FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: High Profile Civic Stolen - Cash Reward!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if its a repost but this would suck. I just copied and pasted off another site.

Trying to find any info on it...

stolen recently from keele & lawrence, Toronto in broad-daylight
more pics/specs available here RACEWORLD
1995 Honda Civic Hatchback
Colour GOLD
License Plate: "ITS OVER"-Ontario Plates

OWNER:

"I AM WILLING TO OFFER A $10,000CDN CASH REWARD TO ANYONE WHO CAN BRING ME BACK MY CIVIC IN ONE PIECE.

I WILL NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS AS TO HOW YOU GOT IT... I JUST WANT IT BACK.

IF YOU KNOW WHO HAS IT AND CAN PROOVE IT BY SENDING THE POLICE THERE TO ARREST THEM... I WILL SURELY BE VERY GENEROUS IN EXTENDING A REWARD YOUR WAY AS WELL...

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE EVERYONE... INSURANCE IS NOT COVERING THE VEHICLE... I DONT CARE IF THE PEOPLE WHO STOLE THE CARE ARE DRAGGED TO ME BEATEN HALF TO DEATH OR NOT... I WANT MY CAR... IF YOU KNOW WHO DID IT... I AM SURE THAT $10,000 IS ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU COUGH THEM UP

PM ME IN PRIVATE !

IN ADDITION ... IF PEOPLE CAN HELP ME POST THIS ON EVERY OTHER POSSIBLE FORUM BOARD WITH THE INFO ON MY STOLEN CAR I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP !

[Image: RWCivic.jpg]

[Image: RWCivic02.jpg]

Copy and pasted from a local forum:

"OK guys here is what happened...

I was at Taekwondo.. at Keele & Lawrence in toronto. I parked the car in an areas where I could actually watch the car. Now what happened next is what is ****ed up .. I look out hte window and the car is there.. I turn around and then look back and all of a sudden see the car speeding off.

I run after it, but no one would help me. They merely wouldnt chase after the car or help me... I last saw the car racing North on Keele street towards the highway.

I had 911 on the phone as I was running after them and they said let them go we are sending units to that area... that is the last I saw of my car.

THE ****ERS WHO STOLE MY CAR... IF YOU READ THIS...IF YOU KNOW ME YOU KNOW THAT I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO TRAcK YOU DOWN AND FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE... I WILL NEVER GIVE UP LOOKING FOR YOU...

I dont know how something like this could happen in broad daylight.. 4:09pm is the last time I saw the car.

If anyone has any information I will be sure to reward them extremely well AND I DO EMPHISISE EXTREMELY WELL... just one ting guys... if you hear anything or you know of someone who might have said something please tell me in confidence.

Insurance is not cvering the car... so I am ****ed. witha captial F

I cannot explain how I feel, Id rather get stabbed several times than have to go through this again."

"Here's what to look out for:

Engine

Full GSR Motor Conversion
Wiseco Pistons
Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
Greddy T4 Turbo Kit
Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
Nitrous Express Direct Intercooler Injector
Turbosmart Blow off Valve

Exterior Styling

VIS Styling Aero Dynamics Package ( Omega )
VIS Carbon Fiber Hood ( Invader )
Custom Molded Sides
VIS Custom Fenders
VIS Carbon Fiber Hatch
Dominique Designs Custom Airbrushed Exterior
GE Elusion under car Glory LED Kit

Wheels, Brakes & Performance

5 Zigen Fireball Exhaust
Progress Competition Lower rear stabilizer bars
AEM 13”Front Rotor Upgrade
AEM Drum to Disc 13” Slotted and cross drilled Conversion
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Performance Brake Pads
18” 5 Zigen MK5
Hankook Sport Compact Performance Radials - Ventus K104 line
Progress Competition Full Coil-over system"
i believe this is a repost, but who cares, this guy can use any help he can get
Hey I remember seeing that car at the Toronto Auto Show, thats a shame it got stolen, its too bad that its most likly in about 1000 different pieces by now. One guy from my school got his Civic stolen, it was a hatchback like that one and they found the frame 2 weeks later.....he had over $10,000 invested in that car.
s**t Im gunna start using the club again.

s**t I doubt I have to worry about a focus getting stolen but anything is possibel these days. I dunno what I would do if I my car stolen stock. Modified WOW. Cant even imagine.
best theft deterant, i believe, is a fuel pump power/cut off switch, hidden somewhere in the front seat
Haha, its a repost of my topic... too lazy to find it though
Well the plate really does say it all...it sure is over for this chump.

While I feel for the guy, he drove a billboard that stated to the world how much money he dumped into his car...

ZX3TUNR,Jun 30 2005, 12:36 AM Wrote:s**t Im gunna start using the club again.

s**t I doubt I have to worry about a focus getting stolen but anything is possibel these days. I dunno what I would do if I my car stolen stock. Modified WOW. Cant even imagine.
[right][snapback]118571[/snapback][/right]

That's where I'm lucky, most auto thieves these days are so stupid, they'd look at the interior of my car, see three pedals and an automatic shifter, go :wtf: and move on.

