FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2005 Svtoa On Track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The 'Redline Rendezvous' On Track event is back again for another fun and exciting year! Come and join us in Shannonville, Ontario for the 5th Annual 'Redline Rendezvous' Canadian On Track event.

Join us at Shannonville Motorsport Park, August 5-7 in Shannonville, Ontario (just east of Belleville). The SVT Marketing Trailer will be there with some of their SVT products and toys. We also have representatives from Ford and from our On Track Sponsors.

This is your chance to test the limits of your Focus with experienced instructors from North America. Even in a non-SVT Focus, you can have a lot of fun with the LX ;) This event is a driving school and not a lapping/timed event.

For more information, visit the SVTOA Redline Rendezvous On Track Website

*edit*

Note: Early bird registration prices have been extended until July 29th. After that, prices will go up. The room block at the Best Western Belleville has also been lifted. You might be able to get a room there, but it's not guaranteed. There is also camping available on site. In any case, register before then to ensure your spot for the event and hotel room.
This is a wicked event guys... and worth every penny!

GET SIGNED UP! :D
I'll see you there, Gapper - I had such a good time at last year's event (at Dunnville), I already signed up to work it again this year.
I won't be able to commit for a while yet, too many things going on right now.

Seems like a really good weekend though :)
NOS: It is quite a lot of fun. It's amazing what our cars can do...heck, even a Taurus can have fun on the track. You and everyone else are more than welcome to come out and watch.

DanielB: Bring your car this time. But then again, there's always the F-250 doing the Fabi circuit.

Brooksy: Signed up yet? We were almost ready to drag you out of Dunnville...

Based on our location, we'll probably draw more folks from Quebec and the Northeastern US states.
Ok, I think I'll be signing up for this shortly.

What's up with the rest of you bitches? ;) Get your car on track! :D

Hey Dean, you say your car is the fastest. Prove it! :lol:
Damn, I'd be there in a second, but it's a bit too far of a drive from Winnipeg. :(
Well...it's this weekend B)

Feel free to stop in, if you're in the neighbourhood.

For those of you participating, I will see everyone there Friday at the track. If you're there Friday, I'd strongly suggest Tech Inspection because you could win a decently $$$ prize ;)
Obviously Pat and I won't be there saturday because of the dyno day... but you know we'll be there on Sunday!! I was hoping to give Pat a run for his money in his GT but since his recent mods and runnning a nice 12.9 at sparta... I may have to find an Ace up my sleeve... :P
i wish i noticed this before.. i wish it was lapping event too but oh well..

is it the type where people do a run and then say 30 seconds after, another person starts and you do just one lap?
Maybe we'll come by for a bit before we head home Sunday. Is there any fee to watch?
BerinG,Aug 3 2005, 08:32 AM Wrote:i wish i noticed this before.. i wish it was lapping event too but oh well..

is it the type where people do a run and then say 30 seconds after, another person starts and you do just one lap?
[right][snapback]127423[/snapback][/right]

It is a lapping event! Generally, cars are split into classes based on experience. You are lapping with that group in 15 min (or so) intervals. There are coaches on hand to lap with etc...

Man, change your plans and head out if you want to do lapping... it's sooooooo much fun! B)
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2005, 08:45 AM Wrote:Maybe we'll come by for a bit before we head home Sunday. Is there any fee to watch?
[right][snapback]127427[/snapback][/right]

Yeah Adam, do that. I'm 99% sure there is no charge to come out and watch. Wasn't one last year, in fact I took some spectators around the track at the break when we had a parade lap... as you can imagine... it turned into a med. pace lap or two lol was fun.
I on;t be able to make this sorry :(

summer is officially booked solid.
BrooksZX3,Aug 3 2005, 09:09 AM Wrote:It is a lapping event!  Generally, cars are split into classes based on experience.  You are lapping with that group in 15 min (or so) intervals.  There are coaches on hand to lap with etc...

Man, change your plans and head out if you want to do lapping... it's sooooooo much fun! B)
[right][snapback]127430[/snapback][/right]

what? really?! Where did i read "this is not a lapping event" ..

oh believe me, i know lapping is awesome!!! im just scared of burning oil with my turbo return line being the way it is on hard braking.. i have to make a hole in block skirt and move the fitting there.. that's the only real concern i have, i dont want to have to tow it back to ottawa either :ph34r:

damnit, i wish i had known earlier, i would've kicked myself in the ass to have this done already.. i am so hyped for lapping recently.. my brother just went last week-end.. i keep seeing a bunch of videos and photos of other people lapping.. i want my car back on the track!

how much is it?
I can't recal... if you email Richard (GapBoy) he can give you all the details, I"m sure in his profile he has a link to info, or check out SVTOA.com... redline rendezvous in Shannonville

Bust ass and make it out dood!

Carey
I'm taking Friday off work and heading up early for the whole weekend event. Will be good to see how the Marauder does in the corners :rolleyes:
SVTOA says that they are trying to make sure there is a Ford GT at every on track event this year. Now I'd would pay good money to for a ride in that around the track with a pro driver.
SVT ZX3,Aug 3 2005, 08:28 PM Wrote:SVTOA says that they are trying to make sure there is a Ford GT at every on track event this year. Now I'd would pay good money to for a ride in that around the track with a pro driver.
[right][snapback]127698[/snapback][/right]

And hopefully a Shelby GT500!
just found out the girlfriend is going to montreal this week-end for a "stagette" thing.. wouldn't race but ill see if anyone would want to drive down..
Pages: 1 2