FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got A Rediculous Quote On Resonator Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Im now running a DC race header and a Magnaflow cat-back on my SIR. The setup feels real nice however it sounds just like a fart launcing 1.6 litre civic. So anyways I took it to a shop here in Ottawa to look at getting a second (larger) resonator installed (just like I did with my focus)

Anyways the shops name was Robson Racing, and altough the staff were very very proffessional (taking at least 20 digi pics of my exhaust, measuring clearance and what not) the quote they gave me had me in stitches:

22" resonator installed on my existing mid-pipe (pipe needed to be cut in one spot, turned and re-welded). Grand total: $869 w/ tax.

I was like "you dumb fuks... the header cost me $310, and the full cat-back cost me $320"

So anyways to make a long story short I got home and ordered a 22" magnaflow resonator off of hottexhaust.com for $52, and Ill be taking it somewhere else to get installed. Anybody have any reccomendations for a shop here in Ottawa?

-P@

If you find one, let me know.

BerinG seems to have a good shop in Gatineau....there the ones that did all his piping for his turbo.
hahaha thats awsome ..... Way to go shop.

Cut cut and weld weld .. chaching!
if you need a resonator let me know what kind your after.

I can see what my "hookups" can get you ;)

if your stuff is SS they may charge more. Some shop do that here because there lazy facks and find it tougher to cut. Res + install shouldnt cost you any more then $300. The one shop here charged my buddy $20 to weld it in.
Just to add, my buddy went there and had his suspension installed, he paid some crazy price. telling me they used 'lasor' tech to do the aligmment....lol

I'd try a Midas or a shop that specializes in exhausts (you know, the ones, that say Suspension, Exhaust, Brakes Specials ;) ). Theres one off of Riverside close to Montreal Rd....cant remeber the Street Name. I think its Mikes Garage or something like that. Its in front of a Loblaws Grocery Store.

He safetied the Justy...and well....he safetied the justy. :ph34r:

:lol:
Thier facking crazy, they using some new special welder or something and buddy wants to pay for it with a few jobs. What a Retard i would of laughed into his face and said fack you and left. :lol:
Anyone who charges more than standard labour, even on a stainless system, is on crack.
They probably figured you had no idea what you were doing.