FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Any Help Would Be Nice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been looking into a dry sump oil system for the car

I have found one from ARE and it $2322 us now i have never seen or heard of anyone with one on a focus

if any one has seen one or knows of any one i just would like info on the set up

Now the guy at ARE has sold many of the dry sumps for the focus but has never installed one any i want to know what mod need to be made to get the pump to fit and how hard is it to install

there isn't much room on eather side of the block on the pass side un less i take out my A/C

so if any one could help me out that would be great

Dean
can i ask why you want to go with a dry sump oiling system. unless your doing hardcore racing there really isn't need for a dry sump. and there isn't a lot of bling factor in stuff you can't see.
Sorry to go off topic, but do you have the stock bottom end or have you upgraded that too?

I was just thinking that with the stock bottom end, boost and spray i'm not sure on the longevity that could be seen from the svt. I'm not knocking you, it would just be a shame to spend so much time and money and have you throw a rod....
Contact any company that uses the Duratec motor in the UK for Lotus 7 replicas they don't have the room for the stock pan and are forced to run a dry sump.

Lots and Lots of people run the setup over there. But why do you need it? Unless you tight on space with the relocation of the motor or plan to run the car at extreme angles or upside down there is no reason to go to all the expense.

When my car is upside down I generally have bigger things to worry about than my oil flow :lol:

I don't think you need this, maybe spend the cash on a J&S safeguard or something... Just get it done already summer is over, you don't want to wait until next summer do you?
wow, a dry sump system, you must be going for HUUUUGE power
hardk0re,Jun 30 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:When my car is upside down I generally have bigger things to worry about than my oil flow  :lol:
[right][snapback]118628[/snapback][/right]

no kidding. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Jun 30 2005, 03:45 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jun 30 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:When my car is upside down I generally have bigger things to worry about than my oil flow  :lol:
[right][snapback]118628[/snapback][/right]

no kidding. :lol:
[right][snapback]118702[/snapback][/right]

You would still have issues if your pick-up was in the wrong spot :lol: