FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The New Focus.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:I haven't driven the 2.0L or the 2.3L... are they that different Jason?

Drove a '05 SE with the 2.0 Duratec with auto... It was "peppy" I guess, having never driven an SPI or Zetec (130hp) I don't have much to compare it too.
I honestly dont find it much faster stock. Its just a better engine over all. Unlike the Zetec the 2.3L is a modding engine. You add some bolt ons and you actually gain power.

You can easily get the car over 200hp with out needing to do boost.
I have a CAI and 2.25" cat-back on my 2.0L Duratec, and it's amazing just what those two items did. I'm very impressed with how well the engine responds to modifications. :D
And here at track day Jason has decided to take on his Mom's new Focus to see if all that work he did was worthwhile. As they head to the line, Jason's Mom flips him the bird to set him off. As he sits there wondering WTF, his Mom takes off down the line and in the end kicks his ass all the way home to Calgary. jason becomes the laughing stock of Focus Canada and eventually closes down the site because he just can't take the backlash from his Mom any more.

Point.......................Don't race your Mom.
ZX3TUNR,Jul 4 2005, 06:57 PM Wrote:I honestly dont find it much faster stock. Its just a better engine over all. Unlike the Zetec the 2.3L is a modding engine. You add some bolt ons and you actually gain power.

You can easily get the car over 200hp with out needing to do boost.
[right][snapback]119257[/snapback][/right]

The 'packages' that focus sport sells, claim to make 200hp on the zetec....even one that says 230. :huh:
the packages on focus sport site made by cosworth are for the 2.3L duratec only. They have 3 levels. Stage 3 is like 230bhp.

How ever I allready raced 2.3L Duratec in a Mazda 3 and it was close. I also dont really have much done to my focus.

Full exahust, UDP, TB, Header, flex. None of those mod really create any crazy HP and you could prolly pick all those up for $1500. Not much at all. Wait till I get my new block and head built and shes boosted............lol one day :P
The Focus ST has a silver grille on it, regardless of body colour. I've driven 2 of them now, and I can say that the suspension is softer than the 1st gen ZX3...or at least it seems to have more body roll to it, and I think the Pirelli P6's that come on them standard hold the chasis and suspension back too. On the otherhand, the shiftgates on the gearbox feel more direct, and not as notchy...the clutch feels better, and the 2.3 engine likes to rev. It will also easily blow the doors off of my ZX3, even bone stock. The exhaust sounds good on them, and it looks like a knockoff of the MBRP exhaust, and the sound systems are nice in them too (even though it's sony...yuck...lol).

Nice score either way, and I'm waiting to see if your mom will let you mod that car too...I'm curious to see what the 05's are like with mods done to them. Might help to persuade my parents more easily to get one.

Oh yeah, refference the reliabilty issue others mentioned in this thread...only had 1 single problem with my car in 2 years, and it was only minor...the amount of highway driving I do has certainly convinced me of my car's durability...must've gotten one built on a tuesday, wednesday, or thursday...lol
I'd trade in the SPI on a 2 or 3 year-old ST for sure, provided I wanted to stay with 4 cyls down the road.

If the gas prices don't improve (decrease?) then that's looking more and more like a valid option.
oh no! jay, two focuses, which one is gonna be the test car :P haha
ST

[Image: 1881586_7_full.jpg]
The quick differences to a regular foci

Grille
Mirrors
Rims
Fog Light surrounds
2.3L
ST Badge
Colour Matched handle on trunk
Black on back bumper
Exhaust tip, no factory resonator
SVT seats

oh what else is there
Not bad for a stocker, but I'm still disliking the rear ends on the sedans the most.
Pages: 1 2