FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Added A Couple New Toys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
put on a coil pack and live wires (plugs gapped to 0.065" wowee lol), throttle body, and got the XCalibrator 2 and 3 tunes... 94 oct perf./91 oct perf/and 91 oct fuel economy.

This is the first test of the fuel economy one, as soon as this tank of 94 is done I will flash to that one and see how it works. Already, it seems I'm getting better fuel mileage with the 94 oct perf. flash

There is quite a noticeable difference after these add ons... mid range is alot more spunky and throttle response is pretty active. Short ram intake is in the mail... still have the stock box choking its air :lol:

The sound is nice too, more 'grumbly' throughout the power band.

Overall... 10+!!
:postpics:
Hey...how's the difference now on the take off...since the tune???
I cant wait to get mine....and see if all the money spent is really worth it...
what about hp...do you have numbers???
I would be interested in your stock SVT air box and snorkel setup. It would be part of the Big Boost upgrade for my JRSC, along with smaller S/C pulley, SVT MAF, bigger injectors(already have), and retune.
dBlast,Jun 28 2005, 06:44 AM Wrote:I would be interested in your stock SVT air box and snorkel setup.  It would be part of the Big Boost upgrade for my JRSC, along with smaller S/C pulley, SVT MAF, bigger injectors(already have), and retune.
[right][snapback]118056[/snapback][/right]

Haha, allready looking for more power :lol:
scoobasteve,Jun 28 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:
dBlast,Jun 28 2005, 06:44 AM Wrote:I would be interested in your stock SVT air box and snorkel setup.  It would be part of the Big Boost upgrade for my JRSC, along with smaller S/C pulley, SVT MAF, bigger injectors(already have), and retune.

[right][snapback]118083[/snapback][/right]

He heard himself on Dan's teaser vid and now he's doubly-motivated to get MORE POWER. :D

Congrats Carey, I can't wait to see what numbers you put down in August :)
scoobasteve,Jun 28 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]118083[/snapback][/right]

Needs more cowbell...

you can never get enough cowbell. ;)
ZX5focused,Jun 27 2005, 12:31 PM Wrote::postpics:
[right][snapback]117865[/snapback][/right]

enough said!

That's cool, I would be willing to part with it. Although, the large snorkel will stay on the car. So I have the air box and side snorkel if you're interested.
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 28 2005, 04:58 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Jun 27 2005, 12:31 PM Wrote::postpics:
[right][snapback]117865[/snapback][/right]

enough said!
[right][snapback]118184[/snapback][/right]

lol so what exactly would you like a pic of??

The wires hidden by the SVT plug cover, or the coil covered by the plastic, or a sweet shot of my ECU containing the wicked tune? :ph34r: :lol:

I do have a new graphic, perhaps I can post that for you... I'm told it's good for 5 fwhp cause it's silver :P

When the intake goes on, I'll pull off the covers and take a couple shots ;)
redsvtfocus,Jun 27 2005, 11:56 PM Wrote:Hey...how's the difference now on the take off...since the tune???
I cant wait to get mine....and see if all the money spent is really worth it...
what about hp...do you have numbers???
[right][snapback]118034[/snapback][/right]

Afer city driving it for a few days I can really feel the difference, moreso than the first couple test drives. It starts to pull much sooner than before for sure. Overall, it's just much more fun and snappy. I haven't been out to the strip yet to get a quantitative difference on times. I'm so bad at getting off the line anyway lol pfft, I'll need to make ten passes and use the average :rolleyes: Put me on the circuit (SVTOA!!!!) and then I'll be able to give good details.

Regardless, I'd say this mod is a must... no surging, no nothing... but sweetness B)
Did these tunes come preloaded on the X-Cal or did you have to download the from SCT??