j3rt,May 21 2009, 04:24 PM Wrote:So ya, the wagon has moved on.
Here's the new wheels....

[Image: IMG00032-20090516-1559.jpg]

'09 Rabbit, 20,000km, standard, sport suspension option, bi-xenon auto-leveling, a boat load of options heated seats/mirrors, power everything it seems.  And the 5cyl, 2.5L is a blast to drive.
[right][snapback]287721[/snapback][/right]

Should have bought a Ford??? :iono:

Now you got Meford all uppity again.
Is that a City Golf? Why didn't you go for the Rabbit GTI? Nice car though, VW's run forever.
It's the Rabbit, above the City Golf/Jetta line, and just below the GTI.
GTI have terrible reliability records. Rabbit scored above average.

And I would buy a Ford again, but I couldn't find a wagon or 5dr hatch in the new lineup. Terrible mistake only releasing sedans & 2 drs in the lower end price range. The Flex & Edge are too big, and I'm not a fan of the new Escape body.
The 5cyl is garbage on gas no need for a comuter car like that to have a 2.5
ZX3_2NV,May 22 2009, 10:52 AM Wrote:The 5cyl is garbage on gas no need for a comuter car like that to have a 2.5
[right][snapback]287787[/snapback][/right]

I have a couple freinds with the 2.5's and they're very comparable to my, focus. I do a touch better on fuel in the city and they do a touch better on the highway.
I like it and totally agree with Jeremy saying it was a mistake to get rid of the 5 door Foucs be it in hatch or wagon form.

A 2.5L is overkill for a commuter car? I guess I am old and grew up on massive V8's and besides that look how many people commute in SUV's. The Rabbit is totally sensible by comparison.
My friends sis just picked up a new one 2 days ago and her insurance with StateFarm pretty much tripled.
She went from a 2001 Cavalier 2 door to the same thing you have but new.
Nice cars but I'd wait for the RS!!!!! :D
I never said this car was going to comparable in gas consumption to my wagon. Anyone thinking it would be is very mistaken. What I can do is have the AC on, and pass a car without planning it 5km down the road.

As DD1 once said here " You have to pay to play". I track all my vehicle expenses, I'll post comparables after 3 months of ownership.
j3rt,May 22 2009, 12:12 PM Wrote:I never said this car was going to comparable in gas consumption to my wagon.  Anyone thinking it would be is very mistaken.  What I can do is have the AC on, and pass a car without planning it 5km down the road.

As DD1 once said here " You have to pay to play".  I track all my vehicle expenses, I'll post comparables after 3 months of ownership.
[right][snapback]287803[/snapback][/right]

i know there was someone reading y sh!t with an open mind.... If you can afford that nice car then an extra 20-30 bucks a week ain't sh!t

Thumbsup B)