FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hurricane Dennis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow..

this thing is massive...I have friends that live near Orange Beach, which is within 50 miles of Pensicola Florida and it looks like this enormous storm is gonna devastate this area. They are saying that as many as 10 million people could be affected and manditory evactuations have been ordered since yesterday afternoon.

140+ MPH winds and a path that with spread brutal weather over at least 4 states, is expected to make landfall between 3 and 5 pm this afternoon..

My buddy Andrew is saying that the rain and wind is getting stronger every5-10 minutes and then it gets calm and then windy and very quiet....He is a local meterologist and has dedicated himself to tracking these things..

Please pray for my friend and everyone down there,,,this one looks like it will be bad!!
Y'know, places like that, Jamaica, Cuba, the RD (Dominican)... they're gorgeous. Coastlines are great, beautiful palm trees, etc etc.

However, when you're making yourself live through storm after storm... either build a better house, or move.

More money is wasted on rebuilding these places than I can really count, and we wonder why insurance premiums on all fronts are going up steadily.

I'm not saying we shouldn't help them, I'm just saying you don't build a house in the middle of a lava flow field, or in the Antarctic just because "the view's spectacular, and there's noone around for miles".

A hurricane is just another destructive force of nature. Why keep rebuilding in the path of something you know is going to eradicate you next year?
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 10 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:Y'know, places like that, Jamaica, Cuba, the RD (Dominican)... they're gorgeous. Coastlines are great, beautiful palm trees, etc etc.

However, when you're making yourself live through storm after storm... either build a better house, or move.

More money is wasted on rebuilding these places than I can really count, and we wonder why insurance premiums on all fronts are going up steadily.

I'm not saying we shouldn't help them, I'm just saying you don't build a house in the middle of a lava flow field, or in the Antarctic just because "the view's spectacular, and there's noone around for miles".

A hurricane is just another destructive force of nature. Why keep rebuilding in the path of something you know is going to eradicate you next year?
[right][snapback]120836[/snapback][/right]

I heard all houses as of 1992 in florida have to be built out of cemenet (foudation and walls)and reinforced with rebar
My bro mitch is down in fla and alabama(sp) dropping off some of the race motors to bennetts I told him to watch for the big wave
Wow! I haven't really heard much on it... until now. Thats terrible!
i was used to them...and believe me they are scary....
just pray that nothing happens to your friends.