FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Is The Definition Of Riced?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
who can explain this statement?
I think I got this for yah
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rice
Quote:1. rice
An automobile that has been equipped with gawdy, unnesecary accessories, such as 3' high spoilers, loud and/or repulsive paint job and body work. Owners of such automobiles feel that these accessories make their car the best in the world, when in fact it is not.
That Prelude over there is nice, but this here Civic ain't nothin but a ric mobile

haha just read the next definition for it damn funny
Quote:2. rice
Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car. Most commonly known for being done to Honda Civics, but can also be done to slow domestic vehicles, such as a Chevy Cavalier, etc.
:lol: :lol:

#2 is perfect.
ANYTHING that adds weight uglyness, drag or impedes the performance of a car. Unnecessary spoilers and wings that are "ghey" in colour, shape and size. Taking a smaller exhaust and slamming a HUGE tip that sounds like a weed eater on nitro and weighing the pipe down so much that it hits the ground and grind the botom flat. One of my favourite exhaust ones it the bolted to the other side "fake duals". You can tell these from the lack of carbon from no exhaust running through

OK i'll stop here before i get myself in trouble. I could go another 20 min on exhaust alone. That leaves everything else to go, and i might even have pictures to display what i'm describing.

yeah those pretty much sum it up...

heres are examples

EDIT: Ricecop wont link them

try Rice Cop to see some examples
#2 is pretty good :headbang:
hmm those pics aren't showing for me
[Image: pic1197.jpg]

THE 180Mph K-CAR

notice the "type R" which is usually associated with many rice parts
Extensive research has been done at FF on the "Rice" phenomenon. Many examples on this thread;

click for rice
think #2 is the prefect defination of rice.
Number 2 is awesome.
The picture that Crazirich has... hilarious! stellar
Its usually associated with typeR because this is where the trend name "rice" pretty much came from.

In the late 90's people started putting typeR stickers on non typeR hondas and Integras and it grew from there. The term rice was used because these were mostly jap cars and im sure some domestic guy coined the phrase.

Either way its grown bigtime from then.
I figure anything that doesn't add performance is rice... doesn't matter what it is.
we've all put rice on our vehicles at one point or another.
thing is rice is what kicks all the clean car asses in car shows :(
Rice = try to make your car LOOK fast, but it has no "BALLS"
definition of riced right here

[Image: b45e811e.jpg]

:ph34r: :unsure:
The thing is many people out there just want to drive a nice car and could care less how fast they can go. Just because some ones mod a car a certain way dont mean there trying to act like there fast. Some just want a nice looking car along there tastes and likes.

Rice is mostly when it comes down to untasteful mods. The problem is people dont know when to use it properly.

IE the major one was putting Type R decals on non Type R motor Hondas. Not such a big deal anymore. Now we got people running old Skyline R32's thinking there R34's.
What about "factory rice"?

Perfect definition - Pontiac Stunfire "GTO" / "GTX" - base Stunfire with the 2.2L Ol' Wheezy pushrod engine, add some stickers / vinyl, and you're done!

Even the SPI spanks those things like delinquent children. What a disgrace to the GTO moniker.

I mean, it stands for Gran Turismo Omologato which translates roughly into Grand Touring (something), my Italian's pretty bad. The original Pontiac GTO kicked ass, the Stunfire GTO kicks... hamsters?

What the hell does the new one stand for? Great, now Turn Over? :lol:
The second definition is awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3