See? it pays to be disabled sometimes :P

NefCanuck
I've had a car stolen before, went through all the same things, Nissan 300zx...

But at least kelowna breeds some of the dumbest criminals.. I got the car back eventually . I heard from the towing company instead of the police. It was abandoned for two weeks not more than 15 minutes away from my house on some side street. The thieves stole my TAPE PLAYER but put gas in it, and the gas they put in was more than the TAPE PLAYER they stole was worth.

The second time it was just broken in to and they stole the least expensive thing in the car. I had an $400 alpine deck (newer high end), a really good kenwwod amp, a huge case full of about 100 cds, $10 in change in my ashtray.. and they steal my $20 eXcess cargo subs and nothing else. those things were probably too heavy and they had room for nothing else. ha!
He is sponsored from Hankook, rumor is half that crap on the car isn't even his.
Read the other thread... I bascially told the whole story.

Aparently he tried to chase after his car on foot down the street.. I would have PAID to see that.
I didn't think Dave could run that fast in high school... you're right, Dan, that would have been hilarious :D :lol:
really though, with all the money he wasted on his car, he sould have invested in something as simple as a monitered theift system like Boomarang, like gee's.......... it's 15 - 20 a month to moniter the car..
The boomerang system would be almost a must with any high profile car like that. What about even a basic security system? I didn't read about anything like that installed.. If I had a car with all that work done, I would be sure to install a two-way security system with back-up siren and back-up battery. Not to mention re-locating the hood latch. Throw in a fuel-cut off switch somewhere in the car to boot.

It would be next to impossible for a thief to steal a car with this level of protection or without tripping the alarm before being able to get to the guts of everything.

I used to have a Clifford system in my previous car, and it came with blackjax which even prevented car jackings. Once the door is opened and closed while the ignition is running, a timer is started, if the passcode is not entered using the hidden switch, the car will drive for a few minutes until the next stop. Then the car will die.. right at the stop sign/traffic light/etc.. No amount of turning the key or clicking the remote will re-start the car until the code is entered, the thief will DEFINITELY abandon (or wait for a cop to come and check it out :D ) and the thief will not be able to come for revenge cuz he/she is far enough.

Honda's are definitely targets for theft, and I don't believe it when people say "Why bother install an alarm, because if they want it badly enough they will get it," because it just isn't true.. and people should do whatever they can to protect their prized possessions..

that car is probably chilling in a garage somewhere.. and the parts of it will return to the 'civic world' over the next little while.. i wonder how much of the parts on this heavily modified cars are actually legit and how much are just the same stolen crap getting recycled from shady kid to shady shop
Most alarms are bypassed when you have the original key for failsafe measures, as they did in this case. For example, that alarm everyone and their mother has with the fancy 2 way that like 600 buck one... all that really gives you is a chance to go out and see your car drive away one last time because of the pager, it doesnt protect your car any better.

Most fancy dancy alarm systems are easily bypassed themselves. Which means its not the alarm, but the install that makes the alarm worthwhile/meaningful. Most alarms the way they are installed (without care) .. a simple cut or 2 disables the whole system.

If thieves want your car, they usually do their homework on it.
The car is probably strippe right now and parts going up on ebay or being sold underground to people with big money. If he gets it back it might be in pieces :lol:
Most alarm systems are installed for convenience (remote starting, window roll-up and trunk release), and the 2-way option is just an added plus. If they were able to steal the car because of a failsafe key stashed somewhere, then the car was simply asking to be stolen; not even a $10,000 security system would prevent that. It also takes some owner diligence to prevent such a pitfall....

But stack it up with even a simple boomerang or boomerang2 system would make a thief ponder:

Is it worth it to try and steal a car with a 2-way security system, a boomerang system and who knows if the owner installed a fuel cut somewhere in the car?

I'm pretty sure the thief would move on..
No no .. I dont mean failsafe key... I mean the actual key.

Almost all car thefts now a days are with actual oem keys....
tdot-zx3,Jul 4 2005, 11: Wrote:No no .. I dont mean failsafe key... I mean the actual key.

Almost all car thefts now a days are with actual oem keys....
[right][snapback]119158[/snapback][/right]

This is true, You can buy OEM Master keys from GM, Toyota, Ford, Honda, Mitsubishi, Dodge, and many more car companys. They sell these master Keys all over the Net, all you have to know where to look. These keys can open your car or start it regardless if you have the microchiped keys, or remote. Repo people use these all the time, not to mention people who commit car theift, all you have to do is go thru your keys till you find the correct one that starts the car.

Atleast with something like Boomarang, once you call them and report your car stolen it's found with-in 2 hours or less, even if it's underground or in a shipping crate. 100% of the time when Boomarang locates your car, its usually found with several other stolen cars. Police recommend this system, and having it in your car helps lower your insurance costs too. I plan on adding it to my car later in the year.