FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Um... Killed A Cobalt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know dick all about cobalts... but i definatly destroyed this one.
had the circular pod style taillights (wasn't a SS) so i thought it was supposed to be pretty fast...
I'm gonna chalk this one up to the driver absolutely sucking at shifting, though I never heard him skip a shift or anything, and he was DEFINATLY flooring it... (he was pissed at the next stoplight... and i destroyed him AGAIN)
yeah... and I have a SPI... didn't think i'd ever kill anything, but this was VERY onesided...
the non ss run about 145hp (crank). A stock ZX3 should be able to keep up with on no problem. Win/lose depends totally on driver.
hey, SPIs aren't as weak as people make them out to be, :lol:
I think he should re race. I dont think the out come would be the same.
ZX3TUNR,Jul 4 2005, 12:50 AM Wrote:I think he should re race. I dont think the out come would be the same.
[right][snapback]119093[/snapback][/right]

I read a comparo of a focus st and a few others cars and one was the cobalt and the st like walked all over it, no contest whatsoever. It was crazy the focus and cobalt were like even power wise but the st was alot faster, amazing how bad the cobalt did :lol:
ZX3TUNR,Jul 3 2005, 11:50 PM Wrote:I think he should re race. I dont think the out come would be the same.
we raced from 2 lights.... same outcome both times.
but its not an st, he drives an spi. These things have like 110 at the crank, so he is putting down less than 100 to the wheels man. I dunno, there musta been something going wrong. Was he launching in third?
The guy in the Cobalt could have been an utter newb, or if the SPI was manual and the Cobalt was autotragic... no contest. The shorter gear ratio spread of the manual would be enough to decimate an autotragic anything with 110-140HP. Gearing is all, especially off the line.
that must be some crazy short gearing in the spi and super long gears in the cobalt to make up for 35 crank hp though... and if my old zx3 was any indication.. the focus is NOT geared short....
im pretty sure the guy in the cobalt didnt know you were racing him...

and street racing is stupid.
FociPhil,Jul 4 2005, 12:57 PM Wrote:and street racing is stupid.
[right][snapback]119179[/snapback][/right]

Dammit, I was going to tell you about the time I street raced a 500SL :rolleyes:
Street racing isn't stupid. Street racing at the wrong time, wrong place, and with spectators is stupid.

Anyone who says they've never streetraced before obviously doesn't understand that it means ANY instance of speeding / competing with other drivers, and I guess no one has EVER hit it off a light or while rolling down the highway before :rolleyes:

And that makes any of your fathers / mothers who've streetraced in their youth QUITE stupid then, doesn't it?
* Aka is reminded of his first post.

:*(
just a reminder...
CheckMyVitals,Jul 3 2005, 10:21 PM Wrote:...I'm gonna chalk this one up to the driver absolutely sucking at shifting...
[right][snapback]119079[/snapback][/right]
and yes... the driver obviously knew he was racing. I'm not retarded.
Kool_ZX3,Jul 4 2005, 01:04 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Jul 4 2005, 12:50 AM Wrote:I think he should re race. I dont think the out come would be the same.

I read a comparo of a focus st and a few others cars and one was the cobalt and the st like walked all over it, no contest whatsoever. It was crazy the focus and cobalt were like even power wise but the st was alot faster, amazing how bad the cobalt did :lol:
[right][snapback]119095[/snapback][/right]

Cobalt= 145hp
ST= 152hp and this seems under rated as the same engine in the Mazda3 GT is 160hp.
stop racing LS cobalts and race LS integras y0
All hail the SPI engine! King of all :lol:
naz,Jul 4 2005, 01:59 PM Wrote:stop racing LS cobalts and race LS integras y0
[right][snapback]119201[/snapback][/right]

I agree... but you've gotta wait for them to call a 187 in Glendale so the cops can be all over it! :lol: :rofl:
Ugh...fast and furious quotes

"roads closed pizza boy, find another way home!"

I find the SPI pretty decent after you open up the intake and exhaust. Was that cobalt an auto or could you hear him going though gears? If it was an auto then i can understand the win but it wouldn't have been a walkthrough. 20% parasitic loss on the auto will not justify 45hp lost at the crank.

I know I destroy the 2.2L crapaliers (non ecotec) all day in my 4 door grocery getter but those 2.4's take me any day.
It's Need for Speed: Grocery Getters!

and just because everyone has street raced once in their life, doesn't mean it still isn't stupid.

because it still is stupid. Even more ridiculously stupid when it's an SPI that ends up crashing into some unsuspecting pedestrians.
Pages: 1 2