FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Getting New Cell Wich One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got Telus presently and I want to go with a different one wich one? Bell, Rogers, Fido or Virgin?? wich one??
none cell phone companies are the devil.
Go with Rogers Wireless and get a dualband 850/1900 PC4 gsm phone, ask RAINE for a good deal on a new one, or see myself if you are interested in an unlocked gsm phone
focusonthis_88,Jun 24 2005, 06:32 PM Wrote:I got Telus presently and I want to go with a different one wich one?  Bell, Rogers, Fido or Virgin??  wich one??
[right][snapback]117187[/snapback][/right]

Are you gonna be in Toronto anytime soon? If so I can give you this plan:

$25/month:

100 Daytime Minutes
1000 Evening and Weekend
100 Canadian Long Distance
Unlimited incoming calls
3 months unlimited local calling
2 months free call display & voicemail
$35 bill credit (activation fee waived) till June 30th

As for a phone, I can get you a Motorola v551 for $39 (regular $129)

Major benefit of Rogers? Largest GSM network in Canada, and rogers subscribers use the fido network for free :)
get the one that rings and buzz's your balls
buy my phone :D
DD1,Jun 25 2005, 01:43 AM Wrote:get the one that rings and buzz's your balls
[right][snapback]117249[/snapback][/right]

every phone does that ;)
I have a contract with telus for 2 years but my phone does alot of free game..it's all scratch and it close by it's self... Is there anyway I can cancel my contract without paying a crazy fee....im sure someone know a trick?
focusonthis_88,Jun 25 2005, 02:42 AM Wrote:I have a contract with telus for 2 years but my phone does alot of free game..it's all scratch and it close by it's self...  Is there anyway I can cancel my contract without paying a crazy fee....im sure someone know a trick?
[right][snapback]117297[/snapback][/right]

Not the way they lawyerproof that contract... Yer stuck paying $20/m left on the contract up to the end of the term as a cancellation penalty

NefCanuck
focusonthis_88,Jun 25 2005, 02:42 AM Wrote:I have a contract with telus for 2 years but my phone does alot of free game..it's all scratch and it close by it's self...  Is there anyway I can cancel my contract without paying a crazy fee....im sure someone know a trick?
[right][snapback]117297[/snapback][/right]

You can find someone to take over your contract, thats about the only thing you can do.
To exit a contract on Telus is $20/month up to a max of $200, same as Rogers
Raine,Jun 25 2005, 10:25 PM Wrote:To exit a contract on Telus is $20/month up to a max of $200, same as Rogers
[right][snapback]117463[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Then they've changed their cancellation policy since I renewed last year, cause my documentation says that it's 20/m to the end of the contract, no cap of $200 is mentioned anywhere.

NefCanuck
if you report the phone stolen or lost? what happen with your contract?
focusonthis_88,Jun 26 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:if you report the phone stolen or lost? what happen with your contract?
[right][snapback]117488[/snapback][/right]

you will still remain in the contract, and have no phone, they will make u pay full retail for a new phone.

Raine,Jun 25 2005, 10:25 PM Wrote:To exit a contract on Telus is $20/month up to a max of $200, same as Rogers
[right][snapback]117463[/snapback][/right]

Correction, Telus has no cap, $20 x 36/months = $720. Basically, they have no window where you can cancel your plan if your not happy either, but strangely, they offer 30 days to return the phone? why would anyone want to return a phone but cant cancel the contract? Telus, they dont nickel and dime you, they Quarter and Loonie you.
It's too bad it's not like Bell, it only cost me $7 a month to put my account on "hold" then once my contract expired i canceled, a lot better then $20 a month.
Just don't go with Rogers. Rogers sucks for me! I want a new phone... I hear Telus and Fido are awesome.
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 26 2005, 03:01 AM Wrote:Just don't go with Rogers. Rogers sucks for me! I want a new phone... I hear Telus and Fido are awesome.
[right][snapback]117501[/snapback][/right]

Fido and Rogers are basically the same now....

As with Telus and Bell, but Bell has more coverage in Eastern Canada, and Telus out West.

For where you live and s**t Eric, I'd go with Bell....

My GFs Rogers Cell doesnt pick up any signal beyond Clarence Creek.

Jays2000ZX3,Jun 26 2005, 02:19 AM Wrote:It's too bad it's not like Bell, it only cost me $7 a month to put my account on "hold" then once my contract expired i canceled, a lot better then $20 a month.
[right][snapback]117495[/snapback][/right]

doesn't a hold, hold your contract has well?
Flofocus,Jun 26 2005, 09:41 AM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 26 2005, 03:01 AM Wrote:Just don't go with Rogers. Rogers sucks for me! I want a new phone... I hear Telus and Fido are awesome.
[right][snapback]117501[/snapback][/right]

Fido and Rogers are basically the same now....

As with Telus and Bell, but Bell has more coverage in Eastern Canada, and Telus out West.

For where you live and s**t Eric, I'd go with Bell....

My GFs Rogers Cell doesnt pick up any signal beyond Clarence Creek.
[right][snapback]117518[/snapback][/right]

Can you get me a deal with bell?? If not, what cell should I get with Bell?
I found the rogers network really improving in the past while, when I had my blackberry it had service everywhere my old telus phone didn't....

Now I've got a telus phone from work (Mike) and it sucks ass..... its got to be the worst network EVER!
Pages: 1 2