FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tonight At My Neighbours...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of you know my neighbour has been building a replica lambourghini diablo roadster since fall 2004 from just a pile of metal and some fiberglass parts ... Anyways, that project is 99% complete.. A full, ground up replica using the actual chassis plans lambos use.

Lately all these guys with fancy cars have been comming to check it out... Tonight this super rich guy came.

He has a huge collection of cars and a climit controlled storage area for all of them (lucky bastard :lol: ) ... Some of the cars include Porsche gt2, Lambourghini Gallardo, 3 Ferraris (1 being a 360 which I LOVE), and more... with the highlight being Nicolas Cage' Shelby Mustang that he said he paid 700,000 for. :o

Anyways, tonight he was going to come by in his Ferrari but he came in a new car he bought, his Mercedes CLS 55 AMG. Almost 470hp and 520tq, quarter mile in 12.2 ... packaged in a 4 door sedan. Aparently its his wifes car.. ha ha .. And she will be at Mosport racing on Thursday in it for charity.

He brought it into the middle of the street and wanted to show us how easy it was to do a burnout. Traction control off, no bliping, no reving and droping.... He just floored it and the car stayed in the same spot spinning the tires. It honestly didnt move an inch forward.... I was so shocked. He let off a little and went about 5 houses down my street with a huge cloud of smoke following him leaving a nice trail of rubber behind.

He told me all these stories from the 2004 gumball rally, he took is gt2 to participate... hes banned from 4 or 5 states for 5 years right now ... he was having a blast telling me about it.

Crazy.... Just nuts that these people are out there with so much money and all these cars.

Anyways... If anyone wants to check out my neighbours lambo build, its gone Saturday so if your in the Etobicoke area sometime lemme know and come take a look.

Heres his site if you want to check out what they do.... Im over at my neighbours anytime I can, and its been a huge learning experience.

http://www.kwikercars.com/
This story is so random yes... But it made me remember how much I used to love love cars....

I came in here all pumped up about cars and I dont really post on anymore car forums except here.
Those CSL are a beautiful car.
:o did he even make the frame him self ....WOW...theres alota work into one of thease
I am going to have to make my way back up there again sometime :D Lucky man though, gallardo,gt2.360 etc... Wow what i would give for one of those cars :)
_JC_,Jul 6 2005, 03:52 AM Wrote::o  did he even make the frame  him self ....WOW...theres alota work into  one of thease
[right][snapback]119614[/snapback][/right]

Everything .. haha .. We were talking tonight about when I helped them carry all the metal into the garage so he could start welding... Literally from a pile of metal it turned into a lambo...

Makes adding a turbo kit look like childsplay.

Jim and Trez are great guys .. maybe itll take off one day and they can offer me a fulltime job... *dreams*

Edit .. I should add .. the replica lambo sells for over 100,000 and is going to the owner of GTA Rentals, who is going to rent it out. (He also owns a real one of his own, and a ferrari.)
That's too cool. I've seen good replicas done over the years, and I've seen some pretty shitty ones too.

No pics? :P

As for the CLS 55 AMG... *drool farm*

Even if I won the lottery I'd never buy one, but they're nice all the same. Super nice.
Yeah, sure puts into perspecive how easy a spring install really is huh? :blink:
ANTHONYD,Jul 6 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:Yeah, sure puts into perspecive how easy a spring install really is huh? :blink:
[right][snapback]119650[/snapback][/right]

Just as long as the bushing hasn't seized. :lol:

Great looking car though, all that work is crazy.
Dan..this guy that has the GT2, the ferrari, and the the wifes benz...does he own a construction company?? Was the Benz black?

Sounds like this guy that would come rent movies from me in Maple...the porshe is his winter car, becuase its AWD !!

crazyness!
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 6 2005, 11:35 AM Wrote:That's too cool. I've seen good replicas done over the years, and I've seen some pretty shitty ones too.

I posted the site for a reason.... Look at the first post again.

Very early stage... Right infront of my house..
[Image: DSC00013a.JPG]
:bowdown:

:blink:

Amazing work

I'd be at his house everyday. :D
tdot-zx3,Jul 6 2005, 12: Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 6 2005, 11:35 AM Wrote:That's too cool. I've seen good replicas done over the years, and I've seen some pretty shitty ones too.

I posted the site for a reason.... Look at the first post again.

Very early stage... Right infront of my house..
[Image: DSC00013a.JPG]
[right][snapback]119723[/snapback][/right]

I meant of the AMG :P

I went through the site, they're godlike. I'm so jealous. :D
Oh man!!!!

that is so freakin' awesome!!!! I wish I had the money, time, and wherewithall to do something like this... if it could keep my attention for more than a day, I would have a freakin' ball.

I'd love to just design and build my own supercar... .I can rip off proven geometry to pull it off I figure.
Hmmm, I think I'll look into doing something like this, put my new Tig welder to good work. :)
what time are they coming over? i will be in the area tonite so i may stop by.
wow damn. that's so cool.

i want to be uber rich and have a CLS55 as a daily driver too... i should get back to work instead of posting :ph34r:
So the only way u know its not a replica is under the hood...amazing is it close to the speed of the real deal.
FocusTunerzx3,Jul 7 2005, 03:22 AM Wrote:So the only way u know its not a replica is under the hood...amazing is it close to the speed of the real deal.
[right][snapback]119862[/snapback][/right]

Under the hood is pretty real looking ... all the stock stickers .. fiberglass engine cover like the real one ...

Most people on this site would NOT be able to spot its a replica... its that good. Went for a drive in it tonight and filmed some flybys for them ... its awsome. That chassis is SOOOOOO stiff. Man, it sticks to the floor like glue, and ive been in alot of race prep'd cars and the such, but not many felt like this one.
I need chassis plans. :o