FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Car On My Wish List!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
audi rs4

:headbang:
think im with you on that.
Looks like a nice one!
Two cool quotes:

Quote:Vented 14.4-inch front rotors and 12.8-inch rears give this little Audi the ability to "brake better than the Lamborghini Gallardo," according to Audi spokesperson Josef Schlossmacher. Audi should know—it owns Lamborghini.

Quote:After about 25 miles of autobahn cat-and-mouse, the unimaginable (to the Benz driver) occurs. The Audi pulls ahead of the Benz to an indicated 168 mph. With the Benz's speedo pegged at a governed 155 mph, its driver can only sit back and watch as the ungoverned Audi pulls ahead. Stateside, the speeds will likely be a bit less extreme when the approximately $55,000 RS 4 goes on sale next spring.
Raine,Jun 24 2005, 06:52 AM Wrote:Two cool quotes:

Quote:Vented 14.4-inch front rotors and 12.8-inch rears give this little Audi the ability to "brake better than the Lamborghini Gallardo," according to Audi spokesperson Josef Schlossmacher. Audi should know—it owns Lamborghini.

Quote:After about 25 miles of autobahn cat-and-mouse, the unimaginable (to the Benz driver) occurs. The Audi pulls ahead of the Benz to an indicated 168 mph. With the Benz's speedo pegged at a governed 155 mph, its driver can only sit back and watch as the ungoverned Audi pulls ahead. Stateside, the speeds will likely be a bit less extreme when the approximately $55,000 RS 4 goes on sale next spring.
[right][snapback]116844[/snapback][/right]

Yes, that put a smile on my face...what a car!
Quote:The stronger and lighter internal components as well as the cooling properties of direct injection, which allows for a higher compression ratio, yield a high-revving, ferocious V-8 with a power peak of 7800 rpm and an 8250-rpm redline. But this engine is not without low-end torque—at least 90 percent of the 317 pound-feet of peak torque is available at 2250 rpm.

Holy crap! 8250RPM as a redline in a small V8 - imagine what the tuners will be hitting!
rs4 is a very sweet car. I have a huge poster of it in the pool room.

Last night I was looking for fun on ebay....they have buy it now options for 1st gen DODGE vipers for 21-23K Usd. Thats what...26-29 G's CND. :huh:
Flofocus,Jun 24 2005, 09:04 AM Wrote:rs4 is a very sweet car.  I have a huge poster of it in the pool room.

Last night I was looking for fun on ebay....they have buy it now options for 1st gen DODGE vipers for 21-23K Usd.  Thats what...26-29 G's CND. :huh:
[right][snapback]116905[/snapback][/right]

That's not funny, Nate. Don't tempt me like that. It's "only" 400BHP with an assload of torque, and easily bumped up. A true muscle car for the 90s.
Hmmm... I wonder what insurance would be for me on a viper :lol:
Nice numbers.

But man that car is hideous.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 24 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 24 2005, 09:04 AM Wrote:rs4 is a very sweet car.  I have a huge poster of it in the pool room.

Last night I was looking for fun on ebay....they have buy it now options for 1st gen DODGE vipers for 21-23K Usd.  Thats what...26-29 G's CND. :huh:
[right][snapback]116905[/snapback][/right]

That's not funny, Nate. Don't tempt me like that. It's "only" 400BHP with an assload of torque, and easily bumped up. A true muscle car for the 90s.
[right][snapback]116942[/snapback][/right]

Not s**t heh.

I sat back and went...

hmmmmmm :icon_mrgreen:
ANTHONYD,Jun 24 2005, 10:57 AM Wrote:Nice numbers.

[right][snapback]116959[/snapback][/right]

Viper or RS4?
I'm in the market for a new car. Perhaps I'll take two loans out one for the RS4, and one for the insurance on the RS4.
Aka,Jun 24 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:I'm in the market for a new car. Perhaps I'll take two loans out one for the RS4, and one for the insurance on the RS4.
[right][snapback]117103[/snapback][/right]

Loans? Try selling your internal organs, twice over <_<

NefCanuck
(Audi's built like bank vaults... priced like 'em too)
Seriously tho... I don't like the wheels, but the rest of the car is hot.
NefCanuck,Jun 24 2005, 03:28 PM Wrote:
Aka,Jun 24 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:I'm in the market for a new car. Perhaps I'll take two loans out one for the RS4, and one for the insurance on the RS4.
[right][snapback]117103[/snapback][/right]

Loans? Try selling your internal organs, twice over <_<

NefCanuck
(Audi's built like bank vaults... priced like 'em too)
[right][snapback]117107[/snapback][/right]
hmm ok I'll take out a mortgage, will that work? can I do that?
I actually like those wheels... such a hot car... i'd get it over the M3 Hands down
scoobasteve,Jun 24 2005, 10:30 PM Wrote:I actually like those wheels... such a hot car... i'd get it over the M3 Hands down
[right][snapback]117170[/snapback][/right]

i second that!!
ANTHONYD,Jun 24 2005, 10:57 AM Wrote:Nice numbers.

[right][snapback]116959[/snapback][/right]

I agree with anthonyd on this one, it is a nice car :)

But the back end looks like a early 1990's Saturn SL2 to me :huh